Author Topic: Beanpot  (Read 1650 times)

body88

Beanpot
« on: February 05, 2007, 02:13:59 PM »
BU vs Northeastern under way right now. Scoreless early in the 1st period.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Beanpot
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »
A Beanpot thread, I love it. LOL

I wonder if most of the people on the board know what the Beanpot is? This is a big tourny for you body since you graduated from BU.

body88

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »
Yes, that and the sheer domination BU has enjoyed in the tournie ;) College hockey fans know about this tournie!!! A lot of the best teams in the nation are from NE. 8 of the top 20 teams in the nation are from NE schools. Including number 1 unh!

Score still zilch, zilch  >:(

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »
True, it always used to seem that the beanpot schools have very good if not excellent teams. Of course some were better than others but BU and BC in particular always seemed to be excellent, Harvard and NU not so much. Maybe that's just my perception though.

Aren't there great hockey schools out in the Midwest, like Minnesota or Michigan schools?

body88

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 02:51:31 PM »
True, it always used to seem that the beanpot schools have very good if not excellent teams. Of course some were better than others but BU and BC in particular always seemed to be excellent, Harvard and NU not so much. Maybe that's just my perception though.

Aren't there great hockey schools out in the Midwest, like Minnesota or Michigan schools?

Yes, Notre Dame is # 2 in the nation right now. Michigan state,Denver, Minnesota, Michigan etc etc. New Hampshire is ranked #1 right now. NU has a great, freshman goaltender this year. Pretty crazy 8 of the top 20 teams are from the same clump of states in NE. Like that every year. You are correct BU and BC have always have great teams. I think the last time NU won the beanpot was in 87. BU is ranked 8th in the nation right now  >:( The Terriors took a huge hit losing last years rookie of the year  Brandon Yip, to injury this year.

body88

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »
Macarther scoreeeeeeessss, on the second power play.

body88

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 03:12:14 PM »
Roche scoresssssss right after the first goal on the break away   2 - 0

body88

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »
Haha, NU just gave BU a 5 on three advantage, with dumb penalties!

body88

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 04:25:53 PM »
BU wins 4 - 0, to the beanpot we go! Time for BC/ Harvard.