Author Topic: Snack O'Neal  (Read 70496 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Snack O'Neal
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »
It's all good mang.  How are you? 

I usually give guys the benefit of the doubt in stories like these, but Shaq doesn't take rejection well. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he retires.  He clearly cannot play a full season and isn't going to put the Suns over the top in the West. 
The Suns know they stuffed up when they got Shaq, I'ts like me buying a pair of Nikes for $250 and I'ts worn out, thats what Shaq is, a worn out shoe but with the same price tag as the new one.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2008, 01:15:42 AM »
The Suns know they stuffed up when they got Shaq, I'ts like me buying a pair of Nikes for $250 and I'ts worn out, thats what Shaq is, a worn out shoe but with the same price tag as the new one.

Yeah.  I don't know what film they were watching before the trade.  He was done long before that trade.  They should have kept Marion. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2008, 01:26:02 AM »
Yeah.  I don't know what film they were watching before the trade.  He was done long before that trade.  They should have kept Marion. 
I think it was a "Hail Mary" on the Suns part, Marion would not have made a difference to the Suns anyhow and his contract is up there too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »
With apologies to Quick . . . it's baaaack.   :D

Yesterday's Snack stat line against the Hornets in game 2 of the season, without Chandler (the Hornets' starting center):

22 minutes, 8 points, 8 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 1 block, and 4 fouls. 

Does he finish the season? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »
So much hate on Shaq. His skills may have eroded, but he still has a lot of value to the Suns. You can't teach size and Shaq definitely has that. His mere presence in the paint offsets a lot of opposing offensive gameplans.

He can still give you good numbers every other night. Come playoff time, he can still contribute as long he doesn't play major minutes during the regular season.

Think about..how many NBA teams have an actual center, let alone someone with his sheer size?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »
So much hate on Shaq. His skills may have eroded, but he still has a lot of value to the Suns. You can't teach size and Shaq definitely has that. His mere presence in the paint offsets a lot of opposing offensive gameplans.

He can still give you good numbers every other night. Come playoff time, he can still contribute as long he doesn't play major minutes during the regular season.

Think about..how many NBA teams have an actual center, let alone someone with his sheer size?

I think the first question should be which other center, or any other player, is making $21 million this year?  Yes Shaq can give you a good quarter or two about every other game.  It's true he is still probably the biggest guy in the league.  But he's not worth $21 million and isn't playing anywhere near up to the level of his salary.  The Suns will not win a championship with Shaq at center.  He will get hurt at some point this season and miss at least 20 games.   

Off the top of my head, there are probably only about 4 or 5 really good centers in the NBA, so even though you can put Shaq in the top 10, that really isn't saying much.  He's done. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:25 AM »
I think the first question should be which other center, or any other player, is making $21 million this year?  Yes Shaq can give you a good quarter or two about every other game.  It's true he is still probably the biggest guy in the league.  But he's not worth $21 million and isn't playing anywhere near up to the level of his salary.  The Suns will not win a championship with Shaq at center.  He will get hurt at some point this season and miss at least 20 games.   

Off the top of my head, there are probably only about 4 or 5 really good centers in the NBA, so even though you can put Shaq in the top 10, that really isn't saying much.  He's done. 

I totally agree about the overpaid part but he's still valuable in this league even in the twilight of his career.

He looks like he's in better shape and he's not playing too bad to start out the year. Had 16 pts,8 rebounds, and 1 block in 30 minutes in last night's win. Only three fouls.

He plays well with Stoudemire and I think he's extra motivated this year to prove the doubters wrong. Miami was a totally different situation and he wanted out of there fast. We'll see how he does this year with a full season in Phoenix. I think it's reasonable for him to average a double/double this year as long as he's playing 25-30 minutes a night.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »
I totally agree about the overpaid part but he's still valuable in this league even in the twilight of his career.

He looks like he's in better shape and he's not playing too bad to start out the year. Had 16 pts,8 rebounds, and 1 block in 30 minutes in last night's win. Only three fouls.

He plays well with Stoudemire and I think he's extra motivated this year to prove the doubters wrong. Miami was a totally different situation and he wanted out of there fast. We'll see how he does this year with a full season in Phoenix. I think it's reasonable for him to average a double/double this year as long as he's playing 25-30 minutes a night.

I agree he'll average a double/double this year.  He'll give them some good minutes.  But how will he do against Bynum, Oden, Duncan, Chandler, and Yao?  I'm really interested to see how he plays against all of them.   

Part of the problem is Shaq isn't a great defender and the Suns have one guy (Bell) who can play defense.  Add to that the fact his offensive game has fallen way off and you have a shell of the former most dominant player in the NBA. 

I will be shocked if he plays a full season without injury.   

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2008, 08:09:15 AM »
The Diesel's stat line for last night's win against the Nets:

24 min  18 pts. 6 rebs. 2 blks. 3 fouls and 4-5 from the free throw line.

I'm telling you he's energized and ready to help the Suns win this year. yeah, he's overpaid but he least he's giving effort. He seems very motivated this year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2008, 03:27:46 PM »
The Diesel's stat line for last night's win against the Nets:

24 min  18 pts. 6 rebs. 2 blks. 3 fouls and 4-5 from the free throw line.

