Author Topic: From Larry Pepe...Thank You All  (Read 8049 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: From Larry Pepe...Thank You All
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »

I know.

Throw in the humor and wit and inside knowledge of a SpecialEd...none of them with any major political ties anywhere so FREE SPEECH would be allowed and you got yourself a pretty decent BB show.
?

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 07:39:15 PM »
Larry is a stand up guy and one of handful of people in this biz with integrity and class. It's a shame his talents weren't utlized to their full potential on the show.

Thank YOU for providing some valuable info on the show related to bodybuilding Pepe.

I agree. I think Steve should of walked in on that and cleaned that show up.

Much respect Larry.
JM

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »

Larry Pepe has always been a class act. Not many people know that in order to get ready for a radio show or interview, you actually need to do research, learn about the person, and find interesting questions to ask. It is easy to do that for 10 minutes, but not for a whole hour. Larry always worked hard to get it done right. Too bad that the connection with Romano and Palumbo didnt work out well in the initial stages. But things change, and so be it...

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 10:30:10 PM »
Larry Pepe has always been a class act. Not many people know that in order to get ready for a radio show or interview, you actually need to do research, learn about the person, and find interesting questions to ask. It is easy to do that for 10 minutes, but not for a whole hour. Larry always worked hard to get it done right. Too bad that the connection with Romano and Palumbo didnt work out well in the initial stages. But things change, and so be it...

Not Dan...he wings it every week..lol
JM

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 10:32:32 PM »

Good on you, Larry.

Like some of the others have said already, I look forward to the return of Hardbody Radio, even if it cannot be sustained as a weekly.

Best wishes.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 11:41:23 PM »
Larry.... How about the precontest bible II?
-

todkbear

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »
That Muscle Mob show was painful to listen to. A bunch of Stern wanna-bes. There is only one Stern, get back to bodybuilding.
Bring back the original "Muscle Radio". Those were the most informative, entertaining and useful shows of all the podcasts available. I loved those first couple of shows, where you interviewed the pros then asked them to outline their training or nutrition program.
How about a nuts and bolts look at bodybuilding. Team up with a behind the scenes guy like, Charles Glass or Chris Acceto and talk to the pros about training and diet.

FITWINGS

• Getbig II
  • TC Chang Photography
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »
Larry you are one of the good guys!!! Thanks for being there! Keep in touch and let me know what your plans are.

This industry is better because of you efforts.
TC Chang Photography

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 06:14:16 PM »
i think maybe someday i will have to have a talk with valvolino.

AVBG

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 06:26:05 PM »
i think maybe someday i will have to have a talk with valvolino.

whats the point? Do you really think he gives a shit?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »
Smart move distancing yourself from those Guido wannabe's and their foulmouthed oil-bag housepet.  MD's board and radio show seemed like it had a lot of potential at first... but now you need to cue the freaking circus music before going anywhere near it.

Note to Steve... this is what you get when you staff your operation with shady characters rather than professionals.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 10:11:04 PM »
Larry,

I'm glad I had the chance to get to work with you and become friends. You are one of the few GOOD GUYS in bodybuilding. And by 'good guy', I mean GREAT GUY.

SE
BigNationRadio.com

AVBG

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »
Larry,

I'm glad I had the chance to get to work with you and become friends. You are one of the few GOOD GUYS in bodybuilding. And by 'good guy', I mean GREAT GUY.

Special "mommy Dave? uncle John? where did papa Larry go?" Ed

That was well said Ed. BTW I fixed your tagline.. The lack of one used on your part was way too sombre even for this moment

irish_strenght

• Getbig II
  • sex me im irish
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 05:40:26 AM »
Good move to distance yourself from the MD sinking ship - best of luck... :)
is it sinkin cause you got kicked off the boardS

nikki

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »
Thouroughly enjoyed the shows...good luck as you move on!!!

Larry Pepe

• Getbig I
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
Well guys, you asked me to let you all know what I was doing next, so I’ll announce it here. After reading all your posts, I’ve decided to run for Mayor and let you guys run the campaign! Nah, too many skeletons.

Seriously, between the posts on the boards, emails, phone calls and PM’s, I am overwhelmed. I can’t express the degree of satisfaction it gave me to read them all, nor can I accurately convey my gratitude.

Few specifics…

Isaac and Ron…thank you both for the amazing support you both showed me with all the shows and everything else I do. Two of the best the industry has to offer and true stand up guys.

Special Ed… I still say you’re the funniest guy on any industry board.  Thanks for taking a minute to be serious. Feeling is mutual and here’s to continued friendship. Now go back to cranking out more top ten lists.

