Author Topic: Car advice from Lee.....since i dont like the advice my brother gives me..  (Read 9292 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Car advice from Lee.....since i dont like the advice my brother gives me..
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »
I've always driven Mercedes and BMW so I'm just curious why you like Audi.

i just dont wanna spend the kinda $ a merc or BMW would cost..a nice one anyways...and i doubt dad would shell out for it...

carpe` vaginum!

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 06:59:16 PM »

ya gotta watch that movie crank...!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/crank/large.html

you should work to get yourself a part in some movie..like..who ws that...crap..that bbing chick in that movie "the cell"  ..dammit..who ws it..i forget..laura cravelle?..maybe..

1 2nd the Crank recommendation, that movie was great, made we want to try some pre-workout epinephrine for the fun of it  ;D

The BB girl is The Cell was Kim Chevesky I think, before she stopped the BB comps and went "Ms. fitness"

My boss has an S4 that's 2 years old, amazing car. If you don't mind used they're probably worth looking into, especially compared to a TT...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 08:05:33 PM »
ok what the f**k is a S4  ???

i love that movie..there is a foriegn movie out right now with a similar concept...i forget the name.

remember folks..there aint a horse alive i couldn't make friends with in a day and ride..BUT i know very little of cars..
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 04:43:38 AM »
ok what the f**k is a S4  ???

The S4 is the mid trim level (Sport) of the A4 sedan. There is the base A4 with FWD and a 4 cylinder, then the V6 A4 with Qauttro (AWD), then the S4, then the RS4 (the top of the line). I'll post pics later on, if you want them.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »
The S4 is the mid trim level (Sport) of the A4 sedan. There is the base A4 with FWD and a 4 cylinder, then the V6 A4 with Qauttro (AWD), then the S4, then the RS4 (the top of the line). I'll post pics later on, if you want them.

you know wayy 2 much about cars...

i honestly dont get the fascination..  ???
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »

I like 'em. My dad was into cars, you know the, "I had a 1957 Olds with 3 dueces( carbeurators)"

Back in 1983 I helped my aunt pic out a car ( I was 6 yrs old)

Now its kinda lika brotherhood, cars are to me like a Junebug is to those who like to drink, or coke to those who like to party. I'm not into that Fast and Furious shit, I like the aesthetics of car design, and engine
technology.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
you HAD to mention coke didn't ya..lol..

I'm not into that Fast and Furious shit, I like the aesthetics of car design, and engine
technology.

good..i dislike those type of folks..

do you go to the big bike festival in OC?  i remember it ws a pain in the ass for me when i used to live and work there..
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 01:31:51 PM »
you HAD to mention coke didn't ya..lol..

good..i dislike those type of folks..

do you go to the big bike festival in OC?  i remember it ws a pain in the ass for me when i used to live and work there..

Nope, since I got folks on the Eastern shore, I can't stand going to OC. Going there is boring to me. My dad used to take us to Chincoteague (sp) Island for summer vacation every year.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 01:35:34 PM »
Nope, since I got folks on the Eastern shore, I can't stand going to OC.

ahh man..as long as ya stay above 60th street (route 90) its all gravy ...

plus fagers island is soo much fun to go 2..
carpe` vaginum!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 06:55:56 AM »
Most of the time you talk about how rich you are, next you don't wanna spend money on a car? What gives?

Just take a look at MTV cribs and buy a few of them cars the celebrities ride. Maybe one car for each day of the week. You're rich remember.

Good luck.
Z

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 07:08:35 AM »
Most of the time you talk about how rich you are,

i'm getting a friggin TT...

and i happen to end up mentioning that cause people like bezerkfury and nord follow me around telling me i dont work...i work less than part time....for that exact reason...what am i supposes to do..sit there n take it?..fuck no..

as for MTV cribs..if i ever go even slightly bling..shoot me..
carpe` vaginum!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 07:50:03 AM »
thanx for the info man!

i've always been a ...the guy with the crappy car..civics.lol..and i always used the extra cash to party and constantly eat out ...i remember i'd pick a different spot to dine in and go out to try out their steaks..pretty much every night...sometimes by myself..

i'm not partying anymore and seriously back in training..soo i'm saving quite a bit of $...so why not!  :)

Sheeeeit i do that still. I dont have a whole lot of money because i cant work full time because of school. And i got major bills. But i still go out and eat steak 2 times per week.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »
. But i still go out and eat steak 2 times per week.

