Author Topic: Is Flex better than MD again ?  (Read 6123 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Is Flex better than MD again ?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
I was buying MD faithfully in '05 and the beginning of '06, but I stopped when the ads reached 3/4 of the magazine and remaining 1/4 consisted of Valentino's column and another spread on Gustavo Badell.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »
ya they got better again. The public ghostwriting and mumbo palumbo, and the oilbag have turned that magazine to shit. Get lee back, - a few ads and stop signing every next big thing!
I agree with this. It makes the magazine BORING! They sign and give a collumn to EVERY single guy who wins their PRO CARD and especially if they're from the East Coast. I know they want to help their own but for fux sakes! Out of all the 'Ask The Pros' collumns...maybe only Dave Palumbos' is worth reading.

This month we get an interview with Dexter Jackson...in that interview he talks about how he diets only for like 3 weeks and does only a week of cardio to get in shape. Then in his collumn...he answers a question about dieting/cardio. It just seems so fake and like such an oxymoron.

Who the fawk wants to read about what Desmond Miller has to say? Gustavo Badell? They're GONE as soon as the next guy is touted as the next big thing or wins their Pro-card. Watch and see how Trey Brewer gets a collum when he goes PRO...and watch how Gustavo is DROPPED.

?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »
what happened dudes, when I came on this board this summer MD was like the best and everyone was ragging on Flex. What happened since then?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 11:13:14 AM »
I do have an MD subscription, and I've recently thought about cancelling, not for the lack of content, but for the online issues.

However, I think I'm going to keep it, but I think I may subscribe to MuscleMag for a change of pace... Everyone says they've been putting out a better product, so I'm going to check them out.

Everything is cyclical... it's all about what you want... I'm tired of the same workouts from the same people and no honesty about drugs... THAT is the only reason I think Flex has fallen off... They just need to tell the truth about the drugs.

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
when they had paul dillet a few years ago the mag was at its prime.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »
I'm tired of the same workouts from the same people and no honesty about drugs... THAT is the only reason I think Flex has fallen off... They just need to tell the truth about the drugs.

Every now and then they'll run an article on some pro who fu#ked up his health. I personally don't need any other kind of drug articles.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
Every now and then they'll run an article on some pro who fu#ked up his health. I personally don't need any other kind of drug articles.

I understand... I just happen to fall on the other side of the fence on the drug issue... no hate.

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »
Put it this way. They cancel a guy working for them that is one of the top 10 best bodybuilders in the world. However, they are willing to keep guys on their staff that make a total mockery and laughingstock out of the sport like Gregg Valentino. How much credibility can a magazine like that have? The other thing is, half the comments by the pros contradict what they said in an earlier "interview". Makes you wonder who is writing the stuff. Lastly, I've never met anyone yet who says, "boy I can't wait to get home and read all of these advertisements".

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 11:45:26 AM »
Put it this way. They cancel a guy working for them that is one of the top 10 best bodybuilders in the world. However, they are willing to keep guys on their staff that make a total mockery and laughingstock out of the sport like Gregg Valentino. How much credibility can a magazine like that have? The other thing is, half the comments by the pros contradict what they said in an earlier "interview". Makes you wonder who is writing the stuff. Lastly, I've never met anyone yet who says, "boy I can't wait to get home and read all of these advertisements".

Well, I don't disagree with your points on the surface... As far as the Lee Priest issue goes (I'm sure that's the top 10 BB... but I could be wrong)

I still think that whole thing was too much mouth and attitude from Lee... which caused that unfortunate incident.

Now, do I think Lee had a point, yes... He wanted to talk about the PDI, and they wanted him to not... which I totally disagree with... However, he didn't really handle it perfectly, and was therefore canned.

Now, as far as hiring every new guy who comes along, I do agree with that... They hire everyone who gets a pro card and most don't end up being the end all be all they are made out to be.

Gregg, well, I used to really hate Valvolino, and I never read his article, but I'll say if anyone has had a positive outcome from the MD boards, it's him... Their board has really shown me that Valentino is a really decent guy... sure, he did his crime, and he had some issues... but he really seems to be upfront and honest and that has given me a new found respect for him.

The board did that for him...

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 11:54:47 AM »
Well, I don't disagree with your points on the surface... As far as the Lee Priest issue goes (I'm sure that's the top 10 BB... but I could be wrong)

I still think that whole thing was too much mouth and attitude from Lee... which caused that unfortunate incident.

Now, do I think Lee had a point, yes... He wanted to talk about the PDI, and they wanted him to not... which I totally disagree with... However, he didn't really handle it perfectly, and was therefore canned.

Now, as far as hiring every new guy who comes along, I do agree with that... They hire everyone who gets a pro card and most don't end up being the end all be all they are made out to be.

Gregg, well, I used to really hate Valvolino, and I never read his article, but I'll say if anyone has had a positive outcome from the MD boards, it's him... Their board has really shown me that Valentino is a really decent guy... sure, he did his crime, and he had some issues... but he really seems to be upfront and honest and that has given me a new found respect for him.

The board did that for him...

I will give them credit for being consistent. They have continually banned or fired anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to MD's liking. If they love people being obnoxious and outspoken why they go with a pro bodybuilder instead of an oil-filled nobody? Well, because Gregg kisses their ass, of course.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 11:58:12 AM »
I will give them credit for being consistent. They have continually banned or fired anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to MD's liking. If they love people being obnoxious and outspoken why they go with a pro bodybuilder instead of an oil-filled nobody? Well, because Gregg kisses their ass, of course.

