Author Topic: Breaking News: Iran may be behind deadly attacks on US forces  (Read 8447 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Breaking News: Iran may be behind deadly attacks on US forces
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »
Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

1.  Israel is Israel's fucking problem.   How many troops has Israel sent to help out the US in Afghanistan and Iraq?  Yet you're bending over to help them?  WTF?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 07:30:41 AM »
Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

Should the US declare war on Iraq because their president made a verbal threat?  Yes or no?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 07:31:01 AM »
now your spouting off about bush. 
the topic was iran may be behind attacks on US. 
have you been under a rock??  i've seen report after report about iran shipping fighters over to iraq.  and i don't watch that much news. 

Yeah.  Not exactly a news flash.  They are probably one of the countries supplying the insurgents with weapons.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 07:31:50 AM »
1.  Israel is Israel's fucking problem.   How many troops has Israel sent to help out the US in Afghanistan and Iraq?  Yet you're bending over to help them?  WTF?

???  I'm simply quoting the Iranian president. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 07:32:29 AM »
Should the US declare war on Iraq because their president made a verbal threat?  Yes or no?

She the U.S. declare war on Iraq?  Um . . . hmmm. . . . uh . . .  no?   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 07:33:32 AM »
???  I'm simply quoting the Iranian president. 

Sorry, I don't know your position on ISR.  

Some people on the board believe the US should enter a 3rd war to protect Israel.  I believe that we should let Israel fight their own wars, as they have had no problem sitting out Iraq and letting 3100 AMericans die.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 07:35:24 AM »
She the U.S. declare war on Iraq?  Um . . . hmmm. . . . uh . . .  no?   :)

Sorry, Iran.

Should the US declare war on Iran because their president made a verbal threat?  Yes or no?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »
Sorry, Iran.

Should the US declare war on Iran because their president made a verbal threat?  Yes or no?

I didn't say any such thing and I have no opinion whatsoever on a war with Iran.  I was simply quoting the Iranian president who wants to kill Americans.  This is the same man we're supposed to "negotiate" with.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 07:43:15 AM »
I didn't say any such thing and I have no opinion whatsoever on a war with Iran.  I was simply quoting the Iranian president who wants to kill Americans.  This is the same man we're supposed to "negotiate" with.   :-\

Dude.

Is there any doubt at ALL that Bush/Cheney would love nothing more than to kill Adhmedijad?  LOL...  They're just better and not saying it on the mic.

Look, most world leaders would love to kill others and take their resources.  I could care less what he thinks or what he says.  We *did* label him the axis of evil before he said what he did. 

Also, we've refused to negotiate with Iran for 22 years, I believe.  It's not about Adhmedijahad. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 07:46:19 AM »

Here's the letter Ahmadinejad wrote "to the American people".

http://english.irib.ir/IRAN/Ahmadi-letter%20to%20Americans.htm

BTW, I scanned the website for that report, couldn't find it, look yourself:

http://english.irib.ir/

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 07:48:33 AM »
Disclaimer: The Ahmadinejad Letter, of course I believe it to be demagogic and also to be propaganda.

But it doesn't make any sense that he would call for destruction of USA if he's trying to build some kind of relation with the US common man in the meantime.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007, 07:49:35 AM »
Dude.

Is there any doubt at ALL that Bush/Cheney would love nothing more than to kill Adhmedijad?  LOL...  They're just better and not saying it on the mic.

Look, most world leaders would love to kill others and take their resources.  I could care less what he thinks or what he says.  We *did* label him the axis of evil before he said what he did. 

Also, we've refused to negotiate with Iran for 22 years, I believe.  It's not about Adhmedijahad. 

And for good reason.  I wouldn't sit down at the table with them either.

And you cannot reasonably compare our government leaders with Iran.  They have been indoctrinating their people to hate and kill Americans for decades.  They hate us.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 07:50:29 AM »
To sum up:
It is possible to govern based on an approach that is distinctly different from one of coercion, force and injustice.

It is possible to sincerely serve and promote common human values, and honesty and compassion.

It is possible to provide welfare and prosperity without tension, threats, imposition or war.

It is possible to lead the world towards the aspired perfection by adhering to unity, monotheism, morality and spirituality and drawing upon the teachings of the Divine Prophets.

