Author Topic: Hair loss sucks  (Read 6088 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Hair loss sucks
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
I know I'll get flamed for this, don't care.

My grandad was bald by the time he was 26.  My dad isn't bald but his hairline is on top of his fuggin head.

I'm 23 and can tell I will soon suffer the same fate... maybe.

My hair line is receding slightly and I want to know if you or anyone you guys know has ever had hair transplants (like Bosley, Hair Club, Med Hair Resto, etc.)

Anyone had any experience with this?  Is it all it's cracked up to be?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Hair loss sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »
I started losing at 19. Twenty years later, I've still got just enough to fool myself when looking in the mirror straight-on. But view me from above and it's like an Arctic ice floe...  :'(

Don't waste your money and what's left of your dignity with any hair replacement crap. Just keep your hair very short (or better: shaved off altogether) and remind yourself of all the bald bad-asses out there...

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »
Haha thanks for the support.

I used to go skin back in high school sometimes but I have to do something.

My head isn't shapely enough to pull off the bald look too well so it's Hair Club or nothing.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:30:47 PM »
It's too bad it's pretty well all genetic.  My dad still has a full head of hair at 48 and my mother's father didn't start losing his hair until he was way older and he is now 75.  My father's father is bald as can be.  Luckily, I show no signs at all at 25.

Yep, sure is.

The thing with hair resto is they take hair from the back of your head (it's genetically immune to the baldness hormone) and move it to the hairline and crown.  It's supposed to last for the rest of your life and never stop growing.

I'm just trying to get an idea of the quality of the proceedures and an idea of the ordeal.

rs3000

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »

Bruce Willis is badass... looks better bald than with hair

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:29 PM »
i went to  ahair transplant thing cause they gave me a free dinner...... well the scar  that shit leaves in the back of your head no fucking thanks i rather be bald   so shave it short and suck it up....7)5 of or so will all be bald

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »
i went to  ahair transplant thing cause they gave me a free dinner...... well the scar  that shit leaves in the back of your head no fucking thanks i rather be bald   so shave it short and suck it up....7)5 of or so will all be bald

If it's covered with hair who cares about the scar?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
My Grandfathers Eighty something and he still has a full head of hair. My hair is so thick they use Tin Shears to cut it. :D

Sorry man, it must suck.  :(
S

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 07:25:30 PM »
My Grandfathers Eighty something and he still has a full head of hair. My hair is so thick they use Tin Shears to cut it. :D

Sorry man, it must suck.  :(

I wouldn't know yet... and I don't ever want to.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 07:29:35 PM »
pray to your Star of David, maybe you'll get some hair.

If he would pray to God he could get his hair back. Things like this do happen. There was a woman who was bald and could not grow hair. Then overnight after her praying she got her wish and no one would believe it was real. Full long hair. With faith anything is possible.
just push some weight!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »
pray to your Star of David, maybe you'll get some hair.

Me praying for hair is like you praying for another NAMBLA convention in your village.  A dream come true but about as much chance as your mother turning down $4.50 for a load of my Jewce.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 07:31:42 PM »
I started thinning at 21 or so, at least that's when I noticed it. Here I am almost a decade later, and while it's obvious I'm thin on top, there is still something up there. Different people lose at different speeds. Some will lose all of it within 3-4 months (happened to a buddy of mine). People like myself, it's a slower and gradual loss.
But, the power is what you give it. If you want to be self conscious about it, then that will show through and you'll come off as inhibited in everything you do. If you don't care, then you'll be confident and that shows through as well. If you really want to go the route of treatments, that's your choice, obviously.
But, just keep it nicely trimmed close to your head. Easy maintenance, covers it up as much as anything possibly can, and you will look like a bad ass (unlike some of the other guys you posted above...Bruce Willis being one of them!).

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
If he would pray to God he could get his hair back. Things like this do happen. There was a woman who was bald and could not grow hair. Then overnight after her praying she got her wish and no one would believe it was real. Full long hair. With faith anything is possible.

And the evidence you have to back this up?
Well, in the meantime while you search for it (because you probably made it up), keep posting pics of that hot ass sister of yours! ;D ).

