Author Topic: Watchin (The Rock) Train!  (Read 2782 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Watchin (The Rock) Train!
« on: February 06, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »
I was in Golds Venice maybe about 5 yrs ago, used to hit it up 2x a day or so.  As I was in there, my wife came up to me, and said, "guess who's here?" and I said who.  She said "the rock."  Since I was a huge wrestling fan I walked over saw it was him, and continued with my workout.  But I did as anyone would do  and inbetween sets I would glance over to see what (the rock) was doing.  He was big, about 6'6 or so petty freakin big, just towering over everyone in the gym.  I was expecting to see some huge lifts, super sets ect.  As I glanced over, he was curling the olympic bar with 10's on them.  He was doing fly's with 35lb dumbells and spent like an hour on the treadmill.  It was funny, you have these napolean complex guys squatting 500, and the rock being huge reppin out with light weight.   

I'm just wondering what the squadfather would have said to him?
Most are all show no go!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Watchin (The Rock) Train!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:24:04 AM »
I was in Golds Venice maybe about 5 yrs ago, used to hit it up 2x a day or so.  As I was in there, my wife came up to me, and said, "guess who's here?" and I said who.  She said "the rock."  Since I was a huge wrestling fan I walked over saw it was him, and continued with my workout.  But I did as anyone would do  and inbetween sets I would glance over to see what (the rock) was doing.  He was big, about 6'6 or so petty freakin big, just towering over everyone in the gym.  I was expecting to see some huge lifts, super sets ect.  As I glanced over, he was curling the olympic bar with 10's on them.  He was doing fly's with 35lb dumbells and spent like an hour on the treadmill.  It was funny, you have these napolean complex guys squatting 500, and the rock being huge reppin out with light weight.   

Not everyone trains heavy. He could have been just fucking around. He's not wrestling anymore so its not like he needs a hardcore regimine.

PB

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 05:35:02 AM »
Rock was beefy in 99. I doubt he's on the juice anymore, so probably strong yet not super strong. Probably just training for maintenance until he needs to be bigger for a role.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 05:49:31 AM »

You were married and were a huge wrestling fan....... hAahahahahahahaha get a life

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:11:51 AM »
The WWE guys always stop into my gym when they are in Philly and everybody is always waiting to see these guys hoist all kinds of monsterous lifts. But they are usually "wrestling" that night and just trying to get in a quick warm up pump or they just got done wrestling the night before and are all beat up and hung over. So all I have ever seen them do is light weights and lot's or cardio. Still, they are some huge monsters nevertheless.

www.ironsport.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 06:20:45 AM »

Are you talkin about The Rock as in Dwayne Johnson.  If so, he is NOT 6'6".  He is 6'2" if that.  Maybe he was standing on something. 

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:25:47 AM »
He trained at a gym I was at once.  Was doing incline DB's with 80's, and it looked like he was struggling with that amount of weight.

On the other had, Road Warrior Animal was training at my gym once, and doing db curls with 80's, and doing perfect form with ease.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 06:36:45 AM »

hahahahaha, you make it sound like the Rock is Jay Cutler or something, hahahaha, he's 6'6" and 235 pounds, lanky as the day is long, i would make fun of him mercilessly in the gym.

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 06:41:43 AM »

Used to see Bautista train at the Gold's here in VA about 2 years ago.  Never once saw him train heavy, and always trained his neck.  Finally asked him how he was able to maintain his size while traveling and being in the ring constantly.

Indicated to me that he does not eat every 2 hours like he used to back in the day, but, and never really explained how he kept his size.  Now, my question is this.  Can one have light workouts, while juicing and still remain the way he looked and looks?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 06:42:28 AM »
hahahahaha, you make it sound like the Rock is Jay Cutler or something, hahahaha, he's 6'6" and 235 pounds, lanky as the day is long, i would make fun of him mercilessly in the gym.

yea, I don't get the whole Rock thing. He looks like a giant hairless mulato. Has no charisma, no acting talent. Was boring as a wrestler too.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 06:43:14 AM »
Are you talkin about The Rock as in Dwayne Johnson.  If so, he is NOT 6'6".  He is 6'2" if that.  Maybe he was standing on something. 