I'm telling you he's energized and ready to help the Suns win this year. yeah, he's overpaid but he least he's giving effort. He seems very motivated this year.

Don't forget the 5 turnovers.  Let's see how he does tonight against the Pacers, with Nesterovic out of the lineup.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »
It was Amare's night tonight. 49 points and 11 rebounds. Damn!

Shaq left early because of foul trouble.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »
12 minutes, 3 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and 4 fouls.  More fouls than points.  Repeating the 2007 pattern. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »
One game, Beach. he's definitely going to be more productive this year than with the Heat.

Why do you hate this guy so much? Without him, your Lakers never would have won those three titles in 2000,2001, and 2002. In his prime, he was the most dominating force in the NBA and the reason you won those three titles.

Kobe was complimentary during those years. Shaq was the superstar on that team at the time those titles were won. I know that you disagree with that, but's it true. Those were Shaq's teams, not Kobe's.

He took an Orlando magic team on his back to the NBA finals at age 23 in 1996.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
One game, Beach. he's definitely going to be more productive this year than with the Heat.

Why do you hate this guy so much? Without him, your Lakers never would have won those three titles in 2000,2001, and 2002. In his prime, he was the most dominating force in the NBA and the reason you won those three titles.

Kobe was complimentary during those years. Shaq was the superstar on that team at the time those titles were won. I know that you disagree with that, but's it true. Those were Shaq's teams, not Kobe's.

He took an Orlando magic team on his back to the NBA finals at age 23 in 1996.

Yeah just one game, but what it shows is a pattern from the past couple years, last year in particular, when he rarely put good back-to-back games together.  He hardly puts in a solid four quarters anymore.  Just go back and read this thread and you’ll see how inconsistent he has been.   

I don't hate him.  I loved what he did for the Lakers.  He was the most dominating center in the NBA.  The Lakers wouldn't have won without him, Kobe, and Phil.  You can call it Shaq's team, Kobe's team, Phil's team etc., but no way do they win without all three.  It was Kobe playing lock down D and Kobe often carrying the team in the fourth quarter.     

What I don't like and never did was his work ethic (he is lazy), his lack of defense, his childish attitude (which has actually improved a lot), and his selfishness.  Selfish players don't play defense.  They also refuse to work on weaknesses in their game.  I wish someone would do an analysis of how many games his teams have lost because he missed so many FTs. 

He would show up fat and out-of-shape every year.  Do you recall when he was injured in the off season and waited till the start of the next season to have surgery?  He said he got hurt on company time and would rehab on company time.  How can you (not you personally) respect someone with that kind of attitude?   

Also, we almost lost Kobe because of him.  I think they're both responsible for the breakup, but Shaq is primarily to blame IMO.

Look at what he did in Miami.  The Heat won a championship in spite of, not because of, Shaq and then he throws them under the bus.  They were actually happy to see him go.

What he should do is give back half his salary because he's only half the player he once was.  Definitely not earning his check.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »
Last night's Snack stat line in a loss to Utah:  32 minutes, 9 points, 1 rebound, 5 assists, 0 steals, 3 blocks, 3 turnovers, and 4 fouls. 

More fouls than rebounds again. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
 ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2008, 06:49:07 AM »
That was hilarious!!! ;D ;D ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »

there are many players in this league who are over paid. Yes shaq is really over paid at this point but, i think he can be very valuable still in late in the season and in the playoffs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »
there are many players in this league who are over paid. Yes shaq is really over paid at this point but, i think he can be very valuable still in late in the season and in the playoffs.

I agree he can be valuable in spurts.  I doubt that will be enough to put the Suns over the hump. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »
I agree he can be valuable in spurts.  I doubt that will be enough to put the Suns over the hump. 
even if they got rid of Shaq and got marion back i don think they could do it. i like nash though, one of the best.
hows them Bows? still back'in McMac'in?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »
even if they got rid of Shaq and got marion back i don think they could do it. i like nash though, one of the best.
hows them Bows? still back'in McMac'in?

I don't think they would win a championship with Marion either, but they were a better team with Marion. 

Frustrating season for the Warriors.  I think we have to give Mac a few years.  Hard to evaluate a coach until he has a roster of his own players.  I really like what he has done so far with recruiting.  Did you know we already have about 20 of 25 commits?  That never happened with June. 

I'm not convinced Ron Lee can run the offense.  He has been pretty bad.  Play calling has been terrible.  We need to upgrade the WR group.  Need a RB or two.  Our OTs stink. 

They're finally going to start Mouton at FS.  Must have gotten my memo.   :)  Got tired of our DBs giving up 70 and 80 yard plays.  Mouton is going to be a first day pick IMO.  Veikune too.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2008, 01:02:23 AM »
Now why did ESPN put this headline and picture on their front page?  lol . . . .

The Big Brick

Story:  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=ShaqFTs-081218

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2009, 08:20:35 AM »
Big Shaq Diesel had a hell of a game last night. Damn!

Reb: 11
Ast: 2
Stl: 3
Blk: 1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
Yeah I read his stat line against Bargnani (sp).  Not impressed.  I did watch the Lakers v. Suns on Thursday.  He was guarded by Gasol (outweighs him by 100 pounds): 

12 points
7 rebounds
0 assists
2 blocks
2 turnovers
2 fouls