Author Topic: *****HOOKER - Nolvadex vs Clomid*****  (Read 1925 times)

4thAD

*****HOOKER - Nolvadex vs Clomid*****
« on: February 05, 2007, 01:49:45 AM »
In clinical studies does Nolva increase both LH and testosterone? I have read that clomid does both. I personally will not use clomid as the sides of blurry vision, depression, make it not worth it for me, when Nolvadex works just fine. My vision is an extremely important factor in my life. I have researched PubMed and cant seem to find an answer on this subject. Any knowledge you might share would be greatly appreciated.

Also why is Nolvadex your personal choice for PCT over Clomid?

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Re: *****HOOKER - Nolvadex vs Clomid*****
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »
you can email him and he answers all his emails. I can tell you that it takes way more clomid than nolva to do the same thing, therefore most find it more effective. However, many use nolva in conjunction with clomid during PCT, and where there is no science to back up this synergistic approach, many belive strongly in it. I personally will not do a PCT that does not include both nolva AND clomid. I have seen in my experience that I recover better when using both.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »
Yes, in clinical studies Nolvadex increases LH and testosterone. 20mgs of Nolvadex is equal to 150mgs of Clomid for that purpose.

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 05:33:23 AM »
Thanx John, thanx Hooker. Can you tell me where I can read about this?

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 06:18:42 AM »
My vision is an extremely important factor in my life.

Keep in mind that Nolvadex also can cause blurry vision.  There is no question in my mind that my visual acuity is affected during my PCT, and I only run it at 20mg per day.

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 06:39:29 AM »
Thanx John, thanx Hooker. Can you tell me where I can read about this?

Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7.

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

* Vermeulen A,
        * Comhaire F.

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

4thAD

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
Thanks bro I really appreciate your help. Really nice to have you here.