Author Topic: Hair loss sucks  (Read 6106 times)

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
Re: Hair loss sucks
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 08:37:02 PM »
Sadly I doubt there will ever be a cure in pill form for hair loss.  If there was, then all the rogain, hair club for men, pharmacies making propecia/proscar, surgeons and all the rest would be out of business.  You know they lobby congress to keep the real fixes off the market.  They do the same thing for aids and cancer.  If a cure came out then so many people would be out of business

Thats very true... doctors treat, they dont cure. Its all business and medical is big business.
$450 Jeans

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »
damn I feel sorry for you guys :(

E
E

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 08:43:32 PM »
Derek Anthony seems to have discovered a way to deal with hair loss. It's totally natural and nobody even notices.
a

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »
Derek Anthony seems to have discovered a way to deal with hair loss. It's totally natural and nobody even notices.

I think its a good thing for Derek after he finishes with a """Client"""" the cheese washes out of his hair with eaze.... the less hair.. the less shower time
$450 Jeans

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:11 PM »
The biggest thing about going bald is freaking out when it first happens. Just accept it and say fvck it. Honestly, no one really gives a shit unless you keep it long and try and hide it (ie combover), then you look like a complete tool. Women don't give a damn either, I had just as much success picking up chicks with my head shaved as I did with hair. I would have chicks come up and rub my head at bars, which usually led to even better rubbing :) 
Don’t go for butchering hair club either, total waste of money and you will have scars. Like stated earlier, it’s all about how you present yourself. Just don’t give a fvck about it and no one else will either.
I usually keep my hair close to the pic below....

tiny-tit bounty hunter

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 10:55:01 PM »
Just ask Danhead about hairloss... the man is sporting a full conehead, makes Dan Akroyd look fucking stupid  ;D

lol on a serious note , i wouldnt worry about it bro... shave it short , go the Vin Diesel look. Unless you have a head with a massive peak on it ( Danhead....... runnnnn its godzillla  ;D) you will be fine.

fucking guy posted coneheads bwwahahahahha
#

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 06:08:54 AM »
I blame women for the negative view of balding in society and the torment that some men have over it. I have heard women privately make fun of guys with no hair or receding hair lines. Most will reject a guy with a receding hairline and would never marry a bald guy.

In the gay community it is a sign of virility and considered sexy and hyper masculine. I think women want men to look like women or metrosexuals, The way they dress some of their husbands is proof.

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 06:28:39 AM »

I am 36 with a full head of hair.  Took the 1-test back in the day with some other kinda harsh product.  Noticed my hair getting thinner in a certain area towards the back.  Also had a slight problem with the front sides from having long hair in a ponytail for years.

Took the rogaine, and it worked.  Still use it till this day for maintenance.  By the way, and I'm just being very honest guys, if my hair really started to go, it would be Bosley time.  Without a dought at all.  The shaved white guy deal is definitely not a look for me.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 06:38:37 AM »
I am 33 and mine is falling out. I have had a receding hairline for years but keeping it clipper cut short on the sides helps.I just started to see a small bald spot.Took Proscar for awhile and it helped but was afraid of developing gyno so stopped  taking it,and the hairloss started right back up.Now I don't even worry nothing you can do just accept it.

Johnny Big Nutz

• Getbig II
  • AKA Johnny Tightlips ;)
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 04:07:07 PM »

Hahahha.......I was waitting for someone to throw that out there. ;D......  It's just the way u carry yourself.  I think when "people" try to cover it up, it looks worse. 
That is all......

andydude00

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »
ROGAINE is the key is you have enough hair still. It is proven to regrow hair, and about the plugs I know of my gym's manager plugs but noone else does......

Tips:

1. use rogaine everyday and you will regrow some, and keep what you have.(my brother in-law was in the balding process but saved himself)

2. if its beyond a few hairs growing back, then spend a couple thousand getting plugs, do your research but some docs do wonders. SOME LEAVE YOU LOOKING LIKE BARBIE WITH PLUGS THOUGH.........

3. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR and ask him about PROPECIA, its a dht (??) inhibitor or something which will stop your dht(?) from causing baldness therefore you won't lose more hair. But you can't use any hormone enhancing supps with this as it will cause a reaction with propecia.

GOOD LUCK...and there is hope for winning the baldness battle.

P.S. before you get married see if your wife carries the bald gene.....you might want to reconsider...j/k

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 05:33:36 PM »
I'd rather go bald (hopefully doesn't happen) then use alot of those hair-loss products.

Better to be bald and have stable erections than have a normal head of hair and no sex drive.
It's Hip to be Square!

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »
i would definitely not do the plug/transplant thing.  ive heard some horror stories about the scar and the look of the transplanted hair afterwards, and dont fool yourself it is NOT permanent.  it will fall out and you will keep having to replace it over and over again when the other hairs begin to go, each time with a new scar from the back of your head.  pill form--the dht blockers can fuck up your test levels as well, even cause more hair loss in some people.  my brothers been on them for a few years and as far as i can tell they havent done shit to slow his hair loss.  if i were you, i would a) increase my test levels with synthetic test and just say fuck it, better to feel better and look sweet all around and just shave the head.  b) stay tan it makes it look a lot better.  black guys look fine with shaved heads right? the darker the skin the better the look of hte bald head.

there is this one trial still going on in the UK where they're taking a single hair or two form the back of the head and genetically multiplying it through stem cells, thus having an unlimited supply of the dht free hair WITHOUT the scars of today.  if i were you i would definitely wait for this procedure, its gonna be coming up within the next  5 years or so.  i know its a fuckin bitch, but if you stay in awesome shape and dress well you'll still be better than 95% of the guys out there. 

i hope you take my advice, cause trying to fight mother nature in this department is like trying to swim over a tidal wave, might as well just ride the wave, its much easier in the end and the only way you wont kill yourself.
its comin today

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »
Check this site out before you spend the money -

http://home1.gte.net/dschrode/newpicture-gallery.htm
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007, 07:46:48 PM »
damn, just make sure you show the doctor them pics

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »
nhi is the leader in transplants by far , they come up with the stuff that everyone follows!
they have like a 3 to 4 month waiting list  though, also if you get it done you would have to keep getting more transplants as your hair falls out unless you want to take the drugs and hope that keeps what you have left!
 also you only have so much they can take from the back of your head so if you have alot missing your never gonna geta good result like this
http://www.newhair.com/next/temples-photos.asp?pt=mjb

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »
If it's covered with hair who cares about the scar?

palumnbo's in noticeable  unles syou have thik long hair in the back you can see it   

and if the plugs look like shit   now youcan;t shave it either    fuck it shave it

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2007, 10:39:43 PM »
DON"T DO SURGERY!!

Going the transplant way means spending lots and lots of money and having to to do the procedure every couple of years as you start losing more and more hair. You may not have enough donor hair in the future to help you later on when you continue to lose more hair on top and you won't be able to shave your head because it'll be covered with scars, you'll look like Frankenstein. Sometimes the transplanted hair doesn't take root and you'll end up with patches. Not to mention some doctors can just butcher you and you'll end up more miserable then when you started.

Something the web sites don't tell you is hair transplant doctors prescribe Propecia and Rogaine after the procedure to help save what you have so why not just try those two drugs from the get go and see how well your body responds to them? Some guys have amazing results with both drugs while others just get the side effects which can include impotence and gyno. Really do your research before you make a decision and like someone already mentioned, finding out your balding is a bow to the gut at first but over time you get use to it and eventually might just foeget about it all together. You might even look decent with a shaved head.

Concentrate on the things you can change like your attitude and body, I know a few guys that are bald and are pimps, They have no problems picking up good looking women because they have confidence and can talk. Remember there's lots of guys that seem like they have everything going for them, looks, hair, money, etc.. but couldn't get laid if their life depended on it cause they lack confidence and social skills. Also remember someone else always has it worse, no arms, skin probelms, born disfigured, it puts everything into perspective.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 07:31:38 AM »
   I used to really worry about it....not anymore. Some things you have control over and some you don't. Accept the things you can't change...change the things you can...but most importantly be wise enough to know the difference.Don't sweat the small stuff,life is too short.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2007, 07:55:37 AM »
I STARTED GOING BALD AT 18, I SHAVED EVER SINCE.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 08:24:07 AM »
DON"T DO SURGERY!!

