Author Topic: Snack O'Neal  (Read 70470 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Snack O'Neal
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2007, 10:04:56 PM »
I watched most of the Heat v. Cavs.  Shaq looks awful.  He can barely run up and down the floor.  The only reason he didn't foul out this game was Riley left him on the bench with 5 fouls for about the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game.  He is nothing more than a serviceable center, incapable of playing an entire game. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »
I watched most of the Heat v. Cavs.  Shaq looks awful.  He can barely run up and down the floor.  The only reason he didn't foul out this game was Riley left him on the bench with 5 fouls for about the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game.  He is nothing more than a serviceable center, incapable of playing an entire game. 
i saw it to, disgusting sloth, wade is going to be burnt out this year, riley yanked shaq out so he wouldnt set a record for being the  player fouled out in consecutive games...time to buy this fat sloth out, he couldnt even defend a pick & roll

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
i saw it to, disgusting sloth, wade is going to be burnt out this year, riley yanked shaq out so he wouldnt set a record for being the  player fouled out in consecutive games...time to buy this fat sloth out, he couldnt even defend a pick & roll

I agree.  They can't pay the guy 20 mil a year for this. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »
Snack scored 5 points today.   :o  Had 10 rebounds, but no assists or blocks. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2007, 01:49:58 AM »
Snack scored 5 points today.   :o  Had 10 rebounds, but no assists or blocks. 
im lost for words. :-X :'(

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2007, 07:47:51 AM »
All of those consecutive off-seasons of balloning up to 350 pounds and trying to play himself back into shape have finally caught up to him. He's now finally realizing that at 35 years old, you can't afford to do that to your body. Shaq has always been lazy. Always. He always believed that because of his sheer size and strength, he afford to be lazy in the off season and not work hard on his game. His declining free throw percentage for the last 10 season straight illustrate that.

He was the most dominant center ever in his prime(next to Wilt and Russell). But he is absolutely stealing money at this point in his career. No question he will retire after this season. If he tries to play another year with another team, he'll be forced into retirement anyway because NOBODY will pay his asking price.

The sad thing is that if he lost about 50 additional pounds and didn't eat like a fat slob, he could still be a solid contributor. Probably average around 15-17 points and 10 rebounds, 2 blocks while playing 25 minutes a game.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
All of those consecutive off-seasons of balloning up to 350 pounds and trying to play himself back into shape have finally caught up to him. He's now finally realizing that at 35 years old, you can't afford to do that to your body. Shaq has always been lazy. Always. He always believed that because of his sheer size and strength, he afford to be lazy in the off season and not work hard on his game. His declining free throw percentage for the last 10 season straight illustrate that.

He was the most dominant center ever in his prime(next to Wilt and Russell). But he is absolutely stealing money at this point in his career. No question he will retire after this season. If he tries to play another year with another team, he'll be forced into retirement anyway because NOBODY will pay his asking price.

The sad thing is that if he lost about 50 additional pounds and didn't eat like a fat slob, he could still be a solid contributor. Probably average around 15-17 points and 10 rebounds, 2 blocks while playing 25 minutes a game.
shaq's a fat maggot, I'm really disappointed with him, he lets the team down, sure he makes $20M but how does he sleep at night knowing that every heat fan, nba analyst, heat management know his a fat lazy bitch, if he was averaging 16 pts 10rbs 2blks i wouldnt complain, But you can get them numbers from a guy that makes 5M a year...Go away shaq, retire now, may as well do it now then later when it gets worse....and No playoffs either

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
Haha. Nice post. It's kind of sad to see him deteriorate like this. Most great players know when to retire without making an ass out of themselves. Reggie Miller comes to mind as of late.

But like I said, if Shaq committed himself to getting down to 290-300 pounds, he could produce in a big way. He has no agility or movement in the paint anymore. Beach Bum always points out how he has more fouls than rebounds and it's so true. He doesn't hustle and he barely tries to block shots.

Even at 35-36 years old he could still dominate in limited spurts if he had the dedication to staying in great shape.

It's pretty pathetic to see him sitting on the bench during critical stretches in the fourth quarter because of foul trouble. With that stupid scraggly chin strap beard and dopey look on his face. He's heart's just not in it anymore. He's just trying collect as much money as he can before retirement.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2008, 04:37:08 AM »
Status Alert: Heat coach Pat Riley said he had no indication of when O'Neal (hip) will return to action, the Miami Herald reports. (Dec 30)

the fat fuck has sat out the last 2 games due to a hip injury, watch how this minor injury will become major and he'll sit out the year..I know this fat fuck to well
Miami Heat 8 Wins 23 losses.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
So Shaq comes back after being out with an injury and promptly fouls out.  Heat lose by about 30 to the Bulls.  Trouble in Miami . . . .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
The Heat have lost 13 in a row.   :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »
In today's win against Golden State, Snack had 9 points, 4 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 3 turnovers and 5 fouls.  More fouls than rebounds.  Only played 14 minutes. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »
What a class act.   ::)  I like Riley's response.  Took the high road. 

