Author Topic: From Larry Pepe...Thank You All  (Read 8055 times)

Larry Pepe

• Getbig I
From Larry Pepe...Thank You All
« on: February 06, 2007, 02:09:19 AM »
As many of you who follow the boards know by now, I am no longer doing MD’s radio show. I feel that you develop a relationship with people who listen to you on the radio or read your work in print, which made me anxious to post something related to the issue. However, I didn’t want to do that until I gave MD the opportunity to announce the change, which Dave and John did on this week’s show. I appreciate the respect they showed me when they did so and I think Dave put it well when he said there had been “one tranny too many” for me.

The real purpose of this post is to say thank you. I have read many of your posts, on both the Get Big and MD boards, and you all have no idea how much the support and positive words mean to me.  I know that you guys tell it like it is and don’t pull any punches, and that fact makes it that much more meaningful.

When you undertake a project, like the different radio shows I did, it is very validating to know that many of you got something out of the work that went into those shows. Whether it was some laughs, some insights or some knowledge that might help you reach your physique/fitness goals, the thing I’m most proud of is that I had the chance to give something of value back to an industry I’ve loved for many years.

Before I bore anybody, (if it's not too late already..lol) I’ll just say it one more time. THANK YOU!

AVBG

Re: From Larry Pepe...Thank You All
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:14:29 AM »
Good luck Larry. Keep us posted of any new projects.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 04:19:32 AM »
What happened, Larry?

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:31:59 AM »
What happened, Larry?

read the post...."one tranny too many"

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:41:06 AM »
read the post...."one tranny too many"

???

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 04:55:14 AM »
I didn't listen to it myslef but from what I've heard Valentino was acting like a dumbshit goin off about having sex with a transexual and saying f**k every other word, I think Larry just didn't want to be a part of that.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 05:01:16 AM »
Larry is a stand up guy and one of handful of people in this biz with integrity and class. It's a shame his talents weren't utlized to their full potential on the show.

Thank YOU for providing some valuable info on the show related to bodybuilding Pepe.
Elevate Your Image.™

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 05:41:06 AM »
We will look forward to your next project for sure!
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 05:49:32 AM »
So they let this guy go but kept Valvolino?!!!

Monster getting their priorities straight!

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 06:09:54 AM »
Larry is the only guy that gave the show any credibility. Would like to see him team up with someone else.

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 06:12:29 AM »
MD priorities are 'ALL BULL"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 06:12:50 AM »
MD is shit and always will be

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 06:17:10 AM »
Interesting...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 06:20:14 AM »
birds of a feather flock together.....good move pep's
L

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:15 AM »
Hey dude, new fan here. I thought you had a great radio voice one of the best I have heard. It has a lot of  personality and very commanding at the same time. Reminded me of the ol time radio stars. You make us Italians proud.  Look forward to your next project.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 06:46:24 AM »
Larry please start your own radio show again.

jong_1

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 07:08:32 AM »
Why can't Larry become part of the Pro Bodybuilding Weekly show with Dan and Bob? The guy conducts insightful and informative interviews...would be a great addition, especially if he had his own extended segment.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »
As many of you who follow the boards know by now, I am no longer doing MD’s radio show. I feel that you develop a relationship with people who listen to you on the radio or read your work in print, which made me anxious to post something related to the issue. However, I didn’t want to do that until I gave MD the opportunity to announce the change, which Dave and John did on this week’s show. I appreciate the respect they showed me when they did so and I think Dave put it well when he said there had been “one tranny too many” for me.

The real purpose of this post is to say thank you. I have read many of your posts, on both the Get Big and MD boards, and you all have no idea how much the support and positive words mean to me.  I know that you guys tell it like it is and don’t pull any punches, and that fact makes it that much more meaningful.

When you undertake a project, like the different radio shows I did, it is very validating to know that many of you got something out of the work that went into those shows. Whether it was some laughs, some insights or some knowledge that might help you reach your physique/fitness goals, the thing I’m most proud of is that I had the chance to give something of value back to an industry I’ve loved for many years.

Before I bore anybody, (if it's not too late already..lol) I’ll just say it one more time. THANK YOU!

Good move to distance yourself from the MD sinking ship - best of luck... :)
K

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 08:16:35 AM »
Classy post from a class act.

The Beef

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 08:33:17 AM »

No prob Larry. I know you didn't like me or Adonis but i don't blame you for leaving the show. I was seriously blushing for you due to Romano's and valentinos obnoxiousness.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
My girlfriend, "Jezebelle" was aghast and appalled at that one segment.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 11:49:13 AM »
well they obviously knew he was leaving and they were giving him a good send off. it was kinda funny in that respect.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 12:03:13 PM »

Well said, Larry! Go out and do your own thing now. With all your knowledge, insight and expierence in this industry there is no doubt you can make a success out of yourself in whichever avenue you decide to venture down.

I'd like to see a Larry Pepe, Lift-Issac and SpecialEd type of show.
?

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 01:19:45 PM »
Thanks for the memories Larry. Would you consider bringing back Hardbody radio one day? I loved that show.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
Well said, Larry! Go out and do your own thing now. With all your knowledge, insight and expierence in this industry there is no doubt you can make a success out of yourself in whichever avenue you decide to venture down.

I'd like to see a Larry Pepe, Lift-Issac and SpecialEd type of show.

Larry and Isaac were a great duo on some of the Hardbody shows.