Author Topic: Snack O'Neal  (Read 70477 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Snack O'Neal
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2007, 02:32:19 AM »
Yep.  Total dead weight.  I can't believe they are paying him $20 mil for this kind of production. 
Just remember, when  they first signed him and when they won the championship  he generated so much money for for the heat! in Merchandise sales, TV money (thats huge), sponsors, Season tickets, corporate boxes ETC ..So talent wise his pretty shit but in generating revenue shaq was number one..(after Jordan)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2007, 02:44:06 AM »
Shaq speaks out
Several weeks ago, teammate Dwyane Wade called O'Neal out for not being motivated enough to turn his game around and shake Miami out of a lousy 1-8 start.

But, O'Neal said Thursday, his game is fine and the Heat would be better if they looked for him more often.

"If I'm taking 20 shots a game, and I'm only making two, then you can say my production is going down," O'Neal said, "but I'm still shooting 60 or 65 percent from the field. So they've got to find better ways to get me the ball. It should be simple."

Through Thursday, O'Neal is shooting 59 percent from the floor while averaging 15 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.

When asked if he let his teammates or Riley know how he felt, the Miami Herald said O'Neal replied, "I shouldn't have to [expletive] communicate that."

At the time Wade used the media to roust Shaq, O'Neal said he was fine with the tactic.

"We have that kind of relationship where we could talk to each other like that," O'Neal said then. "He was right. We're fine."

After Thursday's loss, O'Neal had suggestions for whomever is with him on the floor.

"Guys should drive, they should cut. I'm a great passer from the post," he said, according to the Herald. "Other guys have to take it personally if they're fronting me and backing me. You have to say, 'OK, they're disrespecting me, so I'm going to get 40 on you tonight.' "

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2007, 02:48:41 AM »
 Charley Rosen
Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 3 days ago
What Shaq can still do

Shoot his awkward turnaround jumper from the left box. He was 2-of-2 on this maneuver.

Swing a short, right-handed banker after turning baseline from the right box. He was also 2-of-2 on this maneuver. It should be noted, however, that Shaq received the ball on the right box only twice, and when he turned baseline he also turned away from the oncoming double-teams that he couldn't dodge on the left box. Why, then, did he have only those two catches here? And why did he get only seven shots? Only Pat Riley knows the answers to both of these puzzlers.

Show on the nether side of high screen/rolls.

Make simple out passes when he was doubled. He also made two passes to cutters, one being perfect, the other being too low to be smoothly handled.

Run passably well in straight lines. He trailed a fastbreak and wound up with a dunk. And he also beat Kendrick Perkins downcourt twice.

Play excellent defense when he is sufficiently challenged. When Boston went small in the fourth quarter, Shaq had to guard Kevin Garnett — and did an outstanding job! On one play, Garnett wanted to settle into the pivot, but Shaq pushed him far out on the wing — then crowded KG when he finally did receive a pass. With no room to maneuver, Garnett was forced to make a harmless pass to the top of the key. This was Shaq's best play of the game.

What Shaq can no longer do

Explode toward the basket after corralling an entry pass.

Where he once was the best pass-catcher in the league, his hands aren't nearly as sure as they used to be. He fumbled four balls that he should have caught.

Get off his feet with any degree of quickness. Indeed, on four occasions, smaller, more quick-footed opponents beat him to rebounds.

Attack the offensive boards. Only two of his 11 total rebounds were retrieves of his teammates' misses — and time after time, Shaq allowed himself to be immobilized when he was boxed out by smaller, lighter players. (Three of his rebounds literally fell into his hands, and only four were grabbed in the middle of a hostile crowd.)

Move laterally on defense in a timely fashion. Several times he was late in helping on the ball. During a third-quarter sequence he was caught in no-man's land — neither helping nor attending to his own man — and Perkins wound up with an easy put-back.

Avoid tripping over the foul line. Which appeared to be the case late in the game as he backpedaled from the high post and attempted to set up in the pivot.

