Author Topic: What's your gym pet peeve?  (Read 25528 times)

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
Re: What's your gym pet peeve?
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2007, 11:47:02 AM »
no i have live british komodo dragons imported then i slaughter them and have their flesh and blood pressed into gel caps at the local pharmaceutical manufacturer. Hense the term british dragon pharma. its the best thing since vince g's bee pollen

french canadian humor.....oh brother  ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
Someone doing a power set of 1/2" 55lbs dumbell shrugs, while standing 3" from the rack.
Not racking weights.  Some people are just above that, and after all, f**k the other members.
Guys who look like nothing on a cycle, but walk around like they're doing the Olympia next week.
Clowns who slam weights.  Usually some douchebag mistaking intensity for loudness.  I've seen people do a set of curls on the squat rack with 55lbs, then drop the bar 6" or so back on the rack...completely unnecessary.
if you're not dropping the fcuking dumbbells, they're not heavy enough. Since when the last time you  saw Ronnie Coleman put the heavy dumbbells quitely on the floor after a set?
Keyword, you're not Ronnie Coleman.  And neither are the douchebags pretending to be bodybuilder in the gym.
Thinking, slamming weight=intesity..hahah
The only time someone should slam dumbells is for flat dumbell bench.  Other than that, simply no need to.
N

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2007, 11:54:47 AM »
Same as alot of replies on here... fuckin HATE it when people don't rack the weights, and HATE it when little high school douche bags dropping weights everywhere (and breaking them) just to make a big noise as if to say "LOOK AT MEEEE!!!  IM FUCKIN HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!"  dumbasses. ::)

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »

if you're not dropping the fcuking dumbbells, they're not heavy enough. Since when the last time you  saw Ronnie Coleman put the heavy dumbbells quitely on the floor after a set?

umm yeah I dont see what you disagree with me on???

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »
Same as alot of replies on here... fuckin HATE it when people don't rack the weights, and HATE it when little high school douche bags dropping weights everywhere (and breaking them) just to make a big noise as if to say "LOOK AT MEEEE!!!  IM FUCKIN HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!"  dumbasses. ::)

at planet fitness you can tell on people like that.....the Paris Hilton wanna-be behind the counter will sound lunk alarm.

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
Listen... if you are dropping the dumbells they are TOO DAMN HEAVY.  It shouldn't be that hard of a concept to grasp... just put them on your quads and set them down... same as when you picked them up... its douchebags like this that break all the dumbells so that nobody else can use them while they are being fixed (and they DO break... don't tell me you have never seen one broken...) you propably don't even rack them either do ya?  Well I hope you trip on the mess you make with broken dumbells lying around everywhere and make an ass of yourself as you fall into the rack ::) Clown.  Keep pretending you are ronnie coleman... you'd be kicked out of ANY gym for breaking weights because you wanna drop them...either that or they will make you pay for the cost to replace it. its called respecting gym property... not acting like you own the damn place...

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
Someone doing a power set of 1/2" 55lbs dumbell shrugs, while standing 3" from the rack.
Not racking weights.  Some people are just above that, and after all, f**k the other members.
Guys who look like nothing on a cycle, but walk around like they're doing the Olympia next week.
Clowns who slam weights.  Usually some douchebag mistaking intensity for loudness.  I've seen people do a set of curls on the squat rack with 55lbs, then drop the bar 6" or so back on the rack...completely unnecessary.Keyword, you're not Ronnie Coleman.  And neither are the douchebags pretending to be bodybuilder in the gym.
Thinking, slamming weight=intesity..hahah
The only time someone should slam dumbells is for flat dumbell bench.  Other than that, simply no need to.

if I see a big guy doing flat press with a pair of 200lbs dumbbells, I expect him to drop the weights when he's done. The annoying shit is when I see tiny tits doing presses with dumbbells that are 1/4 of their body weight, and they'd make noise and drop weights. shits like that wanna make you grab em by the neck and toss their ass out
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
Listen... if you are dropping the dumbells they are TOO DAMN HEAVY.  It shouldn't be that hard of a concept to grasp... just put them on your quads and set them down... same as when you picked them up... its douchebags like this that break all the dumbells so that nobody else can use them while they are being fixed (and they DO break... don't tell me you have never seen one broken...) you propably don't even rack them either do ya?  Well I hope you trip on the mess you make with broken dumbells lying around everywhere and make an ass of yourself as you fall into the rack ::) Clown.  Keep pretending you are ronnie coleman... you'd be kicked out of ANY gym for breaking weights because you wanna drop them... its called respecting gym property... not acting like you own the damn place...

go ahead and visit Gold's gym on a monday afternoon, and see how many meatheads who dispose of their weights nice and quiete on the floor. if any gym has dumbbells over 150lbs, they should expect people to drop these mothefucking weights after a full set. that's just the way it is. I never see people dropping weights at BALLY's, well, ballys' is for gays, anyway......lol. ;D gyms like bally's that does not carry any dumbbells over 80 lbs, you won't expect any weight droppings.
Get Big, or Die Trying

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2007, 12:32:29 PM »
Debate with me all you want, but any gym owner would tell you the same thing, whether its enforced or not.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »

Pat Casey used to incline the 210's and set them on his knees and walk them to the rack at the end of his set, if he can do it Coleman or ANYONE can do it.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2007, 12:42:19 PM »
yeah how dare they have other things to worry about like children, career, loved ones who may be sick, etc., they're PUSSIES if they can't devote their whole life to bodybuilding......grrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Fuck that, cell phones are not for the gym!! Give it up for one hour!!! The world won't fall apart if you are away from your phone for an hour. I guess people didn't have careers, children or loved ones before cell phone ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2007, 12:42:50 PM »
Pat Casey used to incline the 210's and set them on his knees and walk them to the rack at the end of his set, if he can do it Coleman or ANYONE can do it.

