Author Topic: Does Anyone Understand 240??  (Read 3283 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Does Anyone Understand 240??
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »
He doesn’t seem to think so!  And here’s just a few examples:

No, it's not strange.  it happens with every war.  haliburton has been busted for fraud in this iraqi war.

Weird that you seem to be overcompensating with neocon hate.  Most far right people here are civil and think things through.  Seems like you just blindly defend what you don't understand here.

I tried.  Beach Bum is refusing to answer questions, and seriously, I've ignored his insults long enough. 

Plus, seeing as he has singlehandedly redefined his real-life on getbig just to dispel the 9/11 argument, I think he's either a really stupid person, or something is wrong with him.  Either way, he's back on the no-talk list.  He's just a waste of time.

He was confronted with the accusation he didn't understand the history of self-attacks or the statistics behind the anomalies of the 2004 Ohio and Florida election fiascos.

He was confronted with the accusation he didn't understand the history of self-attacks or the statistics behind the anomalies of the 2004 Ohio and Florida election fiascos.

I have a hard time believing that a college professor (which he claims to be) wouldn't understand an MBA.  Of course, the next week, he suddenly has a whole class full of them, and they all mock 911. 

Yep.

I don't think you seriously understand the severity of the words you say, it just "feels right". 

WOuld you tell Kerry to his face you believe he is a traitor and should be executed?

Way to dispute zero percent of anything I said and resorting to personal insults in the face of your inability to understand infrastructure contracts with nations possessing no revenue but mucho resources.

Or,

::)

You're wrong, rooster, because you don't understand our purpose there.  The 21,500 number and 92k over 5 years figures - these further support my claim.  This is a maintenace war.  We want to MAINTAIN a presence.  our troops are only growing as fast as the insurgents are.  Do you not find this weird?

If you disagree, go ahead and explain putting in just enough troops to match insurgent growth, with the existing ratio has proven wrong for 3 years.

Rob, how about you try and let us ‘understand’ you, rather than just telling us we don’t!
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Does Anyone Understand 240??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »
i like to debate.

to research me like this is weird and uncool.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »
i like to debate.

to research me like this is weird and uncool.

Is it? Or do I just not understand you?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:51:25 PM »
Is it? Or do I just not understand you?

You know there are other Getbig members that would say you're obsessed or stalking 240 for researching all his posts like that. Of course I wouldn't say that but others would.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:54:08 PM »
You know there are other Getbig members that would say you're obsessed or stalking 240 for researching all his posts like that. Of course I wouldn't say that but others would.

Yeah and if i was a bone headed neo con i'd call you a facist liberal, but i'm not and niether are you.   ;D

It is a little wierd though.  But not that wierd.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
Yeah and if i was a bone headed neo con i'd call you a facist liberal, but i'm not and niether are you.   ;D

It is a little wierd though.  But not that wierd.

I agree, and to be honest I was trying to be amusing. It does seem like he had to go and find quite a few of 240's posts, although considering how much 240 posts that probably wasn't too difficult.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »

I'm sure there would be, but let's keep in mind how long it took me to point out this glaring weakness in his ability to argue:

Step One: Search '240' and 'understand'

Step Two: Quote Away

5 minutes later, ouila!
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »
I'm sure there would be, but let's keep in mind how long it took me to point out this glaring weakness in his ability to argue:

Step One: Search '240' and 'understand'

Step Two: Quote Away

5 minutes later, ouila!

wow!

I'm impressed.  (even though you are a conservative j/k)   :) 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »
wow!

I'm impressed.  (even though you are a conservative j/k)   :) 

We’re renowned for our ability to, how do I say?  Yahoo?
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 03:32:24 PM »
In 240's defence:

He's a very passionate debater.  He'll go full force at you to win a debate. 

some say he was a Masterdebater in the last weeks before and after his baby was born. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 03:37:23 PM »
In 240's defence:

He's a very passionate debater.  He'll go full force at you to win a debate. 

some say he was a Masterdebater in the last weeks before and after his baby was born. 

Yes, I admire his passion for the causes he believes in, and respect his right to debate accordingly.  However, I do have a problem with him telling people they don't 'understand' simply because they disagree with him.  He should consider using logic and facts to reason with people - not dismiss them because they have different views.  I'll think you'll find this is more rhetoric than healthy debate.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
Yes, I admire his passion for the causes he believes in, and respect his right to debate accordingly.  However, I do have a problem with him telling people they don't 'understand' simply because they disagree with him.  He should consider using logic and facts to reason with people - not dismiss them because they have different views.  I'll think you'll find this is more rhetoric than healthy debate.

You know who was really good at that?  Johnny Apollo.  He might have been before your time however.  We all ran him off the Getbig boards, he was a real ass most of the time, but a real good debater.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »

I try to have data to back up everything I say.

