Author Topic: Military: No Gitmo guard abuse evident  (Read 7105 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Military: No Gitmo guard abuse evident
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 06:28:41 PM »
Tell me about.  Sad that people take such pleasure in bad news about our country and our military. 

Bro you say that all the time but you never seem to bring up the good yourself. Why is that? I have one guess, because war does not bring good news, like you and other "war-mongers" have said "this is not like a war our fathers fought that, where victory will be celebrated on a battle ship" this war only will either keep going, or we pull out lick our wounds.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
One of the things that happens when you "lose" a war is you take significant casualties.  Ribo would love that.  I wouldn't. 

So win the war then. You've been fighting it longer than we spent in World War II. What's stopping you?

It's not lack of money - unless you think half a trillion dollars is insufficient.

I know you won't say it's our military - which we're repeatedly assured is the greatest that has ever been or could possibly ever be.

You could easily blame it on the frat boy who sits in the Oval Office - who fired every general who didn't agree with him. But that might make you feel bad about having voted for him twice...

So I guess you'll have to blame it on those bloodthirsty Arab savages - who refuse to appreciate all we've done for them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »
Bro you say that all the time but you never seem to bring up the good yourself. Why is that? I have one guess, because war does not bring good news, like you and other "war-mongers" have said "this is not like a war our fathers fought that, where victory will be celebrated on a battle ship" this war only will either keep going, or we pull out lick our wounds.

O Rly?  Check out the post on "Koreans in Iraq," which was quickly polluted by the America/military haters.  There is a lot of good going on in Iraq right now, but the media doesn't report it.  To say there is no good news is factually inaccurate.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 06:38:10 PM »
So win the war then. You've been fighting it longer than we spent in World War II. What's stopping you?

It's not lack of money - unless you think half a trillion dollars is insufficient.

I know you won't say it's our military - which we're repeatedly assured is the greatest that has ever been or could possibly ever be.

You could easily blame it on the frat boy who sits in the Oval Office - who fired every general who didn't agree with him. But that might make you feel bad about having voted for him twice...

So I guess you'll have to blame it on those bloodthirsty Arab savages - who refuse to appreciate all we've done for them.

lol.  More rhetorical questions (and answers).  Do you often have these Q & A's with yourself?   :)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »
To say there is no good news is factually inaccurate.   

I must reluctantly agree with Bum here. New schools are being opened, apparently.

Unfortunately, the children who haven't been killed already risk death now if they leave the house to attend them.  :-\

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2007, 06:40:22 PM »
lol.  More rhetorical questions (and answers).  Do you often have these Q & A's with yourself?   :)

You're the one who said you don't want to lose the war.

What do you suggest we do about it? [non-rhetorical question]

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »
I must reluctantly agree with Bum here. New schools are being opened, apparently.

Unfortunately, the children who haven't been killed already risk death now if they leave the house to attend them.  :-\

Schools, hospitals, parks, training of police and military, etc., etc. . . . .

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
training of police and military

militarymuscle would be the one to ask... but the impression I've gotten is that our trainers aren't thrilled with the quality of their trainees.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »
You're the one who said you don't want to lose the war.

What do you suggest we do about it? [non-rhetorical question]

I don't know.  Honestly.  My main concern is for my friends in Iraq.  I want them to come home.  Soon.  From a broader and less selfish perspective, I'd like to see us try and stabilize the region as best we can and get the heck out of dodge.  I think it's about time the Iraqis took control.  I know we will have a presence, but I'd like to see a RIF sooner rather than later.  

What I do know is I don't want us to "lose."  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2007, 06:54:48 PM »
I don't know.  Honestly.  My main concern is for my friends in Iraq.  I want them to come home.  Soon.  From a broader and less selfish perspective, I'd like to see us try and stabilize the region as best we can and get the heck out of dodge.  I think it's about time the Iraqis took control.  I know we will have a presence, but I'd like to see a RIF sooner rather than later.  

Do you support American forces pulling out of the cities, and guarding the border and pipeline while the Iraqi police do their job?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 06:56:57 PM »
Do you support American forces pulling out of the cities, and guarding the border and pipeline while the Iraqi police do their job?

I don't know.  I'd like to hear what the boots on the ground have to say about how prudent and/or workable that is. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »
I don't know.  I'd like to hear what the boots on the ground have to say about how prudent and/or workable that is. 

that's a cool answer.  it's sounding like the temporary solution which would please the white house oil gods, keep troops alive, let maliki have the freedom to do his job that he desires.

military spending would drop though.  and military contractors do give big $ and many believe heavily influence decision making by bush/cheney.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »
Ribo has No fucking clue about the military, Iraq, war or history. What he has is some far left BS appeasement attitude. Guys like him think they will somehow be absolved of all wrongdoing because they didn't support the war, in the eyes of the middle east. Sorry bud but ur head will roll just like anybody elses. They hate u, just like they hate me. Saying u hope we loose means ur a pussy and a traitor. Please leave my country quickly.
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »
Saying u hope we loose means ur a pussy and a traitor.

I knew that First Amendment had to be too good to be true.  :(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »
Yeah well i'm exercising my rights to call u out for hoping we loose. U said it in another thread...Bruce called u out as well. Loosing means alot of folks died for no reason. Not their folks our folks. i could care less about Iraqi deaths when it comes to our guys. Yeah its sucks to be them but it sucks alot worse that fellow soldiers died. These are ur countrymen. The Iraqi's aren't.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 09:14:18 PM »
Yeah well i'm exercising my rights to call u out for hoping we loose. U said it in another thread...Bruce called u out as well. Loosing means alot of folks died for no reason. Not their folks our folks. i could care less about Iraqi deaths when it comes to our guys. Yeah its sucks to be them but it sucks alot worse that fellow soldiers died. These are ur countrymen. The Iraqi's aren't.

what's your take on leaving the cities and letting the iraqi forces bear the brunt of the casualties?

You get the guard the borders/pipeline, you're well rested when you are called up to help the police out in the cities now and then.  but send half the troops home, let the other half play cards and watch grids and kill anything that comes within 10 miles. 

What's your take?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 09:17:57 PM »
Saying u hope we loose means ur a pussy and a traitor.

That's not true man...

I don't care what you call it... I want you guys out of Iraq... period.

I want you doing a good job protecting this country and you're not doing it in Iraq... I want you (personally) to have more support in Afghanistan and I want you to get Bin Laden so we can fry that fucker, and get you home.

I don't give a god damn about Iraq or anyone in it... no offense Iraqis.. but it's time for you to get your ass moving and handle your own damn business.

I don't know what the idea is behind "loosing"... There is no winners in War anyway.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »
RiboN should move straight to Kabul. Lets all chip in & buy him a 1 way ticket. He can share his liberal ideas w/  the unshaven gang out in the hills. Good luck.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »
TU..None of my remarks were in regard anything u say. Most of what u have posted I agree with or can live with.
240..Ask Jeff Miller. I think it could work. i think inbeds didn't work in Vietnam and i don't think these guys will fight if we're there to do it for them so...retreating out of the cities could work. It will definitly cut down our footprint and less of a target. I think that what we could then do is figure out where we would get our most bang for the buck..plan and execute missions against the mahdi army or whoever if we need to. Try and settle things down south near Basra. I think it could work but I'm not there.
L

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2007, 07:39:07 AM »
what's your take on leaving the cities and letting the iraqi forces bear the brunt of the casualties?

You get the guard the borders/pipeline, you're well rested when you are called up to help the police out in the cities now and then.  but send half the troops home, let the other half play cards and watch grids and kill anything that comes within 10 miles. 

What's your take?

240, i like this line of thinking. we need to salvage something
Valhalla awaits.