Author Topic: Chick - who was your strongest training partner?  (Read 13529 times)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
Re: Chick - who was your strongest training partner?
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
i give up on asking chick questions he hasnt answered any of mine yet  >:( >:( >:(
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2007, 08:32:56 AM »
hey bob,

out of curiousity do u get alot of people coming up to u at the gym or when they see you (non-bodybuilding fans/ or peeps who dont know u from bb) because of ur size???

i've always wondered wat it would be like being a pro in the gym and the reaction of people to the physique.

sorry bro...must have got lost amogst the bullshit...

yes, we (pros) always get lots of people approaching...as most people dont get to see a pro bb all that often, they get a kick out of us....they are so unfamiliar with our sport that they are fascinated by the whole thing, which always turns into a 2o min. Q/A....

still cool though.....

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:44 AM »
Chic, aren't Tom Prince's shoulders kind of messed up now from training so heavy for so long? Has he ever said that he wishes he had trained more like you instead of going so heavy all the time?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »
sorry bro...must have got lost amogst the bullshit...

cool man...thanks for the answer.

and dont worry about the haters.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »
Chic, aren't Tom Prince's shoulders kind of messed up now from training so heavy for so long? Has he ever said that he wishes he had trained more like you instead of going so heavy all the time?

Oh yeah...2 shoulder surgeries, 1 miniscus, 1 umbilical hernia.

I'm sure if given the choice to do it over again, he would have made many different (and smarter) choices....I truly believe he could have been one of the best...

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 10:10:51 PM »
so i guess even non-pro or amatuer lifters like me should be careful and not try to go to heavy.... but when i think of my fav pro's.....i just wanna lift the whole gym on my shoulders! lol

thanks for posting chick...i love it when the pro's interact with the fans.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

DA_BI_DA

• Getbig II
  • Always Walk With A Closed Mouth And An Open Heart
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2007, 07:32:18 AM »
I learned a long time ago from some of the best in the business both BB and PL that you should always listen to your body.  Even if you have a routine and plan, listen to your body and adjust or modify accordingly. I never write a routine, I use a loose idea of what body part I want to work that day and then as my body tells me I choose which exercises and to what extent I go.  Knock on wood, 15 years and no major injuries using this technique.
Evry1 nds iron d8ly!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2007, 05:16:30 PM »
da_bi_da,

thanks for ur advice! i agree...i used to be abit of a 'hero' in the gym...trying to lift too heavy and doing heavy shoulder dumbell press, close grip bench, and deads and rows.

lets just say i need to see a physiotherapist for my right shoulder and left elbow from that stupid lifting i did a few years ago (left elbow - on bench the left is weaker than right and cos i went so heavy it overloaded and hurt my elbow. right shoulder- being a dickhead with heavy shoulder presses i have teaked something in the shoulder... i used to do 160 pounds barbell shoulder press for decent reps...pretty good for someone in their first 2 years of lifting.

i also used to do 360-400 pound deadlifts, 240 poounds barbell row, and 100-110 dumbell rows.

i trained more like a mix of powerlifter.bodybuilder and alot of strength...my strong points are strength and muscle...my achilles heal is i have a tendencies for body fat.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 01:55:46 AM »
da_bi_da,

thanks for ur advice! i agree...i used to be abit of a 'hero' in the gym...trying to lift too heavy and doing heavy shoulder dumbell press, close grip bench, and deads and rows.

lets just say i need to see a physiotherapist for my right shoulder and left elbow from that stupid lifting i did a few years ago (left elbow - on bench the left is weaker than right and cos i went so heavy it overloaded and hurt my elbow. right shoulder- being a dickhead with heavy shoulder presses i have teaked something in the shoulder... i used to do 160 pounds barbell shoulder press for decent reps...pretty good for someone in their first 2 years of lifting.

i also used to do 360-400 pound deadlifts, 240 poounds barbell row, and 100-110 dumbell rows.

i trained more like a mix of powerlifter.bodybuilder and alot of strength...my strong points are strength and muscle...my achilles heal is i have a tendencies for body fat.
wow u were really strong...bet u were big too

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 02:18:28 AM »
how many people thought milos had oil in his tris?

chick thinks you are all fuckign stupid, there is no way to tell if someoen is using synthol just by looking at them unless they go way overboard ;)

Then how you know he uses synthol?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 02:20:29 AM »
Oh yeah...2 shoulder surgeries, 1 miniscus, 1 umbilical hernia.

I'm sure if given the choice to do it over again, he would have made many different (and smarter) choices....I truly believe he could have been one of the best...

Bob we have all seen the pics of Tom at a much smaller weight since his health issues....What is he doing now that he isn't competing? How is his health now? Does he still train at all?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2007, 04:30:25 AM »
wow u were really strong...bet u were big too

thanks man... yeah was big...its too bad i didnt follow as great nutrition as i do now.

but i hope to one day return to great strength... at the moment i can only lift lighter weights and regaining my strength!!!

keep lifting!
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 06:16:45 AM »
thanks man... yeah was big...its too bad i didnt follow as great nutrition as i do now.

but i hope to one day return to great strength... at the moment i can only lift lighter weights and regaining my strength!!!

keep lifting!

Haha - i think this guy thinks you were being serious  ;D

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »
Chick,
  Do you have any good stories you can tell us from back in the american gladiator days as titan

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »
Haha - i think this guy thinks you were being serious  ;D

well my poundages and size were very impressive, so i thought he was.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2007, 06:34:45 AM »
da_bi_da,

yeah...it was a poke...not impressive poundages at all

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2007, 06:46:58 AM »
yeah...it was a poke...not impressive poundages at all

Stronger than you.... o wait you benched 400 and deadlifted and squated 700 right ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2007, 07:27:09 AM »
Stronger than you.... o wait you benched 400 and deadlifted and squated 700 right ::)
exactly...i'll post videos..stay tuned.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
ok well i think anyone who can deadlift 400 pounds and shoulder barbell press 160 pounds all for reps, tricep pushdown the entire stack 160 (perfect form) in their first two years of lifting is doing a great job.... ::) ::) ::) ::)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

BIG NASTY

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2007, 09:28:47 AM »
Thanks for answering our questions Chick. Nice to be able to talk to a real pro!! I really wouldnt worry about the hater theres a reason why your a pro and he is posting internet threats!!! He should probably spend more time training instedd of yappin!!! Truth is anyone can use steroids so if he thinks that is all it took to look like you he can go and do that. Meanwhile anyone who's ever taken any type of juice knows they dont do miracles they aid in the process!!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
hows prince looking these days?

hivs a bitch ;D

Do you act like a moron just to get attention?
The House that Ruth built

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
Chick,
  Do you have any good stories you can tell us from back in the american gladiator days as titan

Your avatar should get a prize...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007, 11:17:21 AM »
Bob is one of the best natural pros out there....The NGA has come along way.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2007, 10:15:23 AM »
Meanwhile anyone who's ever taken any type of juice knows they dont do miracles they aid in the process!!!

completely agree

the only part i dont agree with in your post is that the pros have wayy better contacts than you and i...

makes a big difference when you and i pay $10 for a sus amp and a pro might pay $4 if not less...
carpe` vaginum!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Is it really possible to have 16006 posts???