Author Topic: What's your gym pet peeve?  (Read 25120 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: What's your gym pet peeve?
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »
I dont really mind women lookin at me train. The problem lies if a male watches you train. Then we have a problem.

Or if you sit around watching other men train... that's an even bigger problem.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »
Or if you sit around watching other men train... that's an even bigger problem.

Bingo

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
My favorite today....guys doing half reps squats at the power rack for 30 minutes, I kid you not.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
My favorite today....guys doing half reps squats at the power rack for 30 minutes, I kid you not.

How long should it take to do squats anyway?

I guess it takes me less than 15 minutes... of course, my squat isn't that good... my form sucks and I just can't seem to get it to be comfortable... So I just use the hack squat and this neat ass Hammer machine we have now...

Just wondering...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »

I guess it takes me less than 15 minutes... of course, my squat isn't that good... my form sucks and I just can't seem to get it to be comfortable... So I just use the hack squat and this neat ass Hammer machine we have now...

Just wondering...

Im such a pussy when it comes to squatting i dont even do them at my gym because i dont wanna disrespect the rack with my light ass weights. I used to go heavy but once i was doin 405 for reps and i broke a vert. My 2nd thorasic. This was summer 2004. Since then i dont go any higher than 3 plates. So i only use leg press and hack squat machine.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »

Just wondering...
Honestly, I did four sets, two front squats, two single leg press, hamstring curls superset with stiff deads all before he finished.  I know because he took the rack so I improvised one and I went to do back extensions (right by the rack) when he finished.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
Honestly, I did four sets, two front squats, two single leg press, hamstring curls superset with stiff deads all before he finished.  I know because he took the rack so I improvised one and I went to do back extensions (right by the rack) when he finished.

Damn...  He sure did take it up awhile didn't he?

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »
Here's a classic... some sorry lookin 40 year old poindexter in his socks, on a balancing ball, doing squats (with no weight) on one leg, IN THE POWER RACK cause he wants the rails to hang on to. He looked like the damn karate kid doing tai chi...;D  Saw that last week...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »
Im such a pussy when it comes to squatting i dont even do them at my gym because i dont wanna disrespect the rack with my light ass weights. I used to go heavy but once i was doin 405 for reps and i broke a vert. My 2nd thorasic. This was summer 2004. Since then i dont go any higher than 3 plates. So i only use leg press and hack squat machine.

Injuries happen to the best of us.....I feel your pain.  Although, remember, on Getbig claiming injury equates to "lying pussy who hasn't ever done shit".

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2007, 12:31:10 PM »
Injuries happen to the best of us.....I feel your pain.  Although, remember, on Getbig claiming injury equates to "lying pussy who hasn't ever done shit".

YEah i know..I could get under it right now and get 405 for 8 with no prob. But its just a mental thing i got about it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »
The ultimate and I have to repeat this over and over.  I was on my last set of squats.  I have the knee wraps on, the belt on tight, I have 4 1/2 plates a side and mid set some fuckhead waltzs over and asks how many sets I have left.  I immediatly racked the weight because this dickhead fuckked up my set.  It took me 5 mintues to prep for it and a couple reps in he kills my concentration.  What an asshole. I was within a second of smacking this fool but based on the look on my face he quickly beelined to the change room and left.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »
YEah i know..I could get under it right now and get 405 for 8 with no prob. But its just a mental thing i got about it.

I've had plenty of injuries and trust me, it ain't worth the risk just for that extra plate on the bar....heart and mind are willing, but the body can't follow no mo.   You've lifted the big weights before, sucks you can't do easily now, but nothin changes what you already did.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
I've had plenty of injuries and trust me, it ain't worth the risk just for that extra plate on the bar....heart and mind are willing, but the body can't follow no mo.   You've lifted the big weights before, sucks you can't do easily now, but nothin changes what you already did.

i agree, no reason to mess yourself up, if you're healthy go for it, if not just be smart and back off.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2007, 01:24:03 PM »
i agree, no reason to mess yourself up, if you're healthy go for it, if not just be smart and back off.

Exactly, why risk it, for the ego lift in front of a buncha fvckin strangers who don't give two shits?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »
I have two guys at my gym that bother me.  They both seem like mid 40's, DIVORCED, sad little men.  One guys must spend ALL day in the gym 5days a week.  He's there before I get in at 10:30 and still on the floor when I leave at 1:30.  SPends most of his time talking...but he does this really weird thing...he goes to the "dip" stand.  I dont know whats its called, but you can dip with it or turn around put your weight on your elbos and do knee raises.  Whatever its called he goes in, stands straight up, puts all his weight on elbows and squeezes every muscle in his body for like 30 seconds.  It kinda looks like he's taking a crap...Im sure its a mass builder...Im just not sure what where it adds the mass.
But
his
buddy...
This fookin guy, we call him Mr. Ocular, partly from his bulging eyes and partly from the amount of staring (at anything with tits) that he does.  He loves to "hunt" down the rare and elusive female gym member by catching her walking through the door, finding out what machine she's going to use and then using the one right next to her.  Then he stares at them untill he can get their attention whereby he acts they are initiating the conversation!
Its priceless...also he wears a weight belt for everything...including the treadmill.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »
Exactly, why risk it, for the ego lift in front of a buncha fvckin strangers who don't give two shits?

Youre right. Im not messing with it. I can care less when i get those looks like "that big guy is doing the same as the little guy" But i can care less.
And i still go heavy on hack squats and leg press macine. Deep too. But im sure everyone has that one movement they could go heavy on but have a mental fear of it.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »
But im sure everyone has that one movement they could go heavy on but have a mental fear of it.

Don't feel ashamed.
I say that about ALL of my lifts. ;)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2007, 01:44:04 AM »
  I also hate the "expert"

This guy is usually fat and out of shape or skinny as a rail...They insist on "HELPING" you with your form or choice of exercise ...whether you want them to or not.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »
I'm especially sick of the "Do you play football"? comment.  WTF.  Do I have to play football to be in shape?

Money Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
Mine is guy's who are heavy sweater's that leave puddles of sweat on the bench's and when done just walk away,like everyone want's to lie down in there sweat.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: February 08, 2007, 08:38:26 AM »
Mine is guy's who are heavy sweater's that leave puddles of sweat on the bench's and when done just walk away,like everyone want's to lie down in there sweat.
hahahaha, i do that all the time and no one ever says anything about it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »

that's because you seem to workout at a gym filled with 14 inch epic armed 16 year olds.

Money Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2007, 08:47:17 AM »
Well Squadfather now you know people don't like this.In the future you should have a small towel with you and wipe down the bench when done.If you care to be respectful to your fellow gym rats.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2007, 08:47:31 AM »
that's because you seem to workout at a gym filled with 14 inch epic armed 16 year olds.
hahahahaha, and i pick on them relentlessly, just like i'd emotionally destroy you.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2007, 08:48:46 AM »
Well Squadfather now you know people don't like this.In the future you should have a small towel with you and wipe down the bench when done.If you care to be respectful to your fellow gym rats.
nah that's ok, i'll just keep on doing it and then let skinny pencilnecks like you clean it up.