Author Topic: Koreans in Iraq  (Read 4156 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Koreans in Iraq
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:14:27 AM »
A friend of mine who is on R & R from Iraq showed be a DVD of Koreans in Iraq.  I was extremely impressed.  They're training soldiers, building schools, hospitals, parks, etc.  The Iraqis love them.  I have never seen the media highlight this.

What I've seen on the front page of CNN.com the past few days is screaming and wounded Iraqis.  No front page stories of the good taking place in Iraq. 

I hate the media.   

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
Re: Koreans in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »
There was video of a Korean in Iraq over on Ogrish.

If I'm being a 100% honest, he didn't look that happy to be there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »
I don't think there are many soldiers who are "happy" to be in combat, getting shot at, dying, etc. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 12:34:40 PM »
What I've seen on the front page of CNN.com the past few days is screaming and wounded Iraqis. No front page stories of the good taking place in Iraq. 

No, what you've seen on CNN is some weeping women and maybe an unconscious body being lifted on to a truck.

This is because your news is censored. [Self-censored, sure. But it amounts to the same thing.] People in other parts of the world get to see how your tax money is actually being put to work...

Go tell their families how much good is taking place in Iraq.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 12:45:18 PM »
No, what you've seen on CNN is some weeping women and maybe an unconscious body being lifted on to a truck.

This is because your news is censored. [Self-censored, sure. But it amounts to the same thing.] People in other parts of the world get to see how your tax money is actually being put to work...

Go tell their families how much good is taking place in Iraq.

Oh brother.   ::)  My initial point was about Korean soldiers, the good they are doing in Iraq, and how the media fails to report the good news.  One of my buddies is in a hospital in Iraq assisting with medical care to Americans and Iraqis, including wounded insurgents.  The media doesn't report this.  Your graphic pictures don't refute that good news.  I have a liberal friend who likes to send me pictures of wounded and dead Iraqis.  The limbless boy is one of her favorites.  Typical M.O.   ::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »
  One of my buddies is in a hospital in Iraq assisting with medical care to Americans and Iraqis, including wounded insurgents. 

riiiiight!
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 12:49:09 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
Beach bum rolls his eyes when he is caught lying:

Beach Bum used to be a guy who dropped out of school at 17 to raise a family.  I had to explain to him what an MBA was, as he thought it was a mail order degree.

He was confronted with the accusation he didn't understand the history of self-attacks or the statistics behind the anomalies of the 2004 Ohio and Florida election fiascos.

So, one day he starts posting that he's a college professor who teaches history.  his class is full of MBA students and none of them believe in the 911 story.

Quote from: Beach Bum
::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »
soo wait..we r fixing up insurgents so they can get right back into action killing our troops?lol... ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 12:55:29 PM »
Beach bum rolls his eyes when he is caught lying:

Beach Bum used to be a guy who dropped out of school at 17 to raise a family.  I had to explain to him what an MBA was, as he thought it was a mail order degree.

He was confronted with the accusation he didn't understand the history of self-attacks or the statistics behind the anomalies of the 2004 Ohio and Florida election fiascos.

So, one day he starts posting that he's a college professor who teaches history.  his class is full of MBA students and none of them believe in the 911 story.

240: on January 14, 2007, 08:52:49 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"my woman already knows. if i ever make a fortune, i'll always make sure she and the babies are covered if we split.

but if we ever split and she tries to screw me in court, well, hello scott peterson. "[/color]
Scott Lee Peterson (born 24 October 1972 in San Diego, California) is a former agriculture chemical salesman convicted of the murder of his pregnant wife, Laci Peterson. His case dominated the American media for many weeks. On March 16, 2005, Peterson was sentenced to death and currently resides on death row in San Quentin State Prison.

On April 14, the body of a male fetus, with umbilical cord still attached, washed ashore at the San Francisco Bay. The next day, a partial female torso missing its hands, feet, and head washed ashore in the same area. The bodies were later identified as Laci and Conner Peterson. Autopsies were performed, but due to decomposition the specific cause of death was never determined. Prosecutors theorized that Laci may have been suffocated or strangled in the couple's home. The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and Modesto Police Department performed forensic searches of the couple's home, Scott's truck, the tool box in the back of his truck, his warehouse and his boat. They found only one piece of forensic evidence, a single hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Peterson

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »
soo wait..we r fixing up insurgents so they can get right back into action killing our troops?lol... ;D

You obviously don't know much about war.  If we have a wounded prisoner, we fix him up and then lock him up.  Hope that helps.   ::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
You obviously don't know much about war.  If we have a wounded prisoner, we fix him up and then lock him up.  Hope that helps.   ::)

wow..you really dont know shit about war..

when you see a wounded prisoner from the opposite side..you check to see if there r cameras near by..if not..you shoot and move on... ;)
carpe` vaginum!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »
I have a liberal friend who likes to send me pictures of wounded and dead Iraqis.  The limbless boy is one of her favorites.  Typical M.O.   ::)

It's true.