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:02 PM »
I started thinning at 21 or so, at least that's when I noticed it. Here I am almost a decade later, and while it's obvious I'm thin on top, there is still something up there. Different people lose at different speeds. Some will lose all of it within 3-4 months (happened to a buddy of mine). People like myself, it's a slower and gradual loss.
But, the power is what you give it. If you want to be self conscious about it, then that will show through and you'll come off as inhibited in everything you do. If you don't care, then you'll be confident and that shows through as well. If you really want to go the route of treatments, that's your choice, obviously.
But, just keep it nicely trimmed close to your head. Easy maintenance, covers it up as much as anything possibly can, and you will look like a bad ass (unlike some of the other guys you posted above...Bruce Willis being one of them!).

Excellent advice, thanks.

I would never let something like this fuck with my confidence.  But I'm the kind of guy that is always seeking perfection for one reason or another and I would definitely choose to look my best no matter what.

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
Just ask Danhead about hairloss... the man is sporting a full conehead, makes Dan Akroyd look fucking stupid  ;D

lol on a serious note , i wouldnt worry about it bro... shave it short , go the Vin Diesel look. Unless you have a head with a massive peak on it ( Danhead....... runnnnn its godzillla  ;D) you will be fine.

$450 Jeans

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »
Hairloss does suck, but if it gets really bad, why not get a transplant or regrowth therapy? Advanced hair... yea yea!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
Just ask Danhead about hairloss... the man is sporting a full conehead, makes Dan Akroyd look fucking stupid  ;D

lol on a serious note , i wouldnt worry about it bro... shave it short , go the Vin Diesel look. Unless you have a head with a massive peak on it ( Danhead....... runnnnn its godzillla  ;D) you will be fine.

Haha... nice.

No my head is more like a bowling ball when shaved.  I think it's almost perfectly round so I'd like to keep my hair as long as possible.

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »
Hairloss does suck, but if it gets really bad, why not get a transplant or regrowth therapy? Advanced hair... yea yea!

It costs a couple thousand and you have to get it done every 2-3 years as the folicles dont always last or take. Plus the deep roots you can tell when someone has had it done. Not to mention that only 30% of people who get it done have it take probably, other it just doesnt work.

I just speak to Danhead from the back .... he atleast has hair there.  ;D
$450 Jeans

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:46 PM »
Haha... nice.

No my head is more like a bowling ball when shaved.  I think it's almost perfectly round so I'd like to keep my hair as long as possible.

I have compiled good head types for you to see what good looks like bald. :: Note danhead doesnt make the selection,,, these are grade A heads  ;D

Yul brynner

Tupac

Joe Satriani

Agassi

and the DO NOT LIST: - bad heads

Danhead-
$450 Jeans

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »
to pull off 'the bald head look' it's important to stay really lean.

if you're body fat is too high your face will look round.

my 2 cent worth of metrosexual advice.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 08:23:20 PM »
I have compiled good head types for you to see what good looks like bald. :: Note danhead doesnt make the selection,,, these are grade A heads  ;D

Excellent advice.  I'll keep that in mind.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 08:25:26 PM »
Do like Adonis !!! He let's it shag,,then combs it to the front!!! Thus looking like a beautiful full head of hair ! ;)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 08:29:34 PM »
I started losing mine at 16, DHT is good for your brain and central nervous system bald people are usually smarter and grow faster, don't stress. Mine is falling out so fast every time I shave my head I can see it going further back, nothing you can do.

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »
Do like Adonis !!! He let's it shag,,then combs it to the front!!! Thus looking like a beautiful full head of hair ! ;)

TA shouldnt be too worried about his hair.... id be more worried about his feet. How is he ever gonna step on the stage with the huge grotesque monkey like creature feet that he has?. I know judges can mark down for synthol use but what about huge gigantuan creature feet that look like something out of the dark ages. Then again he might skip bodybuilding and go straight into movies. When the talent goes to cast he knows where to find monkey man..... in the jungles of Venezuela  ;D
$450 Jeans

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
Sadly I doubt there will ever be a cure in pill form for hair loss.  If there was, then all the rogain, hair club for men, pharmacies making propecia/proscar, surgeons and all the rest would be out of business.  You know they lobby congress to keep the real fixes off the market.  They do the same thing for aids and cancer.  If a cure came out then so many people would be out of business