Author Topic: Is it worth?!  (Read 1509 times)

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Is it worth?!
« on: February 04, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »
good article I saw on another muscle board.

http://www.scottabel.blogspot.com/

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Is it worth?!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
Good article, he makes some valid points. Speaking just for myself, some of what he said in this article are things I have questioned in my own life...yes, these are negative questions that some times keep me up at night. Some times I wonder if I'm pushing a little too much, e.g. are my cycles getting out of hand, am I being responsible, etc. Whatever those answers might be, this article was good food for thought IMO.

MLAT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:20:19 PM »
Good article.  For me I try to keep my cycles and dosages pretty basic and simple.  Usually some test and deca and maybe throw in some winny.  And after each cycle I get my bloodwork done to make sure everything is ok.  I have tried to gather as much info as possible about AAS to try to make it as safe as I can. But their are always risks, which I am willing to take right now.                                                             

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »
for the past 2 years i've been battling a major health anxiety due to  a sports enchancement drugs abuse. currently i don't use anything unless I really need it ......no T3, Clen, DNP, GH, insulin etc, and with each year my cycles are getting milder and milder. Probably very soon my cycle won't be anything more than  500mg Test ew, 400mg deca ew and some Primo/Anavar.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »
Good article.  For me I try to keep my cycles and dosages pretty basic and simple.  Usually some test and deca and maybe throw in some winny.  And after each cycle I get my bloodwork done to make sure everything is ok.  I have tried to gather as much info as possible about AAS to try to make it as safe as I can. But their are always risks, which I am willing to take right now.                                                             

The thing is that there are certain types of liver nad heart conditions that wont show on EKG, and blood tests....

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 12:51:35 AM »
Interesting article, that cycle he mentioned was sick, I like the old saying "keep it simple stupid"

MLAT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 05:42:40 AM »
  The thing is that there are certain types of liver nad heart conditions that wont show on EKG, and blood tests....

That worries me alittle, but my doctor knows that I use AAS so we try to monitor everything pretty close.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »
Good article, he makes some valid points. Speaking just for myself, some of what he said in this article are things I have questioned in my own life...yes, these are negative questions that some times keep me up at night. Some times I wonder if I'm pushing a little too much, e.g. are my cycles getting out of hand, am I being responsible, etc. Whatever those answers might be, this article was good food for thought IMO.
i respect you allot and thats saying something coming from me

...but some of the cycles you guys have recommended are insane i have taken a quarter of what you guys take and from the way yall talk i have gotten the same gains as the rest of you.

is their a line that has been crossed yes

has most of the people on this board crossed it yes

but the amount of shit i see on everyones cycles here really make me think,is it just mental,genetics,or just the simple fact that most steroid bodybuilding techniques are just bullshit used by pros with shitty genetics that got passed down into the wrong hands

i am by no means hating on anyone but,i seriously think gym rats of today have a serious substance abuse problem with no grasp on moderation

bench

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »
i respect you allot and thats saying something coming from me

...but some of the cycles you guys have recommended are insane i have taken a quarter of what you guys take and from the way yall talk i have gotten the same gains as the rest of you.

is their a line that has been crossed yes

has most of the people on this board crossed it yes

but the amount of shit i see on everyones cycles here really make me think,is it just mental,genetics,or just the simple fact that most steroid bodybuilding techniques are just bullshit used by pros with shitty genetics that got passed down into the wrong hands

i am by no means hating on anyone but,i seriously think gym rats of today have a serious substance abuse problem with no grasp on moderation

bench
Care to give an example of some of the recommendations you've read on here that you disapprove of? I'd be especially interested if any of these disagreements were based on advise I've given out. As far as the advice I give out on this board, for the most part I prefer to keep it pretty simple and basic. I don't mind trying to help out someone who wants to run a more "complex" cycle but I never out-right recommend that they do so.
BTW, thanks for the compliment.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »

Who has recommended some insane cycles? I don't think either Arnold or myself has recommended anything too crazy. In fact I'd say him & I try to keep it pretty basic. But then again I don't see the need for anything to crazy - it's not like any of us are trying or going to be a pro bodybuilder.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 07:49:04 PM »
Care to give an example of some of the recommendations you've read on here that you disapprove of? I'd be especially interested if any of these disagreements were based on advise I've given out. As far as the advice I give out on this board, for the most part I prefer to keep it pretty simple and basic. I don't mind trying to help out someone who wants to run a more "complex" cycle but I never out-right recommend that they do so.

