Author Topic: Long Term users some q's on adiciton and use  (Read 1324 times)

wampyri

Long Term users some q's on adiciton and use
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »
Do you guys think that once you have done steroids that there is no goin back to natural is there anyone who has used then gone back to being natural what were the reasons?

I've only done one proper full cycle and I have spent the last 12 weeks just dying to start my next Ive litterally had to force myself to do the time on time off rule and its been hard.  Doe's everyone feel like this does it get worse ? I guess what I'm asking is could you stop the roids or are you addicted to them in a way not like "wow i need a fix of roids" but just really lookin forward to taking them etc.  What sort of lenghs of time have people used and not become unhealthy theres a guy in my gym who has used for over 30 years O.o he looks awesome.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Long Term users some q's on adiciton and use
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
Id say you get addited to AAS just like CRACK! I´ve done 2 cycles so far and the last one was allmost 2 years ago and i´ve been shaking ever since!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »
its not a addiction of the AAS its the addiction of what you could and will look like.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:22 PM »
No adiction for me whatsoever.....I've been countinuously using AAS for years, then discountinue for 2-3 years then start again....never had any problems with that

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
It's OK to enjoy your AAS, use it to your advantage. But when it gets to the point where it controls you, it's time to reevaluate things.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »
It's OK to enjoy your AAS, use it to your advantage. But when it gets to the point where it controls you, it's time to reevaluate things.

Agreed.

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »
I believe AAS are psychologically addicting. It always reinforces that opinion when I see past champions of BB'ing who just "used the drugs to compete" looking more or less the same after they've been retired for 5 years. Used them just to compete, eh?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 04:35:24 AM »
I would agree most of the addiction is in the mind.  This reminds me of an interesting thread that our old buddy Marble researched quite a bit.  It was about how AAS affect your brain's neurotransmitters and how this could be an avenue for addiction.

If I can remember the conclusion was AAS does exert some influence on the release of dopamine.  Also another point Marble made was that AAS may magnify the affect of certain other recreational drugs.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 06:49:44 PM »
I believe AAS are psychologically addicting. It always reinforces that opinion when I see past champions of BB'ing who just "used the drugs to compete" looking more or less the same after they've been retired for 5 years. Used them just to compete, eh?
Waite a minute, you mean to tell me BB's use drugs? What has this world come to ;)

sempron20

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »

....Agreed

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »
Do you guys think that once you have done steroids that there is no goin back to natural is there anyone who has used then gone back to being natural what were the reasons?

What sort of lenghs of time have people used and not become unhealthy.

AAS themselves are not addictive, although I agree that once you train with them it is very hard to go back to natural training--you just simply can NOT achieve that level of muscularity naturally.  This also assumes that you were training to the max before you started.

I started using AAS at around age 24 or so, and did about 2 cycles per year for about 4 years.  I then went about 12 years or so training naturally, before recently starting again about 2 years ago.  So, yes, you can stay off of them for a long time. 

In my case, my personality had (I believed, anyway) always been defined by my huge size.  The "gentle giant."  Although I never stopped lifting, one day when I looked in the mirror I just couldn't stand to see myself standing there as I was.  Brain of a 20-year old, body of a 40-year old. This is just not ME.

A phrase from one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs came to mind, from "Comfortably Numb":

"...Now I've got that feeling once again,
I can't explain,
you would not understand,
this is not how I am
..." 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 04:47:56 AM »
See the Freak getting all deep on us  :)

Thats good, cause addiction has long, dark, tangled roots.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 05:07:34 AM »
See the Freak getting all deep on us  :)

Thats good, cause addiction has long, dark, tangled roots.

Haha ;D