The Rock is 6'4" exactly my height.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 06:44:27 AM »
yea, don't get the whole Rock thing. He looks like a giant hairless mulato. Has no charisma, no acting talent. Was boring as a wrestler too.

lol
just push some weight!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »
yea, don't get the whole Rock thing. He looks like a giant hairless mulato. Has no charisma, no acting talent. Was boring as a wrestler too.

F*ck off. The Rock's THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has a great personality both on screen and IRL, not to mention he's pretty talented and charismatic. He's way better than guys like Kevin Levrone, John Cena and Hulk Hogan. He's physically imposing (in the context of hollywood movies) and he moves pretty gracefully for someone his size. His movie 'Welcome to the Jungle' was the shit 8)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 06:46:30 AM »
F*ck off. The Rock's THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has a great personality both on screen and IRL, not to mention he's pretty talented and charismatic. He's way better than guys like Kevin Levrone, John Cena and Hulk Hogan. He's physically imposing (in the context of hollywood movies) and he moves pretty gracefully for someone his size. His movie 'Welcome to the Jungle' was the shit 8)

I think nycbull was giving sarcasm a taste of his own medecine.
just push some weight!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 06:48:34 AM »
exactly, the funny thing is how the Rock claims to be Samoan but i used to train with a couple of real Samoans and i asked them about him and they just laughed and said "that skinny clown ain't Samoan, he's a phony, now Junior Seau is Samoan".

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 06:48:55 AM »
I think nycbull was giving sarcasm a taste of his own medecine.

Perhaps nycbull prefers seeing guys like Chris Duffy perform fairly disgusting stuff under the name 'Bull Stanton' ? ;D

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 06:50:59 AM »
You were married and were a huge wrestling fan....... hAahahahahahahaha get a life
Whats being married got to do with anything.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 06:51:32 AM »
exactly, the funny thing is how the Rock claims to be Samoan but i used to train with a couple of real Samoans and i asked them about him and they just laughed and said "that skinny clown ain't Samoan, he's a phony, now Junior Seau is Samoan".

Sars, The Rock IS Samoan. He used to live here in Auckland before he moved to the US. Of course, he's not someone who was born and brought up in Samoa. Auckland city in NZ (where I live) has more Samoans than you can find in Samoa itself - not kidding! So, The Rock's not a full-blown Samoan in terms of culture, accent etc but he is of Samoan descent.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 06:53:16 AM »
Sars, The Rock IS Samoan. He used to live here in Auckland before he moved to the US. Of course, he's not someone who was born and brought up in Samoa. Auckland city in NZ (where I live) has more Samoans than you can find in Samoa itself - not kidding! So, The Rock's not a full-blown Samoan in terms of culture, accent etc but he is of Samoan descent.
yeah i know he's half Samoan but it was just funny how these two beasts were just laughing at him and ripping on him, they weren't too impressed.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 06:53:20 AM »

He's half black half samoan, his father was Rocky Johnson and Grand Father (on his moms side) Chief Peter Maivia.
I

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 06:54:14 AM »
yeah i know he's half Samoan but it was just funny how these two beasts were just laughing at him and ripping on him, they weren't too impressed.

Yeah, most full-blown Samoans are just plain beasts like we talked about in that other thread in the V 8)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 06:54:40 AM »

They where just jaleous of his physique, raw power and charisma. That's why they where hanging with you.
just push some weight!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 06:54:52 AM »
hahaha! i bet his wife gave "the rock" a quick bj in the tanning room.

and he was ok with it cause he's "a big wrestling fan" ::)

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »
Perhaps nycbull prefers seeing guys like Chris Duffy perform fairly disgusting stuff under the name 'Bull Stanton' ? ;D

Chris is a good looking dude, but he has a few screws loose.

Ill give you this about Rock, he is a good singer. I saw him sing on Leno or something and I was totally suprised.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 07:12:34 AM »
http://www.islandconnections.com/edit/dwayne_johnson.htm

a good bio on him. but you would think that with all the roids he has done he would have grown some body hair. He is smoother than jaejonna.