Author Topic: A BRUCE Weblog - Any Interest??  (Read 7321 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
A BRUCE Weblog - Any Interest??
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »
Here's one for you lads, and I'm running it by our illustrious leader (Ron, for those of us that live in caves) at this very moment - would you read and participate in a BRUCE weblog?  Obviously, I'll still be posting things here, but with Ron's permission, I'll be linking to my own weblog from time to time.  In return, I'll send my traffic (if any) back to this board, thus increasing the debate here.  The other advantages will be:

- Even more BRUCE for your buck
- Links to other websites deemed appropriate
- Your opportunity to give me hell on my own website by picking through every word I say
- Posts made here that are hotly contested will be dragged over and vice versa

So what do we think? Good idea?  Does anyone care?
Thread Killer

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: A BRUCE Weblog - Any Interest??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 08:27:22 PM »
Sure bro go for it.....
L

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
Sure bro go for it.....

Thanks HH6, gimme some input, fellas.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:45:19 PM »
I'd definitely read it and comment on it.  You're right about some things, def an interesting perspective from down under. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
I'd definitely read it and comment on it.  You're right about some things, def an interesting perspective from down under. 

Thanks, Rob - I've actually got something ready as we speak (scary, isn't it), just waiting on Ron to give me the all clear.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »
Have you been posting here to generate interest in your blog?  Not a bad strategy.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:58:41 PM »
Have you been posting here to generate interest in your blog?  Not a bad strategy.

That concept has only recently occurred to me, Deedee, but I have been considering the weblog for a while now.  I guess it can't hurt to be a bit provocative here and engage in a little cross-promotion.

So what do you think, give it a try?
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:48:13 PM »
Sounds good to me.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Thanks, BB - I trusted you would be in the affirmative - more to come on my blog regarding Leftists fallacies, I'd love to see you all there once Ron reviews my request.
Thread Killer

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:02:35 AM »
If your going to run with this thing i want to hear more about that nutbag muslim cleric thats stirring up shit. Also u asked about the Aussies here. I'd love to tell u bro but their (your) SOF guys are very careful about OPSEC and what their doing here. Just take it from me, they do their job very well.
L

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 09:08:23 AM »
That concept has only recently occurred to me, Deedee, but I have been considering the weblog for a while now.  I guess it can't hurt to be a bit provocative here and engage in a little cross-promotion.

So what do you think, give it a try?

It would surprise me if Ron approves this, as it would mean that he specifically endorses a particular political agenda, when the forum is supposed to support everyone's POV.  I don't see it as a real problem if that's the case as you can always recruit people for your conservative blog through PMs and by providing the link in whatever thread you're posting in. (Although that might eventually cause you probs too.  If he allows you to do so, then he has to allow everyone else the same privilege, and it could become annoying for some members). But God knows, there are plenty of conservos here on the board so I can see why you'd come post here... it's like picking ripe fruit off a low-hanging branch!  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »
It would surprise me if Ron approves this, as it would mean that he specifically endorses a particular political agenda, when the forum is supposed to support everyone's POV.  I don't see it as a real problem if that's the case as you can always recruit people for your conservative blog through PMs and by providing the link in whatever thread you're posting in. (Although that might eventually cause you probs too.  If he allows you to do so, then he has to allow everyone else the same privilege, and it could become annoying for some members). But God knows, there are plenty of conservos here on the board so I can see why you'd come post here... it's like picking ripe fruit off a low-hanging branch!  ;)

What?  I think conservatives are distinct minority around here.  Every day is like liberal love fest.  There is probably at least one anti-American/anti-military post every day. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »
What?  I think conservatives are distinct minority around here.  Every day is like liberal love fest.  There is probably at least one anti-American/anti-military post every day. 

Maybe we should take a poll  ;D  Everytime I come on here it's like a Rush/right wing orgy. I would also say that if you took a post count, you'd find many more conservative posts than left-leaning ones.  You, 240, Bruce, and many of the  more outspoken regulars all have conservative leanings or are outright conservative.  (The dems are all too busy smoking pot in the janitor's closet at work.  ;) ).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 09:59:19 AM »
Maybe we should take a poll  ;D  Everytime I come on here it's like a Rush/right wing orgy. I would also say that if you took a post count, you'd find many more conservative posts than left-leaning ones.  You, 240, Bruce, and many of the  more outspoken regulars all have conservative leanings or are outright conservative.  (The dems are all too busy smoking pot in the janitor's closet at work.  ;) ).

lol.   ;D  Maybe it's just that they're louder?  Does pot make you loud?   :)   

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »
lol.   ;D  Maybe it's just that they're louder?  Does pot make you loud?   :)   

No, the loudness comes from having accompanied hippy parents to sit-ins and protests as babies and toddlers.  ;D This has of course left its indelible mark upon impressionable young minds.  The mellowing effect of the pot seems to lower this tendency a notch or two, and also has a beneficial effect on the genetically imprinted militant shrillness too.

