Author Topic: Breaking News: Iran may be behind deadly attacks on US forces  (Read 8360 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Breaking News: Iran may be behind deadly attacks on US forces
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:09 AM »
ok, who actually believes iran is not meddling in iraq??

http://abcnews.go.com/International/IraqCoverage/story?id=2688501
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/12/politics/main2355951.shtml
http://thomasjoscelyn.blogspot.com/2006/08/who-are-we-fighting-in-iraq.html

I'd like to see some other sources than US Military officials, no offence.

Still, I like to know more about this. Very interesting.

I'm not going to claim that it's either a media ploy from the Bush Administration or that Iran is doing all of this until I get som further evidence.

Ever since the WMD claims turned out to be complete lies, I've been very sceptical about the information coming from the Bush Administration.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:13 AM »
the position of iranian president is not a very powerful one to begin with.  He couldn't unilaterally declare war if he wanted to, without his legislature backing him.  People dont see that.  I wouldn't mind if they removed him, it would settle Bush down and maybe wouldn't jump to war without having a conversation.

prove to me he can't declare war.  just because you say he can't, why should i believe it.
you honestly think these islamic fanatics fight war "legally".     

W

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2007, 09:19:12 AM »
prove to me he can't declare war.  just because you say he can't, why should i believe it.
you honestly think these islamic fanatics fight war "legally".     

240 or Bust is actually right.

The most powerful man in Iran is without a doubt the Ayatollah, Khamenei, also known as the "Supreme Leader" ::)

He is the religious leader, but also has the ultimate political power, since he can overrule anything the president dictates, as well as the power over the military.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »
Interesting you're willing to say you wouldn't negotiate under one set of hypothetical circumstances, but not under the set of circumstances I present which puts a personal stake in there.

It's okay, I understand your view.  If you supported invading then, you'd say so.  your refusal means you wouldn't support it, but don't want to open your self up to criticism for inconsistency.

ANyway, that doesn't matter.  You're against negotiation.  Negotiation is the only thing which will prevent war.  To go right to war because you don't like their words, well, it's immature and short-sighted.  When lives and a trillion dollars is at stake, you swallow your fooking ego and go to talks.

Your M.O., when faced with facts you don't like, or that make you uncomfortable, is to (1) ignore them, (2) change them, by making some weird hypothetical, and/or (3) make them up.  This thread is a prime example. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2007, 09:32:56 AM »
of course iran is meddling with iraq...thats a NO brainer..

but so is israel...
carpe` vaginum!

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2007, 09:38:27 AM »
Your M.O., when faced with facts you don't like, or that make you uncomfortable, is to (1) ignore them, (2) change them, by making some weird hypothetical, and/or (3) make them up.  This thread is a prime example. 

you nailed it.  you stated what i've been thinking.

Oh! Oh!  [hand waving] I know the answer to this one.   :D

;)
W

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »

I haven't followed what his arguements have been with this topic, but that's close to what happens with the 9/11 CT stuff. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »

Hey camelass did I say i want an air strike..not only do I not want one I don't think there will be one. We don't need another front. One is enough.

Good.  ;D