Going the transplant way means spending lots and lots of money and having to to do the procedure every couple of years as you start losing more and more hair. You may not have enough donor hair in the future to help you later on when you continue to lose more hair on top and you won't be able to shave your head because it'll be covered with scars, you'll look like Frankenstein. Sometimes the transplanted hair doesn't take root and you'll end up with patches. Not to mention some doctors can just butcher you and you'll end up more miserable then when you started.

Something the web sites don't tell you is hair transplant doctors prescribe Propecia and Rogaine after the procedure to help save what you have so why not just try those two drugs from the get go and see how well your body responds to them? Some guys have amazing results with both drugs while others just get the side effects which can include impotence and gyno. Really do your research before you make a decision and like someone already mentioned, finding out your balding is a bow to the gut at first but over time you get use to it and eventually might just foeget about it all together. You might even look decent with a shaved head.

Concentrate on the things you can change like your attitude and body, I know a few guys that are bald and are pimps, They have no problems picking up good looking women because they have confidence and can talk. Remember there's lots of guys that seem like they have everything going for them, looks, hair, money, etc.. but couldn't get laid if their life depended on it cause they lack confidence and social skills. Also remember someone else always has it worse, no arms, skin probelms, born disfigured, it puts everything into perspective.

Can you get gyno from rogaine???

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 10:10:06 AM »
I know I'll get flamed for this, don't care.

My grandad was bald by the time he was 26.  My dad isn't bald but his hairline is on top of his fuggin head.

I'm 23 and can tell I will soon suffer the same fate... maybe.

My hair line is receding slightly and I want to know if you or anyone you guys know has ever had hair transplants (like Bosley, Hair Club, Med Hair Resto, etc.)

Anyone had any experience with this?  Is it all it's cracked up to be?

Well, there is just about one vital point to you to understand; there is no one other than you who is going to notice it. There is no other soul in this earth who could share your interest to your fading hair, so my advice is that just forget it. No one care. If you are cool guy, your friends doesn't mind if you have full hair or bald head.  They doesn't like you because of your hair but because of you are who you are. It is all about your attitude, if you start to hide it and shame it, it bite you in the ass in no time. If you doesn't mind about it, if you wear your baldness like a crown, you have no worry at all. Do you love your father less because he have lost his hair? Is your grandfather just another bald SOB?  I don't think so, because we usually doesn't notice things like hair with people who are important to us, because there is much more important thing involved. It is going to be just same with you, those who care about you doesn't even notice it, and those who doesn't care about you may go and fu*ck themselves. It is just so simple. You only have to believe it is.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »
Well, there is just about one vital point to you to understand; there is no one other than you who is going to notice it. There is no other soul in this earth who could share your interest to your fading hair, so my advice is that just forget it. No one care. If you are cool guy, your friends doesn't mind if you have full hair or bald head.  They doesn't like you because of your hair but because of you are who you are. It is all about your attitude, if you start to hide it and shame it, it bite you in the ass in no time. If you doesn't mind about it, if you wear your baldness like a crown, you have no worry at all. Do you love your father less because he have lost his hair? Is your grandfather just another bald SOB?  I don't think so, because we usually doesn't notice things like hair with people who are important to us, because there is much more important thing involved. It is going to be just same with you, those who care about you doesn't even notice it, and those who doesn't care about you may go and fu*ck themselves. It is just so simple. You only have to believe it is.
Good post great finn!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »

Can you get gyno from rogaine???

No, you can get it from Propecia.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2007, 02:47:30 PM »

No, you can get it from Propecia.

yep. I stopped taking it because my nips were itching and kinda tender.maybe in my head but they were.