(No kidding, our janitor is an old hippie and when you walk past the utility room on a Friday afternoon, you can smell the peyote a mile away! I have no idea if he's a democrat though. I'm projecting.  :) )

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
No, the loudness comes from having accompanied hippy parents to sit-ins and protests as babies and toddlers.  ;D This has of course left its indelible mark upon impressionable young minds.  The mellowing effect of the pot seems to lower this tendency a notch or two, and also has a beneficial effect on the genetically imprinted militant shrillness too.

(No kidding, our janitor is an old hippie and when you walk past the utility room on a Friday afternoon, you can smell the peyote a mile away! I have no idea if he's a democrat though. I'm projecting.  :) )

One of my partners is a former hippie and self-described radical liberal.  I think she probably smoked a joint or two in her day.   :)  She's not loud, but she's very aggressive (and very smart).

I guess Democrats smoke pot and Republicans do coke?   

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »
One of my partners is a former hippie and self-described radical liberal.  I think she probably smoked a joint or two in her day.   :)  She's not loud, but she's very aggressive (and very smart).

I guess Democrats smoke pot and Republicans do coke?   

I think you may have inadvertantly uncovered the truth behind why the dems and repubs just can't ever seem to get on the same page.  :P  Imagine how much more cooperative and communicative the two parties would be if only there was one drug of choice!  Lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 10:43:57 AM »
I think you may have inadvertantly uncovered the truth behind why the dems and repubs just can't ever seem to get on the same page.  :P  Imagine how much more cooperative and communicative the two parties would be if only there was one drug of choice!  Lol.

lol.  I would imagine marijuana would be the most appropriate?  I think Camel should lobby Congress for a bill that requires legislators to smoke pot during the session.  Could be the end of gridlock. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »
lol.  I would imagine marijuana would be the most appropriate?  I think Camel should lobby Congress for a bill that requires legislators to smoke pot during the session.  Could be the end of gridlock. 

If only they would listen to us Beach...  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:32 PM »
If only they would listen to us Beach...  :)

If only . . . .    :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 02:19:24 PM »
If your going to run with this thing i want to hear more about that nutbag muslim cleric thats stirring up shit. Also u asked about the Aussies here. I'd love to tell u bro but their (your) SOF guys are very careful about OPSEC and what their doing here. Just take it from me, they do their job very well.

This is definitely something I have a whole range of thoughts on, HH6, and even more information from both sides of the media relating to how this ties into Australian culture.  It would be a very entertaining topic to share with my friends worldwide here, to see how you all feel about the growing intolerance of Islamic followers in Western nations.

Feel free to PM anything (off the record, of course) about the Aussie guys giving them hell over there, I'd love to know hear some positive news, for once, about our brave soldiers.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »
It would surprise me if Ron approves this, as it would mean that he specifically endorses a particular political agenda

Not really, I don’t disagree that I will be presenting, for the large part, my conservative views on this weblog, however I will be inviting all of you (even Ribonucleic) to join me and discuss what I have written.  If I am wrong on anything, you will be encouraged to point it out, and debate why you are right and I am not.

I don't see it as a real problem if that's the case as you can always recruit people for your conservative blog through PMs and by providing the link in whatever thread you're posting in. (Although that might eventually cause you probs too.

I considered doing this, but I’d much prefer to be transparent with Ron, as he has been good enough to provide us with free entertainment here for so long.  I love this website, and I would a point of promoting it through my own endeavours.

But God knows, there are plenty of conservos here on the board so I can see why you'd come post here... it's like picking ripe fruit off a low-hanging branch!  ;)

Here’s the part I don’t agree with, I can’t think of more than a handful of what you describe as ‘conservos’ here.  For the most part, the members here are left leaning, thus the amount of abuse that is levelled at me (not by yourself, of course).  I also disagree 240 has conservative inclinations, but I guess that’s a different debate.  Note that the moderating forces here are Left in the majority.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »
I also disagree 240 has conservative inclinations, but I guess that’s a different debate.  Note that the moderating forces here are Left in the majority.

TRUE conservatives like a small budget and minimal govt involvement.

Bush is about spending big dollars, and being greatly involved in peoples' lives.

Remember when it used to be the liberals who wanted to govt to manage aspect of our lives?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »
TRUE conservatives like a small budget and minimal govt involvement.

Bush is about spending big dollars, and being greatly involved in peoples' lives.

Remember when it used to be the liberals who wanted to govt to manage aspect of our lives?

They still do, liberals rely on Big Government and sweeping change to acquire power - thus their fascination with end-of-the-world doom predictions such as Global Warming theory.

Bush may be spending a lot of your money on this war, but I disagree that he is for Big Government.
Thread Killer

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »
bruce, what a is a weblog?

Im for it, but what exactly is that?
Valhalla awaits.