Riley bothered by Shaq's criticism of Heat players, staff
Associated Press

Updated: March 26, 2008, 8:37 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Pat Riley can't understand why Shaquille O'Neal keeps talking about the Miami Heat.

Riley responded to O'Neal's criticisms Wednesday with some of his own, saying his former center was wrong to disparage some of his old teammates and trainers in a Boston Globe story.

"It's sad that he says those things. We shared so much here, together, for three years, good and bad, 3½ years," Riley said, referring specifically to the Heat's 2006 NBA title. "I just think it's sad that he's got to do that."

Riley dealt O'Neal to Phoenix before the trade deadline, allowing the 36-year-old center the chance to compete for another title instead of sticking around Miami for a last-place finish. O'Neal made it clear how much he prefers his new teammates.

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

Riley said he doesn't have "anything but good feelings for Shaq" and wasn't bothered by any criticism leveled at him. But he said O'Neal has no reason to blame anyone else in the organization for his unhappiness.

"When you're 9-40, we're all frustrated. I mean everybody's at fault, we all were. Everybody was feeling bad and nobody wants that," Riley said.

"He didn't want to be there, he didn't want to play for that kind of situation, 35 years old. He wanted to go to a contender and we sent him there. We sent him to Utopia and we're left here with the carnage and I don't know why he's not happy."

Riley also defended the work of veteran trainer Ron Culp and the team's medical staff, saying O'Neal was out of line to speak poorly of them.

"It's really a shame that he would insult those people like that because they gave him care. They cared," Riley said. "They didn't kiss his butt. They cared about him.

"He can do whatever he wants to do to me. That's OK, I don't care. But those men, they tried. ... That upsets me more than anything."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3314347

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »
O'Neal made it clear how much he prefers his new teammates.

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

Now you know i'm going to have to defend the Shaq..Riley destroyed the Team last year, he let Eddie Jones, Damon jones (the year before) , Kapono and posey go, then they brought in Ricky davis, smush parker and quinn...c'mon now only isiah thomas could of made worst decisions..I agree with Shaq even though its without class but its true! Miami is full of bums, even shawn marion has been seating out games

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2008, 07:33:21 PM »
Now you know i'm going to have to defend the Shaq..Riley destroyed the Team last year, he let Eddie Jones, Damon jones (the year before) , Kapono and posey go, then they brought in Ricky davis, smush parker and quinn...c'mon now only isiah thomas could of made worst decisions..I agree with Shaq even though its without class but its true! Miami is full of bums, even shawn marion has been seating out games

Yeah he's right, but he needs to keep those comments to himself.  Plus he quit in Miami. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2008, 03:46:07 AM »
Yeah he's right, but he needs to keep those comments to himself.  Plus he quit in Miami. 
shaq gives up everywhere, he only plays half a season, but he is rebounding!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
Shaq's starting to string together some pretty good games. He's rebounding a lot more effectively and he's hustling.

The trade to Phoenix has definitely motivated him. Come playoff time, they'll be a handful to deal with.

The win against the Spurs a couple of weeks ago was impressive. Stoudemire's a beast! :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 10:56:43 AM »

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
He's consistent on defense also. He averages almost 9.5 boards and over two blocks a game. He's a 4 player now with Shaq in the lineup so he can't risk picking up cheap fouls early.

No, he's not a dominant defensive player but why risk getting such an offensively talented player into foul trouble by playing balls-out D??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »
He's consistent on defense also. He averages almost 9.5 boards and over two blocks a game. He's a 4 player now with Shaq in the lineup so he can't risk picking up cheap fouls early.

No, he's not a dominant defensive player but why risk getting such an offensively talented player into foul trouble by playing balls-out D??

I'd say he's a pretty average defender.  Rebounds don't really give any indication of how well a player plays on D. 

The only person on that team who really plays D is Bell.  That's part of the reason I can't see them coming out of the West.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »
I'd say he's a pretty average defender.  Rebounds don't really give any indication of how well a player plays on D. 

The only person on that team who really plays D is Bell.  That's part of the reason I can't see them coming out of the West.   
after the last 2 losses, i cant see em doing much damage!....and I'm a suns fan

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:53 AM »

So true.  Amare doesn't move his feet well on d (I wonder why), depends too much on his athleticism to make plays.  Is fundamentally unsound at times, doesn't like to body up to big post players.  Yeah, I'd say he is average on d. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
Amare had 41 points and 14 rebounds last night and is now a very strong MVP candidate.

I don't think Amare is average at anything, guys.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
amare is on fire!!! his destroying teams, shaq has helped him alot, his like the kobe of power forwards, suns need defense and they will be sweet.