Author Topic: Worthless Supplements  (Read 100020 times)

Rapture

• Getbig IV
  • 100% Jesus crew member
Re: Worthless Supplements
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 09:21:44 AM »
what is Arginine good for?  ???
to get a boner?  ???
100% Jesus crew member

MartiniMan

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 09:30:28 AM »
Jackel ....

Why do you list Boldione as a worthless supplement?

For my first ProHormone cycle I stayed on the softer side, to get my body used to them, and stacked 1-Test with Boldione (1, 4AD) with good results.   In addition, the reason I used Boldione was at the request of GiJoe, who as you know has quite a bit of experience with ProHormones and mentioned to me he had great results as well from it.

Just curious ....

The Jackel

• Getbig IV
  • Eat, Sleep, Train
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2004, 09:41:35 AM »
I personally do not have any experience with Boldione.  I have just taken the word of other members that it was an ineffective supp, so I listed it and no one rebutted it until now.  Anyone else on there experience with Boldione.
Get Big  Stay Big

2bad

• Getbig III
  • We dont take steroids anymore.....or any less!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2004, 10:27:23 AM »
Non-recommended Supplements

Cell Tech (over priced)
Muscle Tech (over priced)
HMB
Carb Blockers
Myostatin Inhibitors
NO2
Some Thermogenics
Andro Poppers
Most Protein bars
Fizgen ON Cycle HC
1-TU
Z-test
Boldione

Good Supplements

L-arginine
1AD
M1T
Nitrix
Glutamine
BCAA's
Nlarge II

Thanks to Squats Rule for the idea and for all those others who put in.  Also if you see something here you disagree with or know of any other supplements you have tried that are useless or way to expensive for what you get please post.  Also add supplements that you have had good results form.

I dont want to sound funny but 1TU worked wonders for me, also cell tech even overpriced worked for me at half the recommended dose!!! with only 3 days loading !!! but I agree with the rest

also I like to use after max  optimal nutrition
Peace from Greece

Purge_WTF

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2004, 10:58:22 AM »
I personally do not have any experience with Boldione.  I have just taken the word of other members that it was an ineffective supp, so I listed it and no one rebutted it until now.  Anyone else on there experience with Boldione.

I vehemently disgaree with that. Boldione is one of my favorite supplements.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2004, 01:37:22 PM »

I vehemently disgaree with that. Boldione is one of my favorite supplements.

Then, you're in luck, President Purge. Word has it that MuscleTech will be releasing its own Boldione supplement, called BOLDI-TECH. So you know it will work at least 1800% better than regular Boldione.

;D

Muscle Bunny

• Getbig III
  • my ass
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 02:48:11 AM »
Hey Guys , have some newbie questions here

I was wondering why NO2 and protein bars were on the list , must admit that I don't know MO2 not that good but never heard anything negative either.

As for the proteine bars , they might not be as good as some natural protein ( tuna , chicken) and also as the Proteine pouders but for me it is damn handy to take it to my gym and have one directly after my work out since i do not wish to have a blender , botle of milk and a box  of protein pouder with me ??

ciao

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 03:11:14 AM »

LOL! Wasn't it 2400%?

That's the "new and improved" BOLDI-TECH which will come out in about two years!!

;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2004, 03:26:28 AM »
Hey Guys , have some newbie questions here

I was wondering why NO2 and protein bars were on the list , must admit that I don't know MO2 not that good but never heard anything negative either.

As for the proteine bars , they might not be as good as some natural protein ( tuna , chicken) and also as the Proteine pouders but for me it is damn handy to take it to my gym and have one directly after my work out since i do not wish to have a blender , botle of milk and a box  of protein pouder with me ??

ciao

I didn't notice that (too busy informing President Purge about BOLDI-TECH). Protein bars are far from worthless to me. In fact, I just bought another box of them. My favorite is Bio-Protein by MLO. They taste great and they are cheap. Where I buy them, they're a mere $0.75 each, as compared to Myoplex bars which are $1.90. Bio-Protein bars have 21 grams of protein each, not bad considering the Myolplex ones cost over twice as much yet have a mere three extra grams of protein.

In fact, one way to get a quick protein meal is to eat a Bio-Protein bar with a glass of milk (especially if you try the Honey Peanut Yogurt ones; they're yummy but dry your throat quickly).

As for your NO2 question, I honestly don't know how good it is, as I've haven't really used it. The only time I've tried this supplement is when I've done so indirectly via NITRO-TECH. However, I may be able to give you an assessment in a few weeks. I just bought some NITRO-TECH, but I only plan to use one serving per day, until the next payday or two when I can buy the bigger size container.

Muscle Bunny

• Getbig III
  • my ass
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2004, 03:42:17 AM »
Thanks MC , I'm glad you mentioned the number of grams protein per bar because I'm buying bars from Real Protein ( Nature's best) and the contain also 21 grams which i thought was very minimalistic if i compared them with the other brands I found via www.bodybuilding.com.

