Author Topic: a letter regarding germans and their ilk  (Read 1483 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
a letter regarding germans and their ilk
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:02:40 AM »
The video you sent me -- The Islamic Mein Kampf --was amazing, you did an excellent job on it. When many Germans encounter us on the street they start yelling that America started this war over nothing, and that now we'll pay. Its scary to know that so many people hate us, and really desire Americas fall. Two weeks ago,

I visited the House of History Museum and it was ridiculous. It deals with Germanys history as a nation. When we first walked into the museum the guide took us into a little black room they built, which had only a lot of pictures on the wall. Out of all of these pictures only two photographs were of the Holocaust. She didnt even touch on the Holocaust until a girl in our group asked her about it. She said that American soldiers took those pictures, but that many Germans had no idea that the mass extermination of Jews was occurring. She said that if the Holocaust did occur that Germans did not know about it, and that many question its occurrence today. We walked through the rest of the museum with no mention of the Holocaust again. It was disgusting that many Germans dont acknowledge it, and many deny it. I just wanted to share this with you.
Valhalla awaits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: a letter regarding germans and their ilk
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:10:41 AM »
Interesting.  I think most countries, including the United States, sanitize their history.  I read "Lies My Teacher Told Me" last year and it is shocking how much of our "bad" history we shield our kids from.  Japan is really bad when it comes to sanitizing history. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »
Interesting.  I think most countries, including the United States, sanitizes their history.  I read "Lies My Teacher Told Me" last year and it is shocking how much of our "bad" history we shield our kids from.  Japan is really bad when it comes to sanitizing history. 

Germany doesn't shield its citizens or students from any shocking truth about the Holocaust. Children study and learn about the Holocaust in great detail. There are laws in place that make it a criminal offence to disseminate information denying the Holocaust.  This isn't a new article... but I think it itemizes what German kids learn in school.

http://www.iearn.org/hgp/aeti/aeti-1998-no-frames/holocaust-ed-in-germany.htm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:37:53 AM »
Germany doesn't shield its citizens or students from any shocking truth about the Holocaust. Children study and learn about the Holocaust in great detail. There are laws in place that make it a criminal offence to disseminate information denying the Holocaust.  This isn't a new article... but I think it itemizes what German kids learn in school.

http://www.iearn.org/hgp/aeti/aeti-1998-no-frames/holocaust-ed-in-germany.htm

That's very good.  Funny how Germany teaches this, but people outside of Germany deny the Holocaust.   :-\

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:48:31 AM »
That's very good.  Funny how Germany teaches this, but people outside of Germany deny the Holocaust.   :-\

The number of holocaust deniers is small compared to the world at large. I think there's a little backlash against the "freedom of speech" muzzle placed on questioning any part of it. Also, as years pass, some people are challenging the official death figures, claiming they were inflated as part of a Soviet propaganda strategy. Of course, it doesn't matter whether it was 3 or 6 million killed. It was an abhorent time in history. 

I just don't understand that first post.  Was it meant to be a quote? Personal experience?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »
The number of holocaust deniers is small compared to the world at large. I think there's a little backlash against the "freedom of speech" muzzle placed on questioning any part of it. Also, as years pass, some people are challenging the official death figures, claiming they were inflated as part of a Soviet propaganda strategy. Of course, it doesn't matter whether it was 3 or 6 million killed. It was an abhorent time in history. 

I just don't understand that first post.  Was it meant to be a quote? Personal experience?

Don't know?  Cav?