Author Topic: Snack O'Neal  (Read 70485 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Snack O'Neal
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2010, 05:22:32 PM »
His heart scares me   nothing else  though.

That's it? Not his passing? Not his scoring? The guy is triple threat. He's strictly an offensive player. But he's a great penetrator. He's a great passer, and he scores very well.

I like the Suns to win the series in 7 games. It's Nash's time. I just feel it.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »
That's it? Not his passing? Not his scoring? The guy is triple threat. He's strictly an offensive player. But he's a great penetrator. He's a great passer, and he scores very well.

I like the Suns to win the series in 7 games. It's Nash's time. I just feel it.
NO :-\   But His heart gets everyone else moving .   We have a team that can do everything he does by himself...now if this LAker team had his HEART???????
((-::

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
WHAT A COMPLETE MORON.  ::) ::) ::)
The diff is Young is lucky (he must have has a clover  t shirt on during draft day) enough to wear a DALLAS UNIFORM!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #253 on: May 29, 2010, 10:07:57 PM »
Snack is off contract now, dont think Cavs will really want him.

From Orlando, Lakers, Miami, Pheonix and Cleveland epic journey man

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #254 on: May 29, 2010, 11:07:35 PM »
He should retire.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
He should retire.

shaq has to many kids to retire and to many woman to shut up with hush money. He only plays for money like lebron.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »
shaq has to many kids to retire and to many woman to shut up with hush money. He only plays for money like lebron.
He may be LeBrons NEXT stepdaddy!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »
Signing the Big Fattie for the vet minimum is actually a good move by Boston.  With Jermaine and Perkins, Snack doesn't have to play much.

But he can forget about having his Laker jersey retired in LA.   :)

Sources: Shaquille O'Neal, Celts close

Free-agent center Shaquille O'Neal will likely sign with the Boston Celtics, as soon as Tuesday night or Wednesday, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

O'Neal had said earlier Tuesday that he hopes to make a decision about his future soon, and both NBA.com and Comcast SportsNet New England indicated that the Celtics were "close" to signing the four-time NBA champion.

The Atlanta Hawks had been the front-runner to land O'Neal last month and are not completely out of the picture, sources told Broussard, but they have fallen behind the Celtics.

O'Neal
O'Neal was not willing to reveal which team he was leaning toward.

"For me, it's been a real thinking process," O'Neal told The Associated Press on Tuesday from Orlando, where he was promoting his television series, "Shaq Vs.," with teen pop star Justin Bieber. "I came into the league very graciously and want to go out very graciously. My main thought was I would like to play for a winning franchise, somebody that's used to winning, somebody that keeps winning. Hopefully, I'll make my decision here in the next one or two days."

The Celtics can offer only the veteran minimum salary ($1.35 million for a veteran of 10-plus NBA seasons), but Cleveland could facilitate a sign-and-trade with Boston if the 38-year-old center requires more money. O'Neal has made nearly $291 million in basketball contracts alone, including $20 million with the Cavaliers last season.

O'Neal has found a quiet market for his services this offseason, which led some to speculate he might find a better payday overseas. But O'Neal indicated Tuesday that he plans to stay on this side of the Atlantic.

"I know I will play in the NBA next season," said O'Neal. "International? No. The good thing about me and my career is I came in, did it my way, did more than expected. For every athlete or every great person, there's a time when it has to end. When and if it ever ends it will be very graciously.

"We're going to have a big party. We're going to have a ceremony and the next thing I'll be waiting for is the entrance into the place where your name will never be forgotten."

The Celtics will start the season without center Kendrick Perkins, who underwent knee surgery last month and is expected to be sidelined into February. Boston utilized the mid-level exception to sign free-agent Jermaine O'Neal last month, but Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge often noted the team remained in the market for another impact big man.

No player on the free-agent market probably offers more potential impact than Shaq, who has averaged 24.1 points and 11 rebounds per game over 18 NBA seasons.

O'Neal appeared on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Monday and said he'd like to play two more seasons in the NBA and that the Celtics would potentially be a good fit for him.

O'Neal stressed to Kimmel that he's on a "730-day program," suggesting he wants to play two more years until he reaches 40. When Kimmel suggested he couldn't picture O'Neal in a Boston uniform, O'Neal responded, "The Celtics would be a good program."

Pressed if he would feel weird putting on a Celtics jersey after spending time with the Lakers, O'Neal simply shook his head and said, "No."

The Celtics have aimed to sign free agents to short-term deals with an eye toward a massive roster turnover following the 2011-12 season. Even by signing O'Neal to a two-year deal, the team would not be jeopardizing its future plan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5434969

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »
His going out with no dignity at all. A journeyman.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2010, 07:01:43 AM »
His going out with no dignity at all. A journeyman.

Shaq still holds value in the NBA. Dignity?

If you accuse him of lacking dignity then what about the teams out there that are still willing to pay him to play?

You can't teach size and Shaq, despite eroding skills, definitely has size in the paint. He can still affect opponents' gameplans. If he want's to play, let him play. I've been watching him play in the NBA since I was a teenager and I'm now 36. There's something to be said for longetivity. Shaq's legacy remains intact, no matter how long he continues to play.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »
Shaq still holds value in the NBA. Dignity?

