Author Topic: Do you guys think the judges will screw Rusty at the Ironman too ?  (Read 7226 times)

AVBG

Re: Do you guys think the judges will screw Rusty at the Ironman too ?
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »
Of course it does...

That being said...it's a preference. Rusty was soft during the PJ...some judges will automatically mark you way down for not being conditioned, and will place more conditioned guys ahead of you even though they have less symmetrical/ balanced physiques.

Beleiev me..I had my share of it for a looong time. I clearly had the better physique, better symmetry, better proportion, better balance....but soft....and I was placed accordingly.

Isnt it funny how people seem to forget that you didn't get your share of fair decisions in the 90's? Your victory last year was well deserved and IMO overdue.

DA BULL

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2007, 06:35:33 PM »
Chic.............why do you bother answering these clowns?? It was clear to me (yes, I was at the show....4th row center) that you were by far, the best that day..................... .......it wasnt close.

I had Rusty in the top 5 also..............and Nathan Wonssley. You still looked like you could compete with the reg guys, the other guys looked their age.........maybe that was the diff.?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
Chick, what do you think of all the glute nonsense?

Do you think the conditioning factor led to Paco getting third behind you at the NOC?
Squishy face retard

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
Chick, what do you think of all the glute nonsense?

Do you think the conditioning factor led to Paco getting third behind you at the NOC?

It's been out of control for some time now....having lines in your glutes are given more consideration than HAVING calves, or a balanced physique, etc....

If I were a judge...I would reward the better physique over the better conditioning  all day long, hence my placing of Rusty in the top 5......

The emphasis on glutes has done more to ruin physiques and alter placings, than any other single factor in the last 10 years...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
I agree Bob, it sucks seeing guys like Troy Alves get dropped because of their butt condition.  Of the only two guys who really had that look (Ronnie and Tommi T) only one looks good overall.  I don't think they should be smooth but lines in your ass is stupid.

Squishy face retard

AVBG

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2007, 06:45:48 PM »
I agree Bob, it sucks seeing guys like Troy Alves get dropped because of their butt condition.  Of the only two guys who really had that look (Ronnie and Tommi T) only one looks good overall.  I don't think they should be smooth but lines in your ass is stupid.

Troy Alves is not lacking any development in that area  :-X

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

Troy Alves is not lacking any development in that area  :-X
He gets marked down for his glutes, McGough wrote about it and how Wheeler and Priest had the same fate.
Squishy face retard

AVBG

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
He gets marked down for his glutes, McGough wrote about it and how Wheeler and Priest had the same fate.

not surprised.. from the waist up his physique is flawless..

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
So where would you have placed Rusty, Keith?

I would have placed him first or second, but I would vote for symmetry and proportionality over mass

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2007, 05:55:22 AM »
I was surprised at the placing for Rusty in that show. I thought he looked really great. In my opinion he should have been much higher. However as I sit here today I do not know what the judges saw then.

What I do know, and this is getting to be a very tired subject, is that Bob won, no question, way out in front. His conditioning, his symmetry, overall, he came in better than everyone else at that show on that day.

I have said this before, if you aren't there, you don't know. It is a whole lot different than sitting on your couch with your computer trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.

Of course not everyone can get out to a show in New York, or the Iron Man or the Arnold. But you can get to your local shows. Do so, you will learn a lot.

And then you can catch the big shows on BodyBuilding.com :)
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 12:57:01 PM »
Chic.............why do you bother answering these clowns?? It was clear to me (yes, I was at the show....4th row center) that you were by far, the best that day..................... .......it wasnt close.

I had Rusty in the top 5 also..............and Nathan Wonssley. You still looked like you could compete with the reg guys, the other guys looked their age.........maybe that was the diff.?

I was there also.  seeing the competitors side by side, Rusty wasn't  a threat, especially against the bigger guys, ie chic, Mcrary and Pavel. I thought it was between Chic & Pavel at the prejudging.  Pavel was alot softer at the night show.

Many people make the mistake of looking at pictures of two competitors and saying this person should have beaten that person.  Some physique's photograph much better than others. Rusty looks great by himself.  Much like I think shawn and flex has a much prettier physique than Dorian. When Dorian's on and you put him next to them you can't see them.  Rusty lacks size and was smooth compared to the other guys. he has better shape and symetry, but when he stands next to Chic, he dwarfs Dusty.  Symetry is great but at that level you need more size. Being at the show and seeing the competitors side by side I thought Rusty was place correctly.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »
If I could look like a pro, it would be like him  :o
He has a very balanced physique.  But why not Phil heath?

Stavios

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2007, 05:34:57 PM »
He has a very balanced physique.  But why not Phil heath?

Hey Rudy, nice to have you here again !

well I like a lot of physiques in the pros, especially the one with large shoulder width and small waist.

guys like Victor Martinez, Milos Sarcev, Rusty, Toney Freeman.

not denying that Phil as an awesome physique tho !!

it's safe to say that EVERY PRO looks very good. in fact the guy who places dead last at a pro show has an awesome physique too. it's just that onstage, standing with the best of the world you expose all your weakness.

Lets take Kamali for example, people say he looks bad onstage. Compared to the other pros, yes.
but if you see Kamali in the street, you will think: "Hey that's one big fucker, great physique"

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »
I think Chick deserved the victory..... bodybuilding is not only about aesthetics..... though personally I would rather have Rusty's physique

In that case, Pavol should have won!
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
he's a few years younger than me, but all through the 90s, from the Colt Magazine photos, I figured he was 10 years older than me.   but then I was quite the twink well into my late 30s, and I doubt Rusty was ever a twink.

WTF is a "twink" :-\??

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2007, 10:42:01 PM »
HAHAHA @ twink

Wow that's something "hardcore gay slang" to us among the bros fucking queer ;D
#