Author Topic: Why is this man God to many?? Pele!!!  (Read 2482 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Re: Why is this man God to many?? Pele!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6816709859179565092&q=pele    8)

LMAO. I always thought he was a bit overrated, but i gotto admit, it's impressive. Pity he didnt came to Europe

Another classic:
Diego Maradonna. Short, fat and consumed half of columbia's finest export product in his heyday, but man, what a player.
$

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »

ok watch this THE GUY IS UNSTOPPABLE!

BETTER THAN THE FIRST 1 I POSTED..

OLEY OYEYY OLEY!!!

NOW THIS is FOOTBALL! ;)

carpe` vaginum!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 08:07:47 AM »

Pelé was elevated to god status in the U.S. in large part due to the intense marketing campaign that was created in the hopes of getting the North American Soccer League to become a major sports league.  He was already revered globally, however, because of his goal-scoring prowess.  He averaged almost a goal per game for his entire career. 

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:30:19 AM »
Maradonna was the best ever

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 03:48:56 PM »
Pele was a generation ahead of his time, he was possibly the most gifted footballer weve ever seen in respect to the era he played in. I mean, 1280 goals in 1360 games is something even Henry and Van Nistelrooy will never come even close to.

Best, Law, Jinky, Maradonna, Weah, Gascoigne, Romario, Stoichkov, Cruyff, Hagi, Eusebio, Socrates: these guys were all legends of their respective eras and each a little more developed than those that came before them. They advanced with the times, but Pele was probably the furthest ahead of his time than any
Scouser on Tour

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 04:31:25 PM »
pele, god status in the US?

most americans dont know anything about him other than he played soccer.  probably down a bout 400 or so on the list of revered sports stars in the US
Valhalla awaits.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
Pele was a generation ahead of his time, he was possibly the most gifted footballer weve ever seen in respect to the era he played in. I mean, 1280 goals in 1360 games is something even Henry and Van Nistelrooy will never come even close to.

Best, Law, Jinky, Maradonna, Weah, Gascoigne, Romario, Stoichkov, Cruyff, Hagi, Eusebio, Socrates: these guys were all legends of their respective eras and each a little more developed than those that came before them. They advanced with the times, but Pele was probably the furthest ahead of his time than any

eeehhhh some of those goals were how shall we say suspicious???

A legend but Maradona was the best imo

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 10:52:44 AM »

That's the whole thing tho... during HIS generation he was awesome. Today, the game has improved considerably. Even the lower division teams are at a pretty decent level. No one will ever match his goal scoring performances, not that they're incapable of playing to that level, but because everyone has upped their game considerably.

And yeah, technically I think Maradonna the fat coke head hand balling cunt is the best ever.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »
That's the whole thing tho... during HIS generation he was awesome. Today, the game has improved considerably.

yet people still say Arnold is the best BBer ever even though physiques have come on so much he would get laughed off a local show compared to alot of guys today
Scouser on Tour

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 12:04:40 PM »
yet people still say Arnold is the best BBer ever even though physiques have come on so much he would get laughed off a local show compared to alot of guys today

Wait, I'm not saying Pele wasn't atleast the 2nd greatest footballer ever.

He's atleast 2nd greatest player because of what he brought to the game. He revolutionised it.

Kinda like Arnold did, and don't tell me there's anyone that comes close to Anolds charisma etc... there's more to being a legend than just ability.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »
Maradona's global fame in the 80s rivaled and arguably exceeded Ali's in the 70s. (And he was an emotional player - as opposed to the rather clinical excellence of a Michael Jordan.)

None of us can even begin to imagine the heights he fell from.