I must say mine are very expensive , about 3 euro per piece

Kolodka

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2004, 06:19:55 AM »
you said NO2 was a worthless supplement and L-arginine was a good one but isnt      L-arginine  the main ingridient in NO2

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2004, 09:11:54 AM »
Thanks MC , I'm glad you mentioned the number of grams protein per bar because I'm buying bars from Real Protein ( Nature's best) and the contain also 21 grams which i thought was very minimalistic if i compared them with the other brands I found via www.bodybuilding.com.

I must say mine are very expensive , about 3 euro per piece

I don't know what the conversion rate is, but BROTHER!!! that's rather steep for a protein powder. If you can find the MLO Bio-Protein bars (and they're as economical where you are as they are here in the states), I'd suggest you give them a try.

With the prices I've seen with the prices here, I can get two Bio-Protein bars for less than one Myoplex bar.

Muscle Bunny

• Getbig III
  • my ass
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2004, 12:00:57 PM »
 :-[ it si very difficult to get the brands I would like to buy and it is going to get worse i'm afraid at the end of this year I'm moving to switzerland and life is threee times more expensive over there , so i guess all my money will go to proteine bars in future  :-\

My life is over  :'(

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2004, 10:15:07 AM »
Hey Muscle Bunny, I live in Switzerland too, and I order all my stuff via vitaminshoppe.com or bodybuilding.com, and believe me, even if the shipping charges are expensive, you still save a lot of money, because the stuff here is pretty expensive.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2004, 01:13:34 PM »
Hey Tubbs nice to know , I'm moving over beginning of next year probably in Tun , near Bern.  8)

Vitamin Shoppe is an excellent choice, given your circumstances. I shopped there quite a bit when I was in Orlando (Florida). Though I still live in the Sunshine State, my current location has no Vitamin Shoppe. So, what I would do is load up when I went to Orlando to visit (my wife has friends and relatives there). Since we visit an average of once a month, I'd just get a month's worth of my favorite supplements, mainly N-Large2.

They usually have a number of protein bars on sale. If you can order the MLO Bio-Protein bars, get them. I'm sure they're economical. Order some of your other supplements, too, if feasible.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2004, 11:47:05 PM »
you said NO2 was a worthless supplement and L-arginine was a good one but isnt      L-arginine  the main ingridient in NO2

l-arginine is the sole molecule that produces Nitric Oxide in the body.

Hope That Helps,
Judi  :)
www.jaguarenterprises.org
With Good Nutrition, ...Good Things Happen!
w

big g man

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2004, 02:49:24 PM »
 8) bro, i respectfully disagree that HMB is completely worthless. i used it hen it first came out 10 years ago, and i was a newbie back then, i did put on some size, but i stacked it with creatine and vanadyl sulfate. just my opinion, ok? it's not totally worthless if you are new to bb.

slicer

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2004, 07:33:26 AM »
HMB is good, methyoxy is very good, suma root is a madman. Anyone ever try RNA/DNA supplements?

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2004, 10:45:18 AM »
HMB..I also had/have good results with it, good for recuperation!

Mountain_Goat

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2004, 07:23:05 AM »
Non-recommended Supplements

Cell Tech (over priced)
Muscle Tech (over priced)
HMB
Carb Blockers
Myostatin Inhibitors
NO2 (just get some L-arginine)
Some Thermogenics
Andro Poppers
Most Protein bars
Fizgen ON Cycle HC
1-TU
Z-test
Boldione

Good Supplements

L-arginine
1AD
M1T
Nitrix
Glutamine
BCAA's
Nlarge II

Thanks to Squats Rule for the idea and for all those others who put in.  Also if you see something here you disagree with or know of any other supplements you have tried that are useless or way to expensive for what you get please post.  Also add supplements that you have had good results form.

Jackel, I have a question. You put NO2 in the worthless list but have Nitrix in the recommended list. Aren't they the same thing?
Lift Big, Get Big

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2004, 01:38:49 PM »
I think any kind of thermogenic is a waste of money. I've tried the Cytodine and EAS options and none of them work. All they do is suck money out of your wallet. When I was on them I did not feel any different and I was not seeing any results.
I love me some me!!!

Gavin Rossdale

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2004, 09:09:08 PM »
Try Nutrex Creatine Vitargo CGL.....really good stufff.....little pricey....then get optimum pro complex....choose any flavor....both are good.....then add a twinlab multi-vitamin......that is all u need should last you about 5 weeks...maybe......it will costs around 75$ for that stuff...from mass nutrution....works really good.....till next time keep everything zen!~!~

dirty_martini

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2004, 03:18:17 AM »
i havent noticed any talk about ZMA, CLA, or Tribulus....

what is everyones feelings on that?

gunnz

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2004, 07:14:35 AM »
i havent noticed any talk about ZMA, CLA, or Tribulus....

what is everyones feelings on that?

ZMA-good
CLA-ok for cutting diets
Tribulus-? It is cheap, so I take it between PH cycles

Brolly

• Getbig IV
  • Dick for days, Ass for weeks
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2004, 09:11:45 AM »
I use ZMA for all year around.
Tribus for PCT
CLA is bogus! :-\