It's obvious that Shaq can only approximate his former glory on special occasions. When he's matched up against Yao Ming, or Dwight Howard. Or when he's forced to cover KG.
Unfortunately, that's not enough for the Heat to play top-notch basketball on a consistent basis. Even more unfortunate is the sad news that the Big Diesel has become the Big Used-to-Be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »
Just remember, when  they first signed him and when they won the championship  he generated so much money for for the heat! in Merchandise sales, TV money (thats huge), sponsors, Season tickets, corporate boxes ETC ..So talent wise his pretty shit but in generating revenue shaq was number one..(after Jordan)

Good point.  I forgot about that.  So he has made them a lot of money too.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2007, 01:12:08 PM »
Alonzo is a blocking beast

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
remember this shaq attack
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2007, 11:57:09 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: remember this shaq attack
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »
&NR=1

I remember that.  Bringing down the rim.  Back when he was a beast.  Now he is pedestrian, like tonight against the Clippers:

8 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 3 fouls, 0-4 from the line

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
Re: remember this shaq attack
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »
I remember that.  Bringing down the rim.  Back when he was a beast.  Now he is pedestrian, like tonight against the Clippers:

8 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 3 fouls, 0-4 from the line
should we totally write him off?? im giving him the whole year to come u with the goods

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »
Last night's Snack stat line against Washington:

7 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers, 3 fouls

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2007, 01:21:17 AM »
Last night's Snack stat line against Washington:

7 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers, 3 fouls
horrible, and that was at home

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
Today in a loss to the Pacers:

12 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 6 fouls.  More fouls than rebounds.  Again.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2007, 11:34:25 PM »
Today in a loss to the Pacers:

12 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 6 fouls.  More fouls than rebounds.  Again.
Again, that was at home, 12 points, what a disgrace, Will Riley ever go with mourning to start over Snack?? he should Zo got 4 blocks today.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2007, 03:27:46 AM »
 "I'm going to say about 89.6 percent."

Heat center Shaquille O'Neal, asked how close Dwyane Wade -- one month into his comeback from knee and shoulder surgeries -- is to playing at his peak level.

But that was Shaq's assessment after Wade's run of three successive 30-point games … and before Wade managed only 17 points (compared with eight turnovers) in a nationally televised loss to the Wizards on Thursday night.

After what Miami believed to be a breakthrough night in Phoenix earlier this week, O'Neal also said: "This game don't mean s--- if we go home and lose to Washington."

They did lose

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2007, 10:21:11 AM »
Again, that was at home, 12 points, what a disgrace, Will Riley ever go with mourning to start over Snack?? he should Zo got 4 blocks today.

It really is disgraceful.  Can you really have a guy making $20 million on the bench?  How does he sleep at night playing this poorly while making this kind of money? 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2007, 11:00:03 AM »
It really is disgraceful.  Can you really have a guy making $20 million on the bench?  How does he sleep at night playing this poorly while making this kind of money? 
he must feel uncomfortable coming to training every day and realising the whole team knows his a fucking useless overpaid centre, Get alonzo in ASAP

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2007, 07:47:36 PM »
he must feel uncomfortable coming to training every day and realising the whole team knows his a fucking useless overpaid centre, Get alonzo in ASAP

Zo went down with an injury today.  Trouble in Miami. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2007, 02:50:40 AM »
Zo went down with an injury today.  Trouble in Miami. 
yeah i heard that, i say its over for sure now, zo was there when snack has foul trouble

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
Shaq has fouled out in 4 straight games! the fat fuck cannot even play defense, it should of been him that got hurt and not Zo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
Shaq has fouled out in 4 straight games! the fat fuck cannot even play defense, it should of been him that got hurt and not Zo

Doh!  No way.   :o  How did I miss that?   :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
In his last game against the Nets:

12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover, 6 fouls

Miami is headed for the lottery. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2007, 11:58:36 AM »
In his last game against the Nets:

12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover, 6 fouls

Miami is headed for the lottery. 
hopefully they do and we get the 1st pick!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »
He fouled out again.   ::)  Wade hits a jumper at the buzzer to win the game. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »
He's gettin sloppy, do you think he's got other things on his mind, or is just not motivated?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
They are going to miss alonzo
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »
He fouled out again.   ::)  Wade hits a jumper at the buzzer to win the game. 
I can give him a pass on this since they won..

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
He's gettin sloppy, do you think he's got other things on his mind, or is just not motivated?
he never gets motivated till the playoffs, it gets worse every year cause of his age/weight and wear and tear on his body, his got 4 rings and a few 100M so im not sure what motivation he has!