good on ya mate! ...i'd take a good book..or a muscle mag.. and sit there drinking my wine and slowly eating my food ..without having to entertain..its soothing..
carpe` vaginum!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »
good on ya mate! ...i'd take a good book..or a muscle mag.. and sit there drinking my wine and slowly eating my food ..without having to entertain..its soothing..
I like the look on all the single ladies faces, waitress, hostess. they wonder what my deal is and why im eating alone. They usually want to know if im single or had a fight with my girlfriend  or something like that.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »
I like the look on all the single ladies faces, waitress, hostess. they wonder what my deal is and why im eating alone. They usually want to know if im single or had a fight with my girlfriend  or something like that.

i dont get those looks  :(

i'm usually up in the clouds...
carpe` vaginum!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »
you get them but you just dont notice them

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 03:31:00 AM »
like someone already said, Germans are BORN to make engines and mechanical stuff.

one of the best features of any Audi its exactly the engine...you cant go wrong with that  (and you can see BMW and Mercedez for other references  ;D )

Somewhat true, but German cars suck in the electrical department.

Personally, I would never go Audi. Good interiors, quality, but piss poor reliability. Plus it's a damn Volkswagen ;D Go BMW if you are looking for the "overall package."

Second of all before you even decide on a vehicle, ask yourself what are you looking for; reliability, gas mileage, looks, handling, sports, luxury, etc... then decide.

My take is this, reliability will always be japanese, engineering-german, and fast, cheap and lots of torque american.

German cars are a bit overrated in my opinion atleast the lower lines are excluding M, AMG, and S or RS. That whole marketing slogan "german engineering," ::) gets people all the time. Like Lee said you could go for a better equipped car for far less. Plus, remember the maintainance on a german cars is bitch unless you are willing to spend boatloads of cash or if the car is under warranty.

BMW M> Mercedes AMG> Audi S/RS

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 03:46:25 AM »

I've driven the RS4, my friend got one when it first came out and I got to admit it's pretty sweet. The high reving V8 is music to your ears. You don't need music with the exhaust note of the RS. To my surpise the cars' power band and torque delivery was perfectly matched. It felt fast in any gears. Handled great as well for heavy car. Aside from all the performance the interior is one of the best I've seen in the industry. Quality was top notch as usual and the silk napa leather was comfortable. The only compliant was that the US didn't use the same flat-style Euro steering wheel probably because of emissions, but who knows. US owners always gets shafted anyways.

All in all it was a great car, but personally I am a BMW M3 owner so I'm a bit baised. I'll have to wait and see how the RS4 compares to the new E92 M3 :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 03:54:39 AM »

Somewhat true, but German cars suck in the electrical department.

Personally, I would never go Audi. Good interiors, quality, but piss poor reliability. Plus it's a damn Volkswagen ;D

You see that is where it gets sticky, When Audi was part of Auto Union, which comprised of 4 car companies (Wanderer, DKW, Audi, and Horch), Audi was the car company that made upmarket FWD cars. And that was back in the 30's-40's. When Auto Union wa broken up all that was left was Audi

When Volkswagen pick up Audi it had Audi share some of platforms, to save money, like a like of car companies do. Which is one of the reasons Audis are either front wheel drive or AWD (Qauttro)

In many instances they don't share platforms. For instance, Volkswagen does have a car based on the Audi A4, nor does it have a RS model. There are no v8 models, save for the dismally selling Phateon, which is a VW vesrion of the Audi A8, of whci VW has never shared a platform with

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2007, 04:01:08 AM »
All in all it was a great car, but personally I am a BMW M3 owner so I'm a bit baised. I'll have to wait and see how the RS4 compares to the new E92 M3 :)

Definitely waiting on the E92 M3. For two reasons. One, to see how it will stack up against the RS4 and the Lexus IS-F (I have a IS300). And Two, so I can see how much the prices will drop on the E46 M3. I would like to get a 2003 E46 M3 in Laguna Seca Blue (the last year they had that color) or Phoenix Yellow.

What do you think of the IS-F, and do think that hte new M3 will beat the RS4's 0-60 time of 4.2 secs? It's gonna be hard to do, considering the fact that the Audi is AWD, and the M3 is RWD.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »
trying to follow that gave me a headache  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
trying to follow that gave me a headache  >:(

Its like the techy speak that you computer guys talk in. E92 is the "internal" or platform name that the factory gives. Each genreation of car has it's own platform name. So the year 2000-2004 BMW three series chasis number is E46, hence the E46 M3. The 1992-1999 BMW 3series is called the E36 platform. Get it?

Now, the M3 is the high performance version of  the BMW 3 series.