Nice post.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »
really nothing has ever been wrong,i am just saying the bodybuilding community in general takes to high of a dossage for to long of a time.

i specifically quoted you ,because you and rimbaud are really the only two guys i trust and believe on this board. i also believe you are the only two who could appreciate or grasp what i am saying without macho shit taking over

all i am saying is the amounts of gear and time periods some of these guys use crossed the line of serious abuse a long time ago,and should be addressed

just because you have the pct doesn't make it safe

bench

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »
really nothing has ever been wrong,i am just saying the bodybuilding community in general takes to high of a dossage for to long of a time.

i specifically quoted you ,because you and rimbaud are really the only two guys i trust and believe on this board. i also believe you are the only two who could appreciate or grasp what i am saying without macho shit taking over

all i am saying is the amounts of gear and time periods some of these guys use crossed the line of serious abuse a long time ago,and should be addressed

just because you have the pct doesn't make it safe

bench
I understand what you're saying...there are a lot of guys who have crossed that line. If you have a guy taking 1000mg/test 10iu/slin and 12iu/gh ed, then it's safe to say he's lost his mind and gotten his priorities way off base...that's a given.

Let me ask this; allthough some cases are easy to label as "major" abuse, where in your mind is the line? Is there a definitive point? Obviously everyones goals are a bit differant, so is this line partially determined by these goals? Or is it a set standard regardless of goals?

This is something I think about a lot. I want to be smart with what I'm doing...after all, I have no desire to end up on dialysis at age 38 with a host of other medical problems...or worse, end up dead because I was chasing something that was unattainable.

In the end, we are all responsible for the choices we make...I'm the one that has to be held accountable for my decisions. Lets just hope these decisions are prudent.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 04:51:14 AM »
I understand what you're saying...there are a lot of guys who have crossed that line. If you have a guy taking 1000mg/test 10iu/slin and 12iu/gh ed, then it's safe to say he's lost his mind and gotten his priorities way off base...that's a given.

Let me ask this; allthough some cases are easy to label as "major" abuse, where in your mind is the line? Is there a definitive point? Obviously everyones goals are a bit differant, so is this line partially determined by these goals? Or is it a set standard regardless of goals?

This is something I think about a lot. I want to be smart with what I'm doing...after all, I have no desire to end up on dialysis at age 38 with a host of other medical problems...or worse, end up dead because I was chasing something that was unattainable.

In the end, we are all responsible for the choices we make...I'm the one that has to be held accountable for my decisions. Lets just hope these decisions are prudent.

Yep agree 100%

Selene

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
Very interesting thank you for sharing, as with anything else more is not always better

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »

Thanks.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »

Nice post. I agree with all of your points.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 02:30:04 PM »
Is it worth it? In my opinion I think so. In my opinion there are a lot worse things I would be putting in my body then a little Test & Deca or something. I started taking/experimenting with gear simply for something to do (just like I why I began experimenting with other drugs years ago). Prior to doing this I did a lot of research & I don't think I've ever gotten carried away. I also don't see myself getting carried away. I figure in about five years I'll stop using but never training - I figure by that time family & such will be a much bigger priority (we'll probably have a kid or two by then so I'd guess I'll be training a little less). I'd also not want to take the risks of jail time & such. The only way I see myself continuing to use AAS is if I have the money to get them through an anti-aging clinic or something. However, time will tell. The only negative thing I noticed since taking gear has been slightly higher blood pressure but mine's been high since I was 22 (eight years now). Well, there's my ramble on this. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 07:43:36 PM »
"So after the laughter I guess comes the tearz"

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:55 PM »
Is it worth it? In my opinion I think so. In my opinion there are a lot worse things I would be putting in my body then a little Test & Deca or something. I started taking/experimenting with gear simply for something to do (just like I why I began experimenting with other drugs years ago). Prior to doing this I did a lot of research & I don't think I've ever gotten carried away. I also don't see myself getting carried away. I figure in about five years I'll stop using but never training - I figure by that time family & such will be a much bigger priority (we'll probably have a kid or two by then so I'd guess I'll be training a little less). I'd also not want to take the risks of jail time & such. The only way I see myself continuing to use AAS is if I have the money to get them through an anti-aging clinic or something. However, time will tell. The only negative thing I noticed since taking gear has been slightly higher blood pressure but mine's been high since I was 22 (eight years now). Well, there's my ramble on this. 

I dont see anything wrong with little Test and Deca too, but what many  do is called abuse.Afterall you dont get to 280 lbs, 10 bf with little test and deca. And two drugs I particularly dont like using - Clenbuterol and GH are both related to cardio myopathy, especially when combined with weight training and AAS use.