Author Topic: Press Release 02-06-07: Olympia Weekend Info  (Read 1431 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Press Release 02-06-07: Olympia Weekend Info
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:40:55 AM »
PRESS RELEASE
WOODLAND HILLS, CA: FEBRUARY 6, 2007
JOE WEIDER’S 2007 OLYMPIA WEEKEND RETURNS TO THE ORLEANS ARENA
 AND LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER

American Media, Inc. (AMI) and the IFBB Professional League announced today that Joe Weider’s 2007 Olympia Weekend competitions (Mr. Olympia, Ms. Olympia,  Fitness and Figure Olympia) will be held at the Orleans Arena and the Olympia Fitness Expo at the Las Vegas Convention Center.  The weekend blasts off with the Press Conference on Thursday, September 27th, culminating with the Champions Seminar on Sunday, September 30th. 

For the first time in nearly a decade, we head into the Mr. Olympia with a new defending champion.  Jay Cutler overcame the odds in defeating the already legendary Ronnie Coleman, who returns for another attempt at record breaking number nine.  “Jay didn’t beat me.  He’s just holding the Sandow for me until I take it back, which I will come September,” promises Ronnie.  But Jay’s not looking to relinquish his crown anytime soon.  “I worked too long and too hard for this, it’s mine and I’m keeping it,” says a determined Cutler.  This year, he’ll have to fight off not only a rejuvenated Ronnie Coleman, but a very hungry Victor Martinez, finally realizing his true potential as a premier bodybuilder.  Ronnie, Victor, Gustavo Badell, Dexter Jackson, and Melvin Anthony, all of whom know that the first title defense will surely be the hardest will bring their best game to overthrow Jay’s hopes of starting his own dynasty.  And our fit and fabulous ladies have their own battles ahead of them.  Ms. Olympia Iris Kyle, Fitness Olympia Champion Adela Garcia, and Figure Olympia Champion Jenny Lynn will all return to defend their titles.   

Returning to the Las Vegas Convention Center is the Olympia Fitness Expo, showcasing the latest innovations in sports science and nutrition.  This year’s Expo is expected to attract over 25,000 bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts from around the world.  Witness over 350 Sports Martial Arts combatants fight their way to honor and glory in the two day tournament that has grown into the premier competition of the Sports Martial Arts world.  Also, the UFC returns, bringing the ultimate in hard hitting action.  Fans can watch the thrilling Battle of the Biceps, the grueling Kings of the Bench, plus a host of new events, making the Olympia Fitness Expo the place to be in Las Vegas on September 28th & 29th.  Experience all the action as this is simply the hottest ticket in town!

Tickets for the events will go on sale at the Orleans Box Office starting March 31st.  Check our website at www.MrOlympia.com for further details.  For more information, contact The 2007 Olympia Information Line at 1-866-MrO-2007.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Press Release 02-06-07: Olympia Weekend Info
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »
Great Plans aside. You had better read the financial sections about AMI being on the verge of defaulting on it's loans. They are just about 1 billion dollars in the red. Comments anyone?

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »
Great Plans aside. You had better read the financial sections about AMI being on the verge of defaulting on it's loans. They are just about 1 billion dollars in the red. Comments anyone?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Chadwick Mower in 2008

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »

No wonder they were taking back a $200 airline ticket from Lee last year.  They will probably add gumball machines to the expo to increase revenue.
Motherboy (the band).

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »
Ron, thanks for the heads-up.  Should be a great time.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 02:18:36 PM »

Well - hmm.. division one, in the red, is not going to affect division 2, which already has the budget for the Olympia, and is doing quite well.  Don't worry about the financial capabilities of AMI, the Olympia will be strong and will exceed the 6,500+ in the audience last year!

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
Well - hmm.. division one, in the red, is not going to affect division 2, which already has the budget for the Olympia, and is doing quite well.  Don't worry about the financial capabilities of AMI, the Olympia will be strong and will exceed the 6,500+ in the audience last year!

I know you have to support the cause Ron, but when not IF AMI divests itself of FLEX and M&F The whole Olympia scene will change even if AMI has a commitment to the IFBB. It's going to be very interesting to see what comes about. I have the feeling that people who are currently on the outs will be in. Of course this only my speculation.