Ian, AVBG, Blockhead, Tre, Karl Kox, NYCBull, Swilkins, Todkbear, Nikki and everyone else who said they look forward to the next project and/or wanted my prior shows to come back, I will certainly keep you all posted. There is no greater compliment than people saying that they want those shows to return. The political realities of the current industry landscape would make my access to the premiere athletes virtually non-existent, but I am keeping all my options open while I take a breather for a little while.

Swoletrain, the book was a huge project and I’m happy to say that almost all of the top guys competing today are in there. Maybe down the road when there is a large new crop of pros that weren’t featured, we’ll look at a sequel.

Goatboy, Jaejonna, Jong, Jujoshu, Board_Sherif, and Columbus Dude…a collective thank you for all the support. You guys have over 10,000 posts combined, so you can’t be wrong!

Jimmy Mentis…thanks for the email. 
Fitwings….TC, I knew you were one of the good guys over ten years ago when I was training you at Golds, Venice and am thrilled for your success with the calendars.
Hurricane Beef…game recognizes game and class recognizes class. I’m sure you’re in that category.

If I left anyone out, my apologies. But again, thank you all.

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »
Well guys, you asked me to let you all know what I was doing next, so I’ll announce it here. After reading all your posts, I’ve decided to run for Mayor and let you guys run the campaign! Nah, too many skeletons.

Seriously, between the posts on the boards, emails, phone calls and PM’s, I am overwhelmed. I can’t express the degree of satisfaction it gave me to read them all, nor can I accurately convey my gratitude.

Few specifics…

Isaac and Ron…thank you both for the amazing support you both showed me with all the shows and everything else I do. Two of the best the industry has to offer and true stand up guys.

Special Ed… I still say you’re the funniest guy on any industry board.  Thanks for taking a minute to be serious. Feeling is mutual and here’s to continued friendship. Now go back to cranking out more top ten lists.

Ian, AVBG, Blockhead, Tre, Karl Kox, NYCBull, Swilkins, Todkbear, Nikki and everyone else who said they look forward to the next project and/or wanted my prior shows to come back, I will certainly keep you all posted. There is no greater compliment than people saying that they want those shows to return. The political realities of the current industry landscape would make my access to the premiere athletes virtually non-existent, but I am keeping all my options open while I take a breather for a little while.

Swoletrain, the book was a huge project and I’m happy to say that almost all of the top guys competing today are in there. Maybe down the road when there is a large new crop of pros that weren’t featured, we’ll look at a sequel.

Goatboy, Jaejonna, Jong, Jujoshu, Board_Sherif, and Columbus Dude…a collective thank you for all the support. You guys have over 10,000 posts combined, so you can’t be wrong!

Jimmy Mentis…thanks for the email. 
Fitwings….TC, I knew you were one of the good guys over ten years ago when I was training you at Golds, Venice and am thrilled for your success with the calendars.
Hurricane Beef…game recognizes game and class recognizes class. I’m sure you’re in that category.

If I left anyone out, my apologies. But again, thank you all.

Larry,

Rumor has it that you and Chad Nichols might unite for a radio show. Is it true?
The BBinsider

Larry Pepe

• Getbig I
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
Larry,

Rumor has it that you and Chad Nichols might unite for a radio show. Is it true?

Hey BB,

Chad is a great guy and I have a lot of respect for him. While we speak from time to time, he's never told me that he is doing a radio show.

Larry

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2007, 07:20:24 PM »
pepe hope you get to bang alot of em fitness hoes

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
Hey Pepe! I'm coming to your house for a 2 week visit, and I'm bringing Martin Kemp & Kent Kuehn with me.

Tommy...  Gold's Venice
a

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2007, 10:26:10 PM »
Hey Pepe! I'm coming to your house for a 2 week visit, and I'm bringing Martin Kemp & Kent Kuehn with me.

Tommy...  Gold's Venice

Isn't Kent the old Nutritionalysis guy that broke away with Neal Spruce and did the Apex? Tell him I said hello.
The BBinsider

Larry Pepe

• Getbig I
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »

Tommy...  Gold's Venice

Tommy...We'd all have plenty to talk about. Those were the days at Golds when you were running things. 

BB....Kent was a top competitor back in the Arnold era. He never did anything with Neal and Nutritionalysis. He ended up working the desk at Golds and had this ridculous ability to remember almost everyone's membership number. These numbers were like 5-7 digits long. I used to joke with him all the time and call him Rainman. Great guy. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »

Thank you, Larry! Thanks for the prop.

If I see you at the ASC, that is...if you are there. I'll introduce myself to you.

Rock On!
?

AVBG

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 03:16:03 AM »
Bump.. Great comeback to bb radio Larry! You've been missed.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »
Hey dude, new fan here. I thought you had a great radio voice one of the best I have heard. It has a lot of  personality and very commanding at the same time. Reminded me of the ol time radio stars. You make us Italians proud.  Look forward to your next project.

translation: his voice gave you a hard on
Z