You see: The right-winger's mindless exultation in American military force [which, though shown daily to be not quite what it once was, can still produce an impressive quota of limbless boys] - in addition to its other contemptible qualities - comes very cheap to him. He does not have to risk his life in the armed forces. He does not have to live with the nightmares of post-traumatic stress. He doesn't have to pay increased taxes. And - thanks to his compliant corporate media - he doesn't even have to see the suffering that his beliefs endorse.

Put simply: This offends us. Deep down we know that our pictorial challenge to your self-satsified dehumanization of your victims is doomed to failure. You don't value brown-skinned lives equal to white-skinned lives - and never will. But by forcing you to look, however briefly, at the horror you helped unleash, we make your barbarousness just slightly more costly to you.

It's not enough. But we take what we can get.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 01:08:38 PM »
wow..you really dont know shit about war..

when you see a wounded prisoner from the opposite side..you check to see if there r cameras near by..if not..you shoot and move on... ;)

That would be a violation of the ROE, which you apparently know nothing about. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 01:10:10 PM »
That would be a violation of the ROE, which you apparently know nothing about. 

oh good lord..  ::)

lemme put it this way...they way you r talking..god forbid either one of us were put into battle..

i'd come back alive

you'd die with honour!
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 01:10:42 PM »
It's true.

You see: The right-winger's mindless exultation in American military force [which, though shown daily to be not quite what it once was, can still produce an impressive quota of limbless boys] - in addition to its other contemptible qualities - comes very cheap to him. He does not have to risk his life in the armed forces. He does not have to live with the nightmares of post-traumatic stress. He doesn't have to pay increased taxes. And - thanks to his compliant corporate media - he doesn't even have to see the suffering that his beliefs endorse.

Put simply: This offends us. Deep down we know that our pictorial challenge to your self-satsified dehumanization of your victims is doomed to failure. You don't value brown-skinned lives equal to white-skinned lives - and never will. But by forcing you to look, however briefly, at the horror you helped unleash, we make your barbarousness just slightly more costly to you.

It's not enough. But we take what we can get.

LOL!  Now that is some of the most ridiculous psychobabble I have read on this board.  LOL.  Absurd.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 01:13:12 PM »
oh good lord..  ::)

lemme put it this way...they way you r talking..god forbid either one of us were put into battle..

i'd come back alive

you'd die with honour!

LOL.  Actually, I would come back alive with a combat patch and medal or two, you would be indicted by an Article 32 officer, go through a general court martial on a murder charge, and be sentenced to either life in prison at Fort Leavenworth (or Fort Riley), or sentenced to death. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 01:14:05 PM »
LOL!  Now that is some of the most ridiculous psychobabble I have read on this board.  LOL.  Absurd.  ::)

actually, if you would like to present a more accurate analysis of the war decision maker, we're all ears.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
actually, if you would like to present a more accurate analysis of the war decision maker, we're all ears.

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
LOL.  Actually, I would come back alive with a combat patch and medal or two, you would be indicted by an Article 32 officer, go through a general court martial on a murder charge, and be sentenced to either life in prison at Fort Leavenworth (or Fort Riley), or sentenced to death. 

ooo....lol...

i wanna live in your world!
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 01:30:40 PM »
ooo....lol...

i wanna live in your world!

Cannot.  You'd have to actually serve in the Army, get a little more education, move to paradise, and put some meat on those bones.   ;D  Oh, and bang out a few rug rats . . . .

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 02:30:46 AM »
I don't know whats with this ribo guy. I guess he tried to join the service but was turned down or something. I guess he was to tough. Its amazing that anybody who serves in the service is a brain washed Bush lover. I joined will Bush 1 was in office and have suffered under 8 years of Clinton and will again, I guess. The admistration in power has nothing to do with why people serve. Besides if they didn't go would u...no so shut the hell up..debate the war all u want..its not the grunts fault.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 07:43:09 AM »
I don't know whats with this ribo guy. I guess he tried to join the service but was turned down or something. I guess he was to tough. Its amazing that anybody who serves in the service is a brain washed Bush lover. I joined will Bush 1 was in office and have suffered under 8 years of Clinton and will again, I guess. The admistration in power has nothing to do with why people serve. Besides if they didn't go would u...no so shut the hell up..debate the war all u want..its not the grunts fault.

Ding!   :)