I don't think he's a "kiss ass", but he does realize who signs the checks...

It's the old saying of don't bite the hand that feeds you, ya know?

I personally think that if Lee had not taken it straight to the boards, and instead had taken care of it behind the scenes, he'd still be there... That's just my take on that. I love Lee Priest (in a platonic way) and I will probably buy MuscleMag just because of him alone. (God knows it's not for Tamali)

Still, I like Gregg... I think he's a good guy.

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 12:02:19 PM »
I don't think he's a "kiss ass", but he does realize who signs the checks...

It's the old saying of don't bite the hand that feeds you, ya know?

I personally think that if Lee had not taken it straight to the boards, and instead had taken care of it behind the scenes, he'd still be there... That's just my take on that. I love Lee Priest (in a platonic way) and I will probably buy MuscleMag just because of him alone. (God knows it's not for Tamali)

Still, I like Gregg... I think he's a good guy.

I don't have anything against Gregg personally but I cannot respect him for making a mockery of bodybuilding with the implants, oil, etc. My point is that they're just not consistent. If they like "no bull" and outrageous behavior Lee was their guy. They encourage this but then can him when he gets a little out-of-hand on the net. Don't understand their actions at all.

Very similar to encouraging all of us to join up and then banning us for expressing contrary opinions.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 12:03:38 PM »
I don't have anything against Gregg personally but I cannot respect him for making a mockery of bodybuilding with the implants, oil, etc. My point is that they're just not consistent. If they like "no bull" and outrageous behavior Lee was their guy. They encourage this but then can him when he gets a little out-of-hand on the net. Don't understand their actions at all.

Very similar to encouraging all of us to join up and then banning us for expressing contrary opinions.

or hiring MassiveG to mod at MD and getting mad when we ask him how he is doing ???
E

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 12:08:30 PM »
or hiring MassiveG to mod at MD and getting mad when we ask him how he is doing ???

We are entitled to ask Mike those questions. They hired him.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »
We are entitled to ask Mike those questions. They hired him.

They made a new rule that no one is allowed to ask any of the mods personal questions like " hey MassiveG, does Chad know you work here?"
E

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
They made a new rule that no one is allowed to ask any of the mods personal questions like " hey MassiveG, does Chad know you work here?"

Or like is MD Factor your chosen screen name or did they give it to you?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 12:14:06 PM »
Or like is MD Factor your chosen screen name or did they give it to you?

Yep, they made a rule that you can't address either of the Mikes from mayhem that those criminals hired behind Chads back.
E

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
what happened dudes, when I came on this board this summer MD was like the best and everyone was ragging on Flex. What happened since then?
Well...

By nature people are 'Clanish' and like to stick to their own. By nature we tend to be loyal to eachother and like to feel that we belong to something.

Your observation is correct. Not too long ago we were all about MD and ragged on MM and FLEX. This is true...but what went wrond was that FLEX/MM didn't try to butter us up and BAIT us to be a part of their 'cyber forums' only to pull the carpet out from under our feet and make us feel that they are PRIVLIDGED to play on their field and if we dont like it...we can go back home(here).

So naturally, this place beign our 'home turf' we clanned-up and took our ball back.

FLEX or MM never tried to play with our emotions like that...

Ironman Magazine is what I been reading as of late. I find it to have the BEST info and writing.
?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 12:18:06 PM »

Now THAT I am with you on... I said it many times, I don't like censorship in any form and I really do feel that MD is censoring people, I have had some PMs with others who are on that board and the one thing that I'm not really sure I get how the people who are left feel like they "won".

What the hell did we win? (I'm still there some)

I won less people posting? Less content? I don't see it as positive at all... sure, you don't like how some people are, but ban them? WTF? The board has a little block this user button, just use that... I just don't get that.

But I digress... we're back on to the MD thing.

Gregg is pretty honest about his issues... He says site injections and not implants, not synthol... I will take him at his word.

I take everyone at their word until something happens to change that.

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »
absolutly

Blechman is destroying MD very fast !  :o

in fact, if I had to buy a bbing mag this month it would be:

1-Flex
2-MuscleMag
3- MD if I am really bored and I have nothing else to read and Flex or MuscleMag are not available.
even then, I'd rater read Mohamed Ali's biography. What a great man he was !
'Blechman is destroying MD very fast" how so stavios?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »
'Blechman is destroying MD very fast" how so stavios?

Letting too many people with broken english post there ;)
E

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »

Gregg is pretty honest about his issues... He says site injections and not implants, not synthol... I will take him at his word.

That is the one thing that annoys the shit outta me about Gregg. It's so obvious he used synthol, yet he won't just admit it. I mean shit, he admits to using all kinds of other drugs, but not synthol!!?  Anyone who knows anything, knows there’s nothing else in BB that will turn you into a glob of shit like synthol.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »
Letting too many people with broken english post there ;)

By letting to many IV Drug users post there.... :-\
K

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »
By letting to many IV Drug users post there.... :-\

I like Rico. I was just fuckin with him. I don't now nuthin about drug use.
E

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2007, 12:30:04 PM »
I like Rico. I was just fuckin with him. I don't now nuthin about drug use.

yees he o.k dud, I lice him ta  ;D
K