Author Topic: Charles Poliquin poking fun of Arnold's arm measurement!  (Read 32093 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Charles Poliquin poking fun of Arnold's arm measurement!
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:11 AM »
I don't know the truth, but I think the most of the competitors are lie about their arm sizes. And I don't know why...

Anyway if you have good genetics and good proportions then I don't think that you have to have a big arm size (in inches) to have a big (or big enough) looking arm onstage.

For example this year my arms were between 18.75 and 19 inches on stage. At 198-200 lbs, 5'7".

I think they're proportional, but I think I'll need much bigger arms because that's seems like a requirement on the pro stages.
You must be geneticly gifted in the arm department Steve..
Guys that out weigh you in off season weight by 20-30pds(220-230) on gear with a height of 5'9 -5'10 usely have 19 inch arms.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2009, 05:41:31 AM »
I don't know the truth, but I think the most of the competitors are lie about their arm sizes. And I don't know why...

Anyway if you have good genetics and good proportions then I don't think that you have to have a big arm size (in inches) to have a big (or big enough) looking arm onstage.

For example this year my arms were between 18.75 and 19 inches on stage. At 198-200 lbs, 5'7".

I think they're proportional, but I think I'll need much bigger arms because that's seems like a requirement on the pro stages.

Your first sentence is pretty ironic since those look like 16 inchers... ;D

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2009, 08:42:56 AM »
"Anyhow, the Olympian who keeps bragging about his arms having been over 22 inches (in fact, I think that he may have won an Olympia, or maybe two, or seven) is, in fact, pissing mighty rivers down your leg and insisting that the mother of all rain storms is upon you. At 6'1" tall, this Olympian would have had to weigh about 308 pounds for his arms to be even close to 22 inches around. However, his competition weight was roughly 235 pounds. Of course, maybe his bodyfat was minus 15%..."

Who does this clown think he is to question Arnold's integrity?

Because 'integrity' and 'Arnold' are two words that should never, ever be used in the same sentence, scholarly one

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »
i wish i had 19 inch arms...
tank u jesus

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »
People still take Poliquin seriously?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »
Who gives a fvck about Charles Poliquin?  I don't even know who this retarded, muscle schmoe is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
Who gives a fvck about Charles Poliquin?  I don't even know who this retarded, muscle schmoe is.

He's a "guru"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »
He's a "guru"

AHAHAAHAHAH!!!  a "guru"....I love that b.s. term.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2009, 11:21:30 AM »
I went to the same school as Poliquin did, at the same time early-mid 80s. If this guy's a guru then it shows just how many athletes don't know, like being led and need a personal trainer because the guy doesn't know much. Never saw him in the weight room when he weighed around 160 most of the decade, until all of sudden while revisting the playce in the late 80s finally saw him working out, he'd gained about 40 lb. quickly-i wonder how?  ::)

We had conflicting ideas of how to rearrange the school's weight room, management went with my idea over his screwy one. He didn't like me after that because he's all ego and an ahole. Then a little later, for a weight room with only some basics that really could've really used some good equipment-for example I asked regulars to chip in for a cheap preacher bench that i then bought and installed since they didn't have one-he managed to convince them to buy a fairly useless line of hydraulic air resistance equipment that even regular joes didn't use it, no one did. Just sat there collecting dust.

I think Schwarzenegger's arm was likely around 22 pumped at a higher bodyweight, consistent with what Basile measured. Arthur Jones didn't get along with Weider and had good reason to put down Weider's boys.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »
there is a video on online somewhere, pretty recent where arnold admits he has lost about half an inch in height if i remember rightly.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »
Milos' mentor I believe!!

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58:08 PM »
"Anyhow, the Olympian who keeps bragging about his arms having been over 22 inches (in fact, I think that he may have won an Olympia, or maybe two, or seven) is, in fact, pissing mighty rivers down your leg and insisting that the mother of all rain storms is upon you. At 6'1" tall, this Olympian would have had to weigh about 308 pounds for his arms to be even close to 22 inches around. However, his competition weight was roughly 235 pounds. Of course, maybe his bodyfat was minus 15%..."

arm size:bodyfat: weight: height is irrelevant ... r u Charles Poliquin said that ... or is he sure he said that

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »

seems about right. im 95kg with 17.5 arms. flat stomach so not ripped like you.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
but obviously im natural genetic freak... and youre all drugs :p

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2010, 08:09:20 AM »
 :P

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:28 AM »
Bbers lie about the size. Shocking ::)
A

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2010, 09:03:16 AM »
The way Jones measured arms would reduce all of you dumb dumb's here by 1 - 3 inches.

Also, would you be satisfied with one random arm measurement in your entire life as an accurate best? Would you like other people branding that onto you?

Oliva had more mass due to very long biceps and forearms. But this worked to his disadvantage as he could not flex an impressive peak.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:47 AM »
---------------------------------------
THE ABOVE WORDS  ARE SAID BY CHARLES POLIQUIN ....WHO BASES HIS ARGUMENTS ON THE  charts , developed by David Willoughby.
WHICH CAN BE FOUND AT ...
http://www.mm2k.com/bodybuilding-chart.html

That chart is ridiculous...with so many body shapes its impossible to generalize like that  ::)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »

yea im sure his bank account takes offense to what anyone has to say
p

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2010, 09:59:43 AM »
With a semi pump.
Arnold is god in my eyes but his arms were never that big.

19inch lean arms are 'that big' ?  ::) Ok big man

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
how big were arnold forearms . not much compare ti sipes ferrigno mentzer . gunnar rosbo and many others

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »
Poliquin is also the guy who says people should not do cardio because all his clients don't(something like that) yet he fails to leave out the part where most of his clients are top pro and amateur athletes who jump run, sprint, skate, toss, and swim and move around generally several hours a day in practice and competition hence burning 1000's of calories from just that
"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »

Pretty sure the only one who takes Poliquin seriously anymore is Milos.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »
Pretty sure the only one who takes Poliquin seriously anymore is Milos.

Mentzer wasn't a fan

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »

^^
REALLY??????? 15% ::)
See below for evidence to the contrary...