I slowly lay them down on the floor, I do not "drop" them... I then pick them up and walk them back to the rack.

If you can't do that, then you're probably using weight you shouldn't be... or you're just being all "harcore" (not)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »
f**k that, cell phones are not for the gym!! Give it up for one hour!!! The world won't fall apart if you are away from your phone for an hour. I guess people didn't have careers, children or loved ones before cell phone ::)

I'd say the cell phone is the major peeve of mine as well...

You can do without it for the 1 hour you're "goofing" off and chatting with your friends while doing a total of 6 sets in the 1 hour you're lifting.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2007, 12:44:14 PM »
f**k that, cell phones are not for the gym!! Give it up for one hour!!! The world won't fall apart if you are away from your phone for an hour. I guess people didn't have careers, children or loved ones before cell phone ::)
my God sinbad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are hardcore my friend......a real gym warrior. ::)

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2007, 12:47:27 PM »

Are you married with kids? If so, you'd understand the need for a cell phone. At the same time, my wife knows that she is to only call me at the gym if it's an emergency. I'm not going to put myself in a position where I'm not available for my family just cause someone doesn't like it. They can call 1-800-deez-nuts if they don't like it.
Now, if you're talking about chatty bitches (men and women) who just yap for no reason, I'll agree.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2007, 12:48:01 PM »
Dropping dumbbells...

Limiting range of motion to use heavier poundages...

Unnecessary noise...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2007, 12:48:47 PM »
Are you married with kids? If so, you'd understand the need for a cell phone. At the same time, my wife knows that she is to only call me at the gym if it's an emergency. I'm not going to put myself in a position where I'm not available for my family just cause someone doesn't like it. Now, if you're talking about chatty bitched (men and women) who just yap for no reason, I'll agree.

I've got kids... I turn off the cell phone... she knows where I'm working out and she can call them and they'll come and get me.

They will do that with no problem.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
Are you married with kids? If so, you'd understand the need for a cell phone. At the same time, my wife knows that she is to only call me at the gym if it's an emergency. I'm not going to put myself in a position where I'm not available for my family just cause someone doesn't like it. They can call 1-800-deez-nuts if they don't like it.
Now, if you're talking about chatty bitches (men and women) who just yap for no reason, I'll agree.
don't try to explain it to "sinbad", dingle, he's too hardcore, he doesn't want to be interupted in the middle of his massive set of flat dumbbell presses with the 60's for 5, when he puts on his Everlast sweatshirt, Otomix, headband and backwards House of Pain ballcap he's all business.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »
Normally, I leave the phone in the car...but if I workout on a friday or when im in the middle of a project for work then im bringing in my phone...fuck yall hahha, there is a life outside of the gym ..
L

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2007, 12:51:13 PM »
dropping dumbells and such doesn't bother me as much as fuckers on cables letting the stack drop and slam

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2007, 12:52:36 PM »
I've got kids... I turn off the cell phone... she knows where I'm working out and she can call them and they'll come and get me.

They will do that with no problem.

Ok bro, whatever. My family comes before my workout, but to each his own.

don't try to explain it to "sinbad", dingle, he's too hardcore, he doesn't want to be interupted in the middle of his massive set of flat dumbbell presses with the 60's for 5, when he puts on his Everlast sweatshirt, Otomix, headband and backwards House of Pain ballcap he's all business.

haha
tiny-tit bounty hunter

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2007, 12:56:50 PM »
Ok bro, whatever. My family comes before my workout, but to each his own.

My family comes first... but like I said... They can always reach me... They know how... Like someone else said, people had families and went to the gym before cell phones... You've just been conditioned to ALWAYS have your phone on you... That's just the way society is now.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »
my God sinbad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are hardcore my friend......a real gym warrior. ::)

I have a wife and 2 kids, and so far they have been ok for the hour that I am at the gym. What would happen if your phone was broken or lost, or your battery went dead, oh my God your family would be in great danger. Do you guys stand by your phones while they are charging, just in case someone needs to get in touch with you. By the way, my work out partner is one of these cell phone guys and drives me nuts!!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »
My family comes first... but like I said... They can always reach me... They know how... Like someone else said, people had families and went to the gym before cell phones... You've just been conditioned to ALWAYS have your phone on you... That's just the way society is now.

I'm 34, so I know what it's like to not have a cellphone. I'm actually notorious for not having it on me because I find them to be really annoying. Fvckers always seem to call me when they're bored with nothing to say, like when they're driving. But whenever I'm away from my family, it's always going to be on me, it's just crazy not to. I am the one who protects them, and in a crisis, even seconds can make a difference. I know that may sound dramatic, but it's the truth. It would be different if we had to carry around on of those 80's briefcase phones, but these things weigh a couple ounces and fit in your pocket.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
I have a wife and 2 kids, and so far they have been ok for the hour that I am at the gym. What would happen if your phone was broken or lost, or your battery went dead, oh my God your family would be in great danger. Do you guys stand by your phones while they are charging, just in case someone needs to get in touch with you. By the way, my work out partner is one of these cell phone guys and drives me nuts!!
jeez, just because you hate your life and need to have an excuse to not be on every beckon call from your slavedriver of a wife, dont get mad that others dont mind talking on the cell when we at the gym ...
L