Author Topic: Worthless Supplements  (Read 99988 times)

shammy95

• Getbig II
  • I'm here to pump...YOU UP!
Re: Worthless Supplements
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2004, 05:31:37 PM »
ZMA gives me terrible headaches (yes I drink plenty of water)

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2004, 08:49:22 PM »
add everything from muscletech to the list of shitty supps.

Accually, IMO some of Muscletech's products are pretty decent. They're just overpriced.
Team Testosterone

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2004, 03:40:36 PM »
I really rate Dorian Yates Approved Chemical Nutrition supplements especially Pro-Mass,Pro-Peptide and Pro-Recover.Not the cheapest but excellent quality-are they popular in the States?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2004, 07:40:15 PM »
Vanadyl is the bomb
!!! ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2004, 05:01:26 PM »
Accually, IMO some of Muscletech's products are pretty decent. They're just overpriced.

I totally agree but they're also overhyped. I especially hate those six pages ads.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2004, 06:52:19 AM »
Musco MXT.

Remember that stuff from the 80s?

They're STILL advertising that mysterious substance.

yig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2004, 10:35:10 PM »
I think any kind of thermogenic is a waste of money. I've tried the Cytodine and EAS options and none of them work. All they do is suck money out of your wallet. When I was on them I did not feel any different and I was not seeing any results.

Are you talking about thermogenics with ephedra?  If so, then I respectfully submit that you're out of your mind.  I miss ephedra.  Ephedrine was the only supplement that actually did something.  I miss it so much.

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2004, 02:46:25 PM »

Are you talking about thermogenics with ephedra?  If so, then I respectfully submit that you're out of your mind.  I miss ephedra.  Ephedrine was the only supplement that actually did something.  I miss it so much.

You can still buy ephedra bro. They sell it in OTC asthma meds and also they sell a supplement online called VasoPro and it contains ephedra in it.
Team Testosterone

koolie

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2004, 07:36:25 PM »
It's not ephedra, it's ephedrine dude- get them right. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM MUSCLETECH

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2004, 08:53:30 PM »
It's not ephedra, it's ephedrine dude- get them right. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM MUSCLETECH

Accually it's Ephedrine HCL. Nevertheless, Ephedra and Ephedrine are essentially the same substance.
Team Testosterone

BishopLord

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2004, 10:49:09 PM »
I have a bottle of Ephedrine HCL before it got banned and I am sure glad that I never threw it away after the expiration date.  Last Friday when I was just about to doze off, I had an asthma attack.  I hadn't had an attack like that since varsity football practice in HS.  I took one of the Ephedrine pills and 10 minutes later I was breathing freely again.

koolie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2004, 04:56:24 PM »

Accually it's Ephedrine HCL. Nevertheless, Ephedra and Ephedrine are essentially the same substance.

Only to people who dont know anything about supplements

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2004, 09:42:04 PM »

Only to people who dont know anything about supplements

Do some research before you post next time, they are the same thing.
Team Testosterone

Soldier of Iron

• Getbig IV
  • Back Once Again
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2004, 01:45:42 PM »
I used to use nitirx but it didnt do much for me. I guess different people have different reactions. I use ZMA and it is seems to be the wonder supplement for me. It really does a lot to boost my test levels naturally. I recommmend it to anyone.

troppo

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2005, 07:55:16 AM »
Anyone tried CellMass from BSN?
Good or Bad?
As a newbie to BB I am looking for something to help build a bit of muscle but not get huge.

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2005, 09:07:32 PM »

like I said, only to people (and moderators) who dont know anything about supplements- dont be mad, just go educate yourself.

Ok koolie. We here at getbig are so fortunate to have such a knowledgable person as yourself here to enlighten us.  ::)
Team Testosterone

Herkos

• Getbig I
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2005, 11:08:39 AM »

Vitamin Shoppe is an excellent choice, given your circumstances. I shopped there quite a bit when I was in Orlando (Florida). Though I still live in the Sunshine State, my current location has no Vitamin Shoppe. So, what I would do is load up when I went to Orlando to visit (my wife has friends and relatives there). Since we visit an average of once a month, I'd just get a month's worth of my favorite supplements, mainly N-Large2.

They usually have a number of protein bars on sale. If you can order the MLO Bio-Protein bars, get them. I'm sure they're economical. Order some of your other supplements, too, if feasible.

I am also a fan of the MLO bars. They sell them for $.99 a piece at my local grocery store.  They are definately the best tasting of any bar I've tried. (Peanut Butter Chocolate!)

Big Brain

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2005, 11:12:31 AM »

like I said, only to people (and moderators) who dont know anything about supplements- dont be mad, just go educate yourself.

Education:

What is Ephedrine, Ephedra and Ma Huang?

These terms are used to refer to the same substance derived from the plant Ephedra. (There are many common names for these evergreen plants, including squaw tea and Mormon tea.) Ephedra is a shrub-like plant that is found in desert regions in central Asia and other parts of the world. The dried greens of the plant are used medicinally. Ephedra is a stimulant containing the herbal form of ephedrine, an FDA-regulated drug found in over-the-counter asthma medications.

In the United States, ephedra and ephedrine are sold in health food stores under a variety of brand names. Ephedrine is widely used for weight loss, as an energy booster, and to enhance athletic performance. These products often contain other stimulants, such as caffeine, which may have synergistic effects and increase the potential for adverse effects. Ephedra is often touted as the "herbal fen-phen."

Ephedra's main active medical ingredients are the alkaloids ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. The ephedras also contain various tannins and related chemicals.The stem contains 1-3% total alkaloids, with ephedrine accounting for 30-90% of this total. The concentrations of these alkaloids depends upon the particular species of ephedra used.

Brolly

• Getbig IV
  • Dick for days, Ass for weeks
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2005, 07:50:59 PM »
You know for some reason Ephedra has become the talk of the Boards, from this thread to four in steriods [HARDCORE], gossip, opinion, and even Sex [sexy,sexier].

Like holy shit. I don't see why you guyz find it so hard to get this product, I guess it is just like me (canadian)  trying to get some prohormones.

[attachment deleted by admin]
GspotRocksGspot

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2005, 02:44:18 AM »
I would have to say Cell Tech is way over priced.  Nothing more than pure creatine with grape juice.  I've taken both and there is NO difference.  Just 4x the cost with Cell Tech.  I use Nitro Tech now and it's just a protein powder in short.  Reasonably priced I'd say.  63 servings of 20g for $45.  Not so bad.
N

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2005, 08:25:57 AM »

I am also a fan of the MLO bars. They sell them for $.99 a piece at my local grocery store.  They are definately the best tasting of any bar I've tried. (Peanut Butter Chocolate!)

I agree. I normally get them for the same price. However, there are a few places where I can buy them for $0.75 each. Either way, I've yet to find a bar that tastes better, has a decent amount of protein (21 grams) and is that affordable. My favorite flavor is Cookies and Creme. However, as good as it tastes, that particular flavored bar will dry your throat out quickly.

So, I usually wash it down some milk. A 20-oz. glass of moo juice along with a Bio-Protein bar gives you a quick 41 grams of protein. Besides, cookies and milk go hand in hand, anyway.

;D

goatboyIII

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2005, 06:25:32 PM »
Nearly all bodybuilding supplements are "worthless", so much so that it seems ridiculous to have an entire forum dedicated to them.

Protein powder can be useful as a convenience, but it's really no different than what you're getting from meat and eggs.

Creatine is effective for some people in getting an extra rep or two out of your sets, but the difference in your overall results is marginal at best.

Vitamins/minerals are always a good idea for overall health, but they won't improve your bodybuilding results.

Anything else, don't waste your money. Ephedra was very effective for fat loss, but of course you can't buy it anymore. No matter what anyone says, BCAA's and Glutamine are just protein, and if you're getting enough protein overall you're already getting these amino acids. "Growth hormone releasers" are a joke... if you want GH, buy the real stuff and inject it. Tribulus and other things purported to increase test levels are also a joke.. if you want test, buy it and inject it. Some of the other whacko things out there like "myostatin blockers", "isoflavones", and etc are pure snake oil.

There are supplements like fish oil, Co-q10, ala, etc that have useful applications for health, but again are worthless for bodybuilding.

GNC should just close its doors and save everyone a lot of trouble.  ::)

~geo~

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2005, 06:49:15 PM »
Nearly all bodybuilding supplements are "worthless", so much so that it seems ridiculous to have an entire forum dedicated to them.

agreed but glutamine (if you take enough) does cut back on DOMS (at least a day) for me....

I've cut weight with it and I've cut weight without it and I definetly keep my numbers alot longer with it...

it's just expensive and newby's don't understand that 10 grams a day is'nt gonna do shit for them...

ephedra

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »
I miss the appetite reducing effect and added energy I got from ephedra.  I've tried the new "ephedra - free" thermos and they are no where near as effective. :'(

I found the "Dyma Burn Extreme",  "Kranker" and "Stacker 2"  brands particularly effective.  I never tried Xenadrine or Hydroxycut but I would think that they too worked well.  All of these products had additional ingredients such as willow bark, carnitine and yohimbe which probably made them work better. :o

Are these particular products still being manufactured ?  Are they still legal in countries other than the U.S. ? ???

I've tried the "Vaso Pro" product.  It does not work as well as the products listed above even though it has 25 Mg's. of ephedrine HCL ( I wonder why?)  - it is superior, however, to the "ephedra-free" thermos currently available. :-\

mastover

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2005, 01:40:28 PM »
No matter what anyone says, BCAA's and Glutamine are just protein, and if you're getting enough protein overall you're already getting these amino acids.

Not if you're a natural bodybuilder who is pre-contest.