Author Topic: Rampage Jackson!!!  (Read 4355 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Rampage Jackson!!!
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:55:04 AM »
Your reign as champ is coming to an end Liddell!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
Re: Rampage Jackson!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »
Your reign as champ is coming to an end Liddell!
You really believe that ???  He fought a scrub! That man was nowhere near Liddel's caliber !

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
Rampage needs 2-3 more fights in the cage before he's ready for Liddell in my opinion. As it stands right now, he would lose.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »
Rampage needs 2-3 more fights in the cage before he's ready for Liddell in my opinion. As it stands right now, he would lose.
Agreed; anybody notice he and crocop had... different interviews? ;D

I'm still laughing about "black on black crime."

dootle

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »
Chuck is a much better fighter than he was when they first fought..You can never count Rampage out, but I think Chuck got this one..it would definitely be a rematch worth watching..just like a rematch between Cro Cop and Fedor, i like both fighters and would be happy for whoever wins..i just want to see them fight again..

sandycoosworth

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 02:45:04 PM »
i would bet the farm on chuck ... rampage was a phenom because of his incredible power and that has faded out

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »
Good to see Rampage in the UFC but I don't see how 2-3 more fights would better his changes much against Chuck.
Z

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
i always said Rampage needs atleast 3 fights in the UFC to get ready for Liddell, and on current form he doesnt stand much of a chance. Give him a chance to hone his skills and if he can get them up to par then atleast he will show a good account of himself. Apart from that, i dont see him upsetting Chuck any time soon.

Marvin looked good, but i read the fight from the start. Marvins striking has never been in question, but it was inevitible he would get KO'd as he just isnt an elite fighter

I loved his interview with Joe. "Marvins my boy, but it was time for a black on black crime" ha ha  ;D
Scouser on Tour

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
3 fights or not, he's not gonna win over Chuck. It's not the fights up to the title fight that makes a fighter.
Z

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 07:58:16 PM »
I'll do a heads up beat by paypal for $10,000.00 u.s. that Chuck goes through Rampage like a buzzsaw in butter and will make him look like a 5yr old!  I think Rampage is in more of the league of maybe Mike Bisping or maybe even Shamrock would give him a good fight. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 08:09:19 PM »
3 fights or not, he's not gonna win over Chuck. It's not the fights up to the title fight that makes a fighter.

No, it's getting his bearings back under him and a chance to get settled into the UFC with some consistent fights. What's so hard for you to understand?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 11:22:42 PM »
I'm jsut going with Rampage cause everyone else is for Chuck.  I like being different.  Plus if Rampage wins it makes it look like i know something

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 12:33:43 AM »
rampage did not look good IMO.
chuck would have KOd eastman within 2 minutes.
rampage knows he can't beat chuck right now, or anytime soon.
he's gonna try and milk this thing and pray he gets the fire back.
if page doesn't turn back to the pre-wandy rampage... he has no chance.
i dig rampage alot and hope big time he gets wired straight again.
two thumbs WAY up!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »
At this point, I think Chuck is too much for 'Page even at top shape.

Although, it's great to see 'Page in the UFC. He has the personality that's sorely lacking in that organization. He's an asset whether he wins a title or not.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 12:56:03 AM »
At this point, I think Chuck is too much for 'Page even at top shape.

Although, it's great to see 'Page in the UFC. He has the personality that's sorely lacking in that organization. He's an asset whether he wins a title or not.

I agree with you on this one, however, if Page is in shape, shaken the jitters, he is a matchup problem for Chuck.  Chuck fights well against wrestling/jits based fighters.  Page is a carbon copy of Chuck in that he is a former wrestler who started stand up training.  Page is stronger, and more athletic than Chuck.  He also is a striker first/TD defense second fighter who is comfortable in the clinch.  Chuck likes to cut angles and counterpunch.  Jackson could actually utilize leg kicks against Chuck, and has a pretty tight defense standing up.  His chin is much better than fighters Chuck has faced.  That being said, he isn't ready for Chuck right now.  Can he be, yes. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 07:41:59 AM »
No, it's getting his bearings back under him and a chance to get settled into the UFC with some consistent fights. What's so hard for you to understand?

I don't think that makes that much of a difference. It's not like he's coming back from retirement or been injured. He fought twice 2006, three times in 2005. I can understand that the arrangers have everything to gain in making him fight a few times before giving him a title shot, but I don't think it will enhance his chances of winning much.
Z

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 07:57:19 AM »
After seeing his performance...as good as it was..rampage is going to have to live up to that caliber of name. Chuck today will give him a good fight and chuck knocks mother fuckers out..we allknow this.

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
i think there too much liddell nut hugging going on here you fight a guy once twice three times it does not matter much  about how much better one guy or the other has gotten theyre still the same two guys fighting. they already know what to expect out of one another...these are not amateurs here, if it had been liddell in that octagon that night you would have seen a different fight altogether
Journeyman

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »
you are kidding right? Imagine the pressure Rampage would have been under to go straight in for the title? If he struggled with nerves like that against a has-been like Eastman then "The Iceman" would have demolished him. He struggled to mount any worthy offence until that last combo and Marvin was more than holding his own even though he is a long way passed his best.

Chuck has improved so much with every fight and there isnt anything that could dent his confidence. He believes whole heartedly there isnt a man out there who can beat him now and he doesnt need a warm up fight for anyone. Rampage is NOT the same fighter even though hes still very young. If he doesnt find his old form soon then when he does get around to fighting Chuck he wont make it through the first round.

Its not about nut hugging mate, its about seeing the truth with your eyes. Chuck is unstoppable right now and Rampage is struggling to live up to his standards
Scouser on Tour

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 02:19:05 PM »
well i guess your right about that he did say he was nervous and that would have definitely have given liddell an advantage. as far as nut hugging just kidding bro!!!!!
Journeyman

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »
i always said Rampage needs atleast 3 fights in the UFC to get ready for Liddell, and on current form he doesnt stand much of a chance.

Since the UFC has the same guys fighting each other over and over, Rampage would get a rematch regardless of what happens. So, Rampage should just have 3 fights against Chuck to get ready for Chuck, and maybe by the 4th time they fight, 'Page would win.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

you do know that page kicked the shit out of chuck in pride a few years ago.

chuck gassed but still fought the same way - wide looping punches.

rampage isnt wild enough for chuck to just stand back and counterpunch. 

he also took chuck down a few times.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
you do know that page kicked the shit out of chuck in pride a few years ago.

chuck gassed but still fought the same way - wide looping punches.

rampage isnt wild enough for chuck to just stand back and counterpunch. 

he also took chuck down a few times.

chuck improveda lot since then. rampage has gone worse.
two different directions.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
You know you're a TUF fan when you bring up a 3.5 year old fight about Rampage and Liddell.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 02:21:16 PM »
You know you're a TUF fan when you bring up a 3.5 year old fight about Rampage and Liddell.

Agreed like hey 3 years can do alot for a fighter in a posstive direction but for Page it did nothing but make him worse.... I mean page did not look impressive at all .....