If you accuse him of lacking dignity then what about the teams out there that are still willing to pay him to play?

You can't teach size and Shaq, despite eroding skills, definitely has size in the paint. He can still affect opponents' gameplans. If he want's to play, let him play. I've been watching him play in the NBA since I was a teenager and I'm now 36. There's something to be said for longetivity. Shaq's legacy remains intact, no matter how long he continues to play.
I agree, he is still a factor.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2010, 07:51:01 AM »
I agree, he is still a factor.

He still averaged almost 13 pts and 7 rebounds despite playing less than 25 minutes a game. I tend to root for the older players, especially guys like Shaq who are older than me, yet still playing.

Makes me feel younger, I guess......

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2010, 08:00:53 AM »
He still averaged almost 13 pts and 7 rebounds despite playing less than 25 minutes a game. I tend to root for the older players, especially guys like Shaq who are older than me, yet still playing.

Makes me feel younger, I guess......
Robert Parish comes to mind. I watch old NBA videos he was amazing at 40.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
Robert Parish comes to mind. I watch old NBA videos he was amazing at 40.

Oh yeah. The 'Chief.'

I can still hear ther Boston faithful with that 'Chiiiiieeeeeeeefffff' chant.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »
Oh yeah. The 'Chief.'

I can still hear ther Boston faithful with that 'Chiiiiieeeeeeeefffff' chant.
The Cheif never cracked a smile his entire life.  8)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
From Miami, to Phoenix, to Cleveland to Celtics..there only paying him the minimum, but watch shaq put in minimum effort. its hard to go from $20m one year to under $2m the next.

body88

« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
Horrid.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »
best of luck to the guy, he probably needs the money? he probably will miss the NBA if he retired. Now that i think of it he can always be used as someone to put a body on dwight howard or to even clog up the lane.

Props to shaq for outlasting his entire draft class (1992) and the 1993 draft class and even the 1994 draft class, with the exception being Jason kidd.

Shaquille O'Neal* (C)  
2 Alonzo Mourning* (C)  
3 Christian Laettner+ (PF)  
4 Jimmy Jackson (SG)
5 LaPhonso Ellis (PF)  
6 Tom Gugliotta+ (PF)  
7 Walt Williams (SF)  
8 Todd Day (SG)  
9 Clarence Weatherspoon (PF)  
10 Adam Keefe (PF)  
11 Robert Horry (SF)  
12 Harold Miner (SG)  
13 Bryant Stith (SG)  
14 Malik Sealy (SF)   RIP
15 Anthony Peeler (SG)  
16 Randy Woods (PG)  
17 Doug Christie (SG)  
18 Tracy Murray (SF)  
19 Don MacLean (PF)  
20 Hubert Davis (SG)  
21 Jon Barry (SG)  
22 Oliver Miller (C)  
23 Lee Mayberry (PG)  
24 Latrell Sprewell* (SG)  
25 Elmore Spencer (C)
26 Dave Johnson (SF)  
27 Byron Houston (PF)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2010, 07:34:01 AM »
Horrid.

Why? You need frontcourt help. Perkins is out until January, Big Baby is undersized, and you can't rely on Jermaine O' Neal because he's always hurt. Like it or not, he's a Celtic.

Shaq will help the Celtics. Especially if he comes to camp in shape for once in his life.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2010, 07:39:47 AM »
Why? You need frontcourt help. Perkins is out until January and you can't rely on Jermaine O' Neal because he's always hurt. Like it or not, he's a Celtic.
Looks like we a call to Sam Perkins is in order.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2010, 01:04:23 PM »
He'll definitely help.  This is the perfect role for him.  Bring him off the bench for about 10 or 15 minutes a game.  He's not the missing link for a championship, but should provide some quality minutes.  

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2010, 04:11:08 PM »
He'll definitely help.  This is the perfect role for him.  Bring him off the bench for about 10 or 15 minutes a game.  He's not the missing link for a championship, but should provide some quality minutes.  

Exactly, at 10 to 15 minutes per game he can easily eat five fouls at the 1st and 4th quarters. I said it once and I'll say it again....YOU CAN'T TEACH SIZE...Shaq is an enourmous mofo down in the paint. When he body leans on the opponent's best center, he wears them down. Of course, only in games where he stays out of foul trouble.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
It's that time again.   ;D  In the second game of the season, where Boston loses to Cleveland,  :o, the Snack stat line is:

7 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers, and 4 fouls.  More fouls than rebounds.  Who knew?   :D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2010, 05:23:33 AM »
shaq looked pretty damn nimble on opening night.

he looks good.

body88

« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »
It's that time again.   ;D  In the second game of the season, where Boston loses to Cleveland,  :o, the Snack stat line is:

7 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 2 turnovers, and 4 fouls.  More fouls than rebounds.  Who knew?   :D

Why didn't you referance Miami?

The guy makes what a million or two a season?

Let it go, haha.