I get frustrated when people will debate a topic without facts, then when presented with facts, will just disappear.  Or they'll throw a red herring.  or they'll ask ten new questions without addressing the original.

Bruce, you have been fun to debate, but tonight you seem to be all over my shit.  Why are you being a dick?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »
I try to have data to back up everything I say.

I get frustrated when people will debate a topic without facts, then when presented with facts, will just disappear.  Or they'll throw a red herring.  or they'll ask ten new questions without addressing the original.

Bruce, you have been fun to debate, but tonight you seem to be all over my shit.  Why are you being a dick?

I'm all over everyone that disagrees with me on here, Rob.  You just so happen to disagree with me more than most.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
I'm all over everyone that disagrees with me on here, Rob.  You just so happen to disagree with me more than most.

well, when you start threads about the character, thoughts and actions of your opponent - instead of talking issues - you turn it from a political discussion thread into the Y board where people try to own/embarass each other.

This doesn't contribute to good conversation or learning or debate.

it makes people dislike each other and not want to discuss things.  And others will see it, and not want to discuss things for fear that someone here will drudge thru their posts in hopes of embarassing them.

I thought the political board was better than this.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »
well, when you start threads about the character, thoughts and actions of your opponent - instead of talking issues - you turn it from a political discussion thread into the Y board where people try to own/embarass each other.

it makes people dislike each other and not want to discuss things.  And others will see it, and not want to discuss things for fear that someone here will drudge thru their posts in hopes of embarassing them.

The irony of this is amazing - it is you that abuses me on here, Rob.  I have simply used fact (yes, fact) to point out you have an errant debating style.  Is anything I've said untrue?  Am I flaming you?
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
Can i issue the warning BRUCE?  can i say it before it gets out of hand?

What happens to candles on a hot summer day next to a furnace?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »
Am I flaming you?

Yes.  Have a nice day.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »
Yes.  Have a nice day.

Oh, the drama, you poor delicate flower.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »
Can i issue the warning BRUCE?  can i say it before it gets out of hand?

What happens to candles on a hot summer day next to a furnace?

;D Okay that made me smile.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »

Puh-leaze.  Dude, Bruce is right.  Get over it already.  All he did was quote YOU.  He didn't call you any names.  No invective.  Just compiled various fairly condescending quotes from you. 

If you now believe there should be discussion/debate without all the ad hominem stuff, then I completely agree and I think that's great progress. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 04:11:32 PM »
Puh-leaze.  Dude, Bruce is right.  Get over it already.  All he did was quote YOU.  He didn't call you any names.  No invective.  Just compiled various fairly condescending quotes from you. 

If you now believe there should be discussion/debate without all the ad hominem stuff, then I completely agree and I think that's great progress. 

Precisely, BB.  Rob knows I haven't used any mistruths here or even taken any of his quotes out of context.  All his posts are there for people to see and read and draw their own conclusions.  If we can show Rob that this style of dismissing challenges from other members on this board is an unacceptable method of debate then we have achieved something positive.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 04:17:10 PM »
Precisely, BB.  Rob knows I haven't used any mistruths here or even taken any of his quotes out of context.  All his posts are there for people to see and read and draw their own conclusions.  If we can show Rob that this style of dismissing challenges from other members on this board is an unacceptable method of debate then we have ac1hieved something positive.

yep.  what you've achieved is, you've taken the political board from a place where we debate issues, to a place where we attack each otehr trying to embarass each other.

"challenges"?  this board is political topics, not "challenge each other!".  I am here to learn and if I'm going to have to spend 3 hours debating with strangers over months of collected quotes, well, it's weird and I don't want to waste time on it.  You and BB have fun with it.  Thanks for making the place suck. :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 04:18:50 PM »
yep.  what you've achieved is, you've taken the political board from a place where we debate issues, to a place where we attack each otehr trying to embarass each other.

"challenges"?  this board is political topics, not "challenge each other!".  I am here to learn and if I'm going to have to spend 3 hours debating with strangers over months of collected quotes, well, it's weird and I don't want to waste time on it.  You and BB have fun with it.  Thanks for making the place suck. :)

Do we throw the flowers at you yet, or wait for curtain close?  That was some theatrical performance!  Try and deal with what you have said, Rob.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 04:19:23 PM »
I understand him, I think.

In all honestly 240's a great guy who's passionate about his country and hates what's happening globally. It's not like he's going around doing something that's not at all meaningful. Whether you want to admit it or not, a lot of Americans are unhappy with Bush because of the bullshit he's pulled. And you just can't say it's just a dem v republican thing anymore because even a lot conservatives are unhappy with Bush. 240's just another part of this crowd along with many others who have legitimate arguements against issues such as the Iraq war and global warming.