Author Topic: Clinton Promises to End War if Elected  (Read 1106 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Clinton Promises to End War if Elected
« on: February 04, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday she would not have attacked Iraq if she were president in 2002 and would end the war if elected, as she tried to blunt rivals like John Edwards who are stoking anti-war passions in the Democratic Party.

Clinton, raising her voice at one point to be heard above anti-war hecklers, suggested that calls from Edwards and others to cut off funding for President Bush's troop increase are unlikely to win approval in a narrowly divided Senate.

"Believe me, I understand the frustration and the outrage," Clinton said in a speech to the Democratic National Committee meeting that brought the party's nine White House hopefuls together for the first time. "You have to have 60 votes to cap troops, to limit funding to do anything. If we in Congress don't end this war before January 2009, as president, I will."

The New York senator's comments were her strongest against the war and signal an effort to confront one of the biggest threats to her front-runner status. As the conflict nears the four-year mark, she has been on the opposite side of the most outspoken anti-war activists who are a force in the Democratic primaries.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Clinton Promises to End War if Elected
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 08:54:42 PM »
God forbid she is elected. I'd prefer a can of creamed corn were running the country than her. This is moot anyway because her worst nightmare Obama through his hat into the ring.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »
eh, whoever cheats their way into office, nothing will change.  The Dem winner will scoot around some people then blame "new circumstances" on why we're staying.

We'll be there forever. 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
First woman/lesbian president if she gets elected.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:42:07 PM »
Hillary is a liar. 

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:19:33 AM »
God forbid she is elected. I'd prefer a can of creamed corn were running the country than her. This is moot anyway because her worst nightmare Obama through his hat into the ring.

That's what we have now in the form of Bush/Cheney.  I'll go with Hillary.   Women are good at cleaning up messes that men leave behind.  :D