The IS-F is the brand new high performance version of the Lexus IS350 series. This car is "suppose" to be Lexus answer to Audi's RS4 sedan and to the upcoming Bmw's E92 M3.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
Definitely waiting on the E92 M3. For two reasons. One, to see how it will stack up against the RS4 and the Lexus IS-F (I have a IS300). And Two, so I can see how much the prices will drop on the E46 M3. I would like to get a 2003 E46 M3 in Laguna Seca Blue (the last year they had that color) or Phoenix Yellow.

What do you think of the IS-F, and do think that hte new M3 will beat the RS4's 0-60 time of 4.2 secs? It's gonna be hard to do, considering the fact that the Audi is AWD, and the M3 is RWD.

E46 M3 is one of the best designs ever to come from BMW. Their new designs in my opinion are meh! That's why I am keeping mine and see whatever options are open in the future. The prices on the used market isn't too bad at the time, some are going for low to mid 30's for 2002 and 03 models. The Laguna Seca and Phoenix yellow are definite head turners, just too bad they stopped making it in 04.

Regarding how the new E92 M3 stacks up, we'll have to wait and see. It's no longer 2000 or 2001 anymore, many car manufacturers are upping up thier game to keep BMW to push the envelope some more. I think the RS4 is great, but if history repeats it self the M3 should beat it overall. The problem with the RS4 is that it is pretty heavy and the AWD contributes a lot for that. Let's not forget about the IS-F, C63 AMG. They want a piece of the cake as well.

I think the IS-F is a good direction for Lexus to move into. Since Toyota  is becoming the largest auto maker in the world they can definitely churn out performance with the amount of money they have and they should. I've driven the IS250 with the 6-speed and it was a fun car. For the price, the quality, reliability and comfort is hard to beat. I understand people are going to try to compare it to BMW, but I think it's more of a mercedes kind of car. Big power, auto, luxury cruiser! The new 5.0 V8 with over 400 hp shouldn't be taken lightly. Hell, the IS350 was rated 0-60 in 4.9 seconds :o The IS-F is going to be friggin fast. I bet it will be the least expensive out of all the others.

By the way, the IS300 is a nice car, I've always liked them. Just wish it came with the same motor as they do in Japan if you know what I mean ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »

E46 M3 is one of the best designs ever to come from BMW. Their new designs in my opinion are meh! That's why I am keeping mine and see whatever options are open in the future. The prices on the used market isn't too bad at the time, some are going for low to mid 30's for 2002 and 03 models. The Laguna Seca and Phoenix yellow are definite head turners, just too bad they stopped making it in 04.

Regarding how the new E92 M3 stacks up, we'll have to wait and see. It's no longer 2000 or 2001 anymore, many car manufacturers are upping up thier game to keep BMW to push the envelope some more. I think the RS4 is great, but if history repeats it self the M3 should beat it overall. The problem with the RS4 is that it is pretty heavy and the AWD contributes a lot for that. Let's not forget about the IS-F, C63 AMG. They want a piece of the cake as well.

I think the IS-F is a good direction for Lexus to move into. Since Toyota  is becoming the largest auto maker in the world they can definitely churn out performance with the amount of money they have and they should. I've driven the IS250 with the 6-speed and it was a fun car. For the price, the quality, reliability and comfort is hard to beat. I understand people are going to try to compare it to BMW, but I think it's more of a mercedes kind of car. Big power, auto, luxury cruiser! The new 5.0 V8 with over 400 hp shouldn't be taken lightly. Hell, the IS350 was rated 0-60 in 4.9 seconds :o The IS-F is going to be friggin fast. I bet it will be the least expensive out of all the others.

By the way, the IS300 is a nice car, I've always liked them. Just wish it came with the same motor as they do in Japan if you know what I mean ;)

I agree with you, although I am disappointed that the IS-F Concept had a 8 speed auto, it seemed like i was aiming towards Mercedes C63 AMG, because as you know the  AMG's are stright line rockets, and are not known for their handling prowess as the M cars are. Hopefully The real IS-F will come in a stick and a coupe. I think when BMW unveils its 2008 M3 at the geneva Autoshow, Lexus willhave a IS-F coupe with a stick to upstage the M3. And lets not forget, the Lexus has a 5 liter, 400 + engine, They didn't give specific HP output intentionally, until the new M3 is out. This Lexus will have more torque than the 4+ liter M3 engine. 

I will enjoy it when all 4 cars in this segment (Audi Rs4 and RS5-coupe, Lexus IS-F sedan and coupe, M3 sedan and coupe, and AMG coupe)  will be tested together.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 04:52:14 PM »

I bet the car guys are saying the same about bodybuilding fans with the fascination about juiced up guys posing in bikinis ;D