Author Topic: 240 just brought up GWB and political capital.... which has me wondering...  (Read 1970 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
how much does Bush gain in Political Capital with a resolution in the NK standown?... It is looking positive lately... I think he gains a lot from it, but at the same time what's it say to Iran?  We're willing to talk, if you've got the nuke, but we just have threats if you're working toward the nuke.. It says to Iran, rush to get that puppy asap... But I still believe GWB gains bigtime if there is a resolution to NK.  And I do hope there is success with NK...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I don't think he gains political capital at this point in his tenure.  He is about 8 or 10 months from becoming irrelevant, with the 08 election on the horizon. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I don't think he gains political capital at this point in his tenure.  He is about 8 or 10 months from becoming irrelevant, with the 08 election on the horizon. 
maybe you're right, I just envisioned the media adornment of Bush and that can have a tendency to force even dems to say yes to things they would have said been against... But maybe I'm making more out of it than there would be... Perhaps it's would be to little to late?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
maybe you're right, I just invisioned the media adornment of Bush and that can have a tendancy to force even dems to say yes to things they would have said been against... But maybe I'm making more out of it than there would be... Perhaps it's would be to little to late?

I think the only way the media would come around on Bush is if there is a major breakthrough in Iraq or some other attack/disaster that unites the country like 911 did.  Saving that, I see the Democrats just holding him off for the next year or so, Bush beating his chest on some issues, and not a whole lot getting done.  He could get some kudos if there is a NK stand down, but I don't think it will matter much at the end of the day.  Too late.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I think the only way the media would come around on Bush is if there is a major breakthrough in Iraq or some other attack/disaster that unites the country like 911 did.  Saving that, I see the Democrats just holding him off for the next year or so, Bush beating his chest on some issues, and not a whole lot getting done.  He could get some kudos if there is a NK stand down, but I don't think it will matter much at the end of the day.  Too late.   
I can't disagree with you. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Nobody will look at the next attack (pray it never comes!) the same as they looked at 9/11.
The shock won't be there, and even in ardent 911 Official Story supporters, you will be more aware of anomalies.  Anyone who has become a 911 skeptic (and there are tens of millions in the US, even if you don't know them - polling does), will doubt the next one automaticlaly.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
The "next one" according to the paintings on the wall :D will dwarf 9/11

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I don't think there will be one.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't think they powers that be would enjoy the financial disruption that would come with that.  We're already maxed to the hilt with war spending, so that wouldn't be able to go up much. 

Plus, Congress is trying to take the power back, and I don't see Bush/Cheney calling the bluff.  I think they believe that 911 and the wars overseas was their destiny, and they did their job.  IMO they'll turn over the keys to rudy and mccain and see what they can do.  Whoever gets in the white hosue will keep us in the mid east for 100 years, that's a given.  But I think congress, and the people, are starting to see thru the bullshit.  The sudden oil surplus (you know, the oil we're not buying/stealing from iraq) is giving the US more power over opec and IMO they'll milk that a bit.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I don't think there will be one.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't think they powers that be would enjoy the financial disruption that would come with that.  We're already maxed to the hilt with war spending, so that wouldn't be able to go up much. 

Plus, Congress is trying to take the power back, and I don't see Bush/Cheney calling the bluff.  I think they believe that 911 and the wars overseas was their destiny, and they did their job.  IMO they'll turn over the keys to rudy and mccain and see what they can do.  Whoever gets in the white hosue will keep us in the mid east for 100 years, that's a given.  But I think congress, and the people, are starting to see thru the bