Author Topic: Record Cold Raises No Questions; Polar Bear Photo a Fraud  (Read 2918 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: Record Cold Raises No Questions; Polar Bear Photo a Fraud
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 09:06:12 AM »
I don't believe it will effect them any worse than it will effect us......I'm not going to let the obsession take over my life, and yes, it's an obsession, I'm not saying I won't do my part, but you won't see me running out and buying some little Honda Prius or something like that!

Considering where you live, I highly doubt you have climate-induced inconveniences (yet), such as suddenly dealing with extremely high winds and city-stopping ice storms when there used to be snowfall, (which the communities are used to handling)... or snow-fall and frost, where traditionally there hasn't been any, causing huge profit losses for many farmers... or record-breaking heat waves, such as in Europe, where the communities are not equipped with adequate air conditioning and the resultant death toll, worker inefficiency, blah, blah, blah. No one's asking you to go out and buy a Prius... just don't go on about something you know nothing about.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 09:13:49 AM »
Considering where you live, I highly doubt you have climate-induced inconveniences (yet), such as suddenly dealing with extremely high winds and city-stopping ice storms when there used to be snowfall, (which the communities are used to handling)... or snow-fall and frost, where traditionally there hasn't been any, causing huge profit losses for many farmers... or record-breaking heat waves, such as in Europe, where the communities are not equipped with adequate air conditioning and the resultant death toll, worker inefficiency, blah, blah, blah. No one's asking you to go out and buy a Prius... just don't go on about something you know nothing about.

You don't follow the news here in California do you? Just last month we had record cold temps that wiped out almost a billion dollars worth of crops, I thisnk it was either last year or the year before we had record high temps....Deedee, we have everything you just described........it's a weather cycle, Global Warming or not it would have eventually happend anyway!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 09:25:31 AM »
You don't follow the news here in California do you? Just last month we had record cold temps that wiped out almost a billion dollars worth of crops, I thisnk it was either last year or the year before we had record high temps....Deedee, we have everything you just described........it's a weather cycle, Global Warming or not it would have eventually happend anyway!

Yes, I do follow the news... do you know how much I'm paying for frickin' avocadoes these days? Did these weather calamities put your life in danger in any way? Not really.  But in certain parts of the world, these weather changes already do endanger people, as well as their environments. The point is, climate change is not a "political" issue. It doesn't matter what's causing the change... there may very well be a "natural" explanation for it. However, we do have the technology and knowledge to help mitigate the effects of climate on people/animals/flaura and fauna.  This Rush/right wing strategy of all-out Middle Ages style denial that anything is happening at all, is ludicrous.