Author Topic: Oil profits  (Read 2946 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Oil profits
« on: February 07, 2007, 11:00:11 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Oil profits
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 11:06:53 AM »
Man, I can't find it... there was an article on politics board yesterday about the US getting involved in the #9 and #10 oil producing nations, both in Africa. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »
Yeah i can't remember who posted that!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
Man, I can't find it... there was an article on politics board yesterday about the US getting involved in the #9 and #10 oil producing nations, both in Africa. 

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2007-02-06T192242Z_01_WBT006532_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-PENTAGON-AFRICA.xml

ribonucleic posted it originally.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »
thanks!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush has approved a Pentagon plan to create a new military command for operations in Africa to coordinate action and counter potential threats from the continent, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Tuesday.

"This command will enable us to have a more effective and integrated approach than the current arrangement of dividing Africa between Central Command and European Command -- an outdated arrangement left over from the Cold War," Gates told a congressional panel.

The U.S. military assigns responsibility for specific parts of the world to regional commands, such as Central Command, which handles the Middle East, Central Asia and Horn of Africa.

Responsibility for Africa is now divided among three commands -- European Command, Central Command and Pacific Command.

Reuters Pictures

Editors Choice: Best pictures
from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow

Pentagon officials increasingly point to the growing strategic importance of Africa and raise concerns about potential threats, including terrorist threats, that could emerge in war-torn areas, such as Somalia.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 05:03:38 PM »

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
Its about time America discovered Africa.

BTW Nigeria can take care of itself.
America won't get involved.

Spend some time and read about the African Union and how crappy many African countries are.

Also there is a country just off of the African cost that has a huge oil reserve. America has been making a play for it for the last couple of years.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2210571.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3070813.stm

Hopefully American can protect some of these countries before China screws them over though.
http://www.cfr.org/publication/9557/
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 06:42:43 PM »
Also there is a country just off of the African cost that has a huge oil reserve. America has been making a play for it for the last couple of years.

I call bullshit.  We don't just walk into places for their oil, you liberal scumbag.

*joking, joker.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
It's called protecting the West from Chinese imperialism.

You are going to see more of it I am sure.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »
It's called protecting the West from Chinese imperialism.

You are going to see more of it I am sure.

I agree.  And I agree with it.

But for pete's sake, can we all be adults and admit what it is?  Some of the girls here keep saying we're not messing with the oil, that we're only there to save them, then leave, and that the iraqis are free to sell to anyone they choose.

This kind of bullshit divides America.  If Bush went on TV with projections (with proofs) of what America will look like with, and without, us controlling oil, I bet he'd be back to a 60% approval rating and people would be okay with the war.   It's being lied to (WMD and democracy) that makes people resent him, and reject the motives for war.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
If Bush went on TV with projections (with proofs) of what America will look like with, and without, us controlling oil, I bet he'd be back to a 60% approval rating and people would be okay with the war.

Sad but true.

And, I suspect, the kind of thing that Dick Cheney told himself when planning 9/11: "Those hypocritical bastards want their SUVs... but they're too pussy to do what it takes to get the fu#king gas. So I have to be the bad guy. And history will never know the sacrifice I made for my country..."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 08:17:19 PM »
Its not like they suddenly found Africa. We have too much going on for Centcom to worry about Africa as well so they divided up the work. We have had forces, specifically SOF units that primarily work in Africa and have so for years. With our work in Ethiopia we have been able to find someone to bottle up the nutbags in Somalia. It worked out well so far. We have guys doing the Horn of Africa mission. Sure its about resources but somebody will get them so it better be us.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
Sad but true.

And, I suspect, the kind of thing that Dick Cheney told himself when planning 9/11: "Those hypocritical bastards want their SUVs... but they're too pussy to do what it takes to get the fu#king gas. So I have to be the bad guy. And history will never know the sacrifice I made for my country..."

It's pretty accurate.  History has been kind to FDR for letting Pearl harbor happen, since "If the US didn't enter the war in '41, they'd have been entering the war in 1944 or 45 as Germany pulled into NY and LA."

They looked at the US with a 250-year window in mind, not a 1o or 15 year window.  Sure, it would suck to be in the towers or stuck in iraq/iran.  But that's maybe 20,000 total... compared to the 3 or 4 BILLION americans who will have a better life during the 250-year time period, the second energy era.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »

But for pete's sake, can we all be adults and admit what it is?  Some of the girls here keep saying we're not messing with the oil, that we're only there to save them, then leave, and that the iraqis are free to sell to anyone they choose.

This kind of bullshit divides America.  If Bush went on TV with projections (with proofs) of what America will look like with, and without, us controlling oil, I bet he'd be back to a 60% approval rating and people would be okay with the war.   It's being lied to (WMD and democracy) that makes people resent him, and reject the motives for war.

no, we can't be adult because of political correctness. it would be "wrong" to admit we are looking out for our future at the cost of theirs. haven't you caught on yet?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 09:22:04 PM »
no, we can't be adult because of political correctness. it would be "wrong" to admit we are looking out for our future at the cost of theirs. haven't you caught on yet?

Oh, i've caught on.  I just like to argue :)   

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:10 PM »
Oh, i've caught on.  I just like to argue :)   
I know ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 12:22:49 AM »
I'm sure countries such as Nigeria have much better use for the oil than USA or China.

Right now, Nigeria is a very poor and underdeveloped country. If the nature resources would be used right, Nigeria could make the leap and become a democracy.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 06:46:40 AM »
I'm sure countries such as Nigeria have much better use for the oil than USA or China.

Right now, Nigeria is a very poor and underdeveloped country. If the nature resources would be used right, Nigeria could make the leap and become a democracy.

-Hedge
Nigeria is a democracy.

As for the horn of Africa , HH6 is right America has had a great deal of involvement with the whole area. and this includes Egypt.
Now America is looking to influence the great lakes area and the West coast. That is why America is setting up an  African command.
Seems that China is the only country working with Zimbabwe right now. That relationship is bloody disaster.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »

Is it possible to make your points without the misogynistic connotations?

Thank You.
w

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »

Thank You.
  :'( :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 10:00:22 PM »

Thank You.

Oh brother.   ::)  Jag you are the reason employers have handbooks, sensitivity training, sexual harassment policies, etc., etc.