Then, the American people, who are God-fearing and followers of Divine religions, will overcome every difficulty.

Yeah, something must have gotten lost in translation.  I missed the part where he says we should burn.  BB, can you show us the quote please?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »
And for good reason.  I wouldn't sit down at the table with them either.

You're an undiplomatic man who would prefer war over an amicable solution.

I tell you what - if you had 5 kids and they were all stationed on the frontlines at the Iranian border (and certain to perish in early battling), would you still be so against negotiations?  Or is it strictly when other american kids will die that you prefer war first, everything else second?

And you cannot reasonably compare our government leaders with Iran.  They have been indoctrinating their people to hate and kill Americans for decades.  They hate us.   

Yawn.  Good thing there's no fearmongering going on over here to teach us to hate that group.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 07:53:48 AM »
Disclaimer: The Ahmadinejad Letter, of course I believe it to be demagogic and also to be propaganda.

But it doesn't make any sense that he would call for destruction of USA if he's trying to build some kind of relation with the US common man in the meantime.

-Hedge

You tell me.  Why call for death to Americans if you truly want a diplomatic relationship?  He is talking out of both sides of his mouth.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »
Yeah, something must have gotten lost in translation.  I missed the part where he says we should burn.  BB, can you show us the quote please?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2007, 07:57:01 AM »
You're an undiplomatic man who would prefer war over an amicable solution.

I tell you what - if you had 5 kids and they were all stationed on the frontlines at the Iranian border (and certain to perish in early battling), would you still be so against negotiations?  Or is it strictly when other american kids will die that you prefer war first, everything else second?

Yawn.  Good thing there's no fearmongering going on over here to teach us to hate that group.

LOL.  So I've called for war with Iran?  Where exactly did I say that?  Quit making stuff up.   ::)

I don't have 5 kids stationed on the Iranian border.   ::)

You're comparing Iran with the U.S.?  I am shocked. . . . Not. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 07:58:37 AM »
Yet people like headhunder and mightymouse are still calling for a strike because they believe iran to be meddling in iraq.  ::) And they do so just because Bush said so..

Hey camelass did I say i want an air strike..not only do I not want one I don't think there will be one. We don't need another front. One is enough.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »

Here's an article which believes otherwise:

The "Wipe Israel Off The Map" Hoax
What Ahmadinejad really said and why this broken record is just another ad slogan for war

Barely a day goes by that one can avoid reading or hearing yet another Israeli, American or British warhawk regurgitate the broken record that Iran's President Ahmadinejad threatened to "wipe Israel off the map," framed in the ridiculous context that Israelis are being targeted for a second holocaust. This baseless rallying call for conflict holds about as much credibility as Dick Cheney's assertion that Saddam Hussein was planning to light up American skies with mushroom clouds.

Today it's the turn of would-be future British Prime Minister David Cameron, leader of the Conservative Party, who repeated the "wipe Israel off he map" fraud in a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos, using it to qualify his refusal to rule out a military strike on Iran under a Tory government.

Did Ahmadinejad really threaten to "wipe Israel off the map" or is this phrase just another jingoistic brand slogan for selling the next war in the Middle East?

The devil is in the detail, wiping Israel off the map suggests a physical genocidal assault, a literal population relocation or elimination akin to what the Nazis did. According to numerous different translations, Ahmadinejad never used the word "map," instead his statement was in the context of time and applied to the Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem. Ahmadinejad was expressing his future hope that the Zionist regime in Israel would fall, not that Iran was going to physically annex the country and its population.

To claim Ahmadinejad has issued a rallying cry to ethnically cleanse Israel is akin to saying that Churchill wanted to murder all Germans when he stated his desire to crush the Nazis. This is about the demise of a corrupt occupying power, not the deaths of millions of innocent people.

The Guardian's Jonathan Steele cites four different translations, from professors to the BBC to the New York Times and even pro-Israel news outlets, in none of those translations is the word "map" used. The closest translation to what the Iranian President actually said is, "The regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time," or a narrow relative thereof. In no version is the word "map" used or a context of mass genocide or hostile military action even hinted at.

The acceptance of the word "map" seemingly originated with the New York Times, who later had to back away from this false translation. The BBC also wrongly used the word and, in comments to Steele, later accepted their mistake but refused to issue a retraction.

"The fact that he compared his desired option - the elimination of "the regime occupying Jerusalem" - with the fall of the Shah's regime in Iran makes it crystal clear that he is talking about regime change, not the end of Israel. As a schoolboy opponent of the Shah in the 1970's he surely did not favor Iran's removal from the page of time. He just wanted the Shah out," writes Steele.

"It's important to note that the "quote" in question was itself a quote, writes Arash Norouzi, "they are the words of the late Ayatollah Khomeini, the father of the Islamic Revolution. Although he quoted Khomeini to affirm his own position on Zionism, the actual words belong to Khomeini and not Ahmadinejad. Thus, Ahmadinejad has essentially been credited (or blamed) for a quote that is not only unoriginal, but represents a viewpoint already in place well before he ever took office."

Professor Juan Cole concurs, arguing, "Now, some might say, "So he didn't say, 'wipe off the map,' he said 'erase from the page.' What's the difference? Anyway he's saying he wants to get rid of Israel. Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope -- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government. Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that 'Israel must be wiped off the map' with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be erased from the page of time."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2007, 08:03:07 AM »
This guy won't last..it comes down to the almighty dollar or euro or whatever..this guy is a threat to the oil and cash flowing into the coffers of the mullahs. Komeini (SP) didn't even spout as much shit as this guy. They will take care of the problem, We'll offer consessions if he gets offed. He's a problem for them as well.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2007, 08:05:23 AM »
LOL.  So I've called for war with Iran?  Where exactly did I say that?  Quit making stuff up.   ::)

I don't have 5 kids stationed on the Iranian border.   ::)

You're comparing Iran with the U.S.?  I am shocked. . . . Not. 

Interesting you're willing to say you wouldn't negotiate under one set of hypothetical circumstances, but not under the set of circumstances I present which puts a personal stake in there.

It's okay, I understand your view.  If you supported invading then, you'd say so.  your refusal means you wouldn't support it, but don't want to open your self up to criticism for inconsistency.

ANyway, that doesn't matter.  You're against negotiation.  Negotiation is the only thing which will prevent war.  To go right to war because you don't like their words, well, it's immature and short-sighted.  When lives and a trillion dollars is at stake, you swallow your fooking ego and go to talks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »
This guy won't last..it comes down to the almighty dollar or euro or whatever..this guy is a threat to the oil and cash flowing into the coffers of the mullahs. Komeini (SP) didn't even spout as much shit as this guy. They will take care of the problem, We'll offer consessions if he gets offed. He's a problem for them as well.

the position of iranian president is not a very powerful one to begin with.  He couldn't unilaterally declare war if he wanted to, without his legislature backing him.  People dont see that.  I wouldn't mind if they removed him, it would settle Bush down and maybe wouldn't jump to war without having a conversation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »
here's a Q for everyone.

There's a guy on the street who's been talking shit all day.  Silly shit, but threatening nonetheless.  He has a gun.  you have a gun. 

Now you walk out into the road.  You have two options.  you can open fire, in which case he'll open fire too, and one or both of you will be hit, along with bystanders.  Or, you can hold your gun ready and ask him to settle down.  You can still draw if he does.  But you might be able to learn the guy is just a prick who wants attention.

The hothead goes out firing, and a lot of people get shot.  The smart man tries to talk it down, but remains ready for a gunfight.  Myself and Reagan would try to talk it through.  Beacn Bum and Bush would prefer to start shootin' and pray it all works out.  Just different, that's all.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 08:25:40 AM »
here's a Q for everyone.

There's a guy on the street who's been talking shit all day.  Silly shit, but threatening nonetheless.  He has a gun.  you have a gun. 

Now you walk out into the road.  You have two options.  you can open fire, in which case he'll open fire too, and one or both of you will be hit, along with bystanders.  Or, you can hold your gun ready and ask him to settle down.  You can still draw if he does.  But you might be able to learn the guy is just a prick who wants attention.

The hothead goes out firing, and a lot of people get shot.  The smart man tries to talk it down, but remains ready for a gunfight.  .

if he is talking shit about Israel i forgo my own safety and shoot him right in the fucking head.

then when people hear the gun shots and start running here n there i blame it on the muslims!  ;D
carpe` vaginum!