Author Topic: ASC more prestigious? NOT!  (Read 2561 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
ASC more prestigious? NOT!
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:20:32 PM »
After reading through the trash mag MD while taking a crap last night, all of the competitors were asked by Wheeler which contest was better, ASC or Olympia and Dexter replies by saying the ACS because its more prestigious. WHAT?  Come one man.  The ASC is like the NCAA national championship and the Olympia is like the Super Bowl.

Trust me on this one.  When the ASC champ is in a banquet and everyone is asking questions and giving him attention and then the Olympia champ walks in, they all run to him and leave the ASC champ standing alone near the punch bowl.  It's just the way it is. 

Dex, get over it.  You are not the best bodybuilder in the world, so stop crying like a little baby.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: ASC more prestigious? NOT!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

It's the 2nd biggest and most prestigious competition among the IFBB.

It may be well and even better organized and it might be more FUN to participate in and the 'athletes' might have a better expierence but at the end of the day...'Mr. Olympia' has a more important ring to it than 'ASC Champ'.

In the WWE...it's like the World Champion...and the Intercontinental Champion.
?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 01:03:58 PM »

Both are great and funs shows!  The expo is bigger at the Arnold, and there are a lot more people, but 80% of the people are not bodybuilding oriented (aka, cheerleading, ping pong, karate, and 25 other competitions). Still, 100,000+ people go to this expo and events, which makes for the 2nd largest event in Columbus, Ohio, and one of the best. The Arnold rivals the Olympia in terms of prize money, although in recent years, the Olympia has generated some of the highest prize money ever.

The Olympia crowd is more bodybuilding oriented, about 25,000+, but 80% here are for bodybuilding, this making this event a more prestigous event for the bodybuilding crowd. It features the top bodybuilders of the world, and is considered the crowning acheivement of bodybuilding.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »

Yes but it has been said that the Olympia has ONLY started to give more prize money is to compete and get another 'leg-up' on the ASc.

The only way on earth the ASC will become better/more prestigious is for all the TOP guys including Jay and Ronnie to gun for the ASC crown...and for the Olympia...have a Ronnie or Jay sit out and usher in a few 'lesser' guys.

?

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »

Both are great and funs shows!  The expo is bigger at the Arnold, and there are a lot more people, but 80% of the people are not bodybuilding oriented (aka, cheerleading, ping pong, karate, and 25 other competitions). Still, 100,000+ people go to this expo and events, which makes for the 2nd largest event in Columbus, Ohio, and one of the best. The Arnold rivals the Olympia in terms of prize money, although in recent years, the Olympia has generated some of the highest prize money ever.

The Olympia crowd is more bodybuilding oriented, about 25,000+, but 80% here are for bodybuilding, this making this event a more prestigous event for the bodybuilding crowd. It features the top bodybuilders of the world, and is considered the crowning acheivement of bodybuilding.

Ron, I'm not disagreeing with your post - but find it hard to believe that 25,000 go to Vegas for the O.  I have been to Vegas for the O and also other trade shows.  There is no way 25,000 go but only 6500 go to the show.  I have been to shows with 25000 people, the O isn't close (or it wouldn't be held at the Mardi Gras Hotel).
Motherboy (the band).

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:20:34 PM »
25,000+ for the expo, held at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Only 6,500+ went to the finals. The Orleans Arena can hold close to 8,800 people.

At the Arnold Classic, it is 100,000+ to the expo, but but only about 3,000 people go to the finals. And since the Veterans only holds about 3,000 people, it is always sold out. Which makes the Arnold Classic a very hard ticket to get.

Hope that explains it better... expo vs. actual contest.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »
the arnold simply doesnt have jay and ronnie. So people consider it more fair of a show. i think the competition is alot more interesting. I look at it as the better show
-

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 10:45:20 PM »

absolutely correct.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »
but i have one thing to say that winner of the arnold gets more than the winner of the olympia

arnold winner gets a hummer,rolex and 100,000$ cash prize

olympia winner gets 155,000$ cash prize....

so i think so the arnold winner gets more than the olympia winner
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 04:38:41 AM »
Yes but it has been said that the Olympia has ONLY started to give more prize money is to compete and get another 'leg-up' on the ASc.

The only way on earth the ASC will become better/more prestigious is for all the TOP guys including Jay and Ronnie to gun for the ASC crown...and for the Olympia...have a Ronnie or Jay sit out and usher in a few 'lesser' guys.

Exactly, and when i was stipulated that Arnold could give out more money than the Olympia, he started giving away a Hummer, and then a Rolex.

There is alot more international Press coverage of the ASC, due to Arnold's star power. Plus, with 100,000+ going to the Expo, more people are exposed to the bodybuilding lifestyle. If Veteran's held 8,000, chances are it will still be sold out, or 10,000. I think that is why it was rumored that the Arnold expo and contest might move to a larger place.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 05:29:08 AM »
The ASC is like the NCAA national championship and the Olympia is like the Super Bowl.

You're right. That's a good analogy.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 05:33:30 AM »
The ASC is a better expo. 

Not really. For some reason, they're pretty anal about how many free supplements to give out. The Olympia expo, on the other hand, is a FREE FOR ALL. They're literally helping you stuff your duffle bag with all sorts of free shit -- supplements that'll last you for a year!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 05:51:47 AM »
but i have one thing to say that winner of the arnold gets more than the winner of the olympia

don't worry shadow, no Indian will ever win either. It's hard to build good muscle mass on rat meat and rat milk whey

hope this helps
Here comes the money shot

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »
don't worry shadow, no Indian will ever win either. It's hard to build good muscle mass on rat meat and rat milk whey

hope this helps

;D ;D ;D ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »
IMO, we already know who the top 2 at the O will be this year.

But the Arnold?  Heath, Dex, Vic M, Branch... any of these guys could win, or be 6th.  Anyone has a legit chance if they come in full and without water.  At the O, Dex or Melvin could being a lifetime best and it'd still end up with the Cutler/COleman fairy tale finish.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 06:54:41 AM »

The expo is bigger at the Arnold, and there are a lot more people, but 80% of the people are not bodybuilding oriented (aka, cheerleading, ping pong, karate, and 25 other competitions).

The Olympia crowd is more bodybuilding oriented, about 25,000+, but 80% here are for bodybuilding

=    There’s a lot more homosexuals at the Olympia
tiny-tit bounty hunter

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 07:07:24 AM »
=    There’s a lot more homosexuals at the Olympia

you were funnier when you had that avator with that guy playing the drums
Here comes the money shot

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:23:12 AM »
25,000+ for the expo, held at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Only 6,500+ went to the finals. The Orleans Arena can hold close to 8,800 people.

At the Arnold Classic, it is 100,000+ to the expo, but but only about 3,000 people go to the finals. And since the Veterans only holds about 3,000 people, it is always sold out. Which makes the Arnold Classic a very hard ticket to get.

Hope that explains it better... expo vs. actual contest.

Thanks for the clarification.

Kind of sad though - looks like the vast majority of people at the expos could care less about the actual show.  When 97% of the ASC crowd doesn't go to the show, that's sad.  Maybe it should be renamed the "The cheerleading/karate/skateboarding show (w/bbing side show)"
Motherboy (the band).

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 01:47:39 PM »

no because you need to pay taxes on that car/rolex (and the money) so you'll actually take a loss on those items (since the taxable value is based on what they'd cost new, even though the car loses a huge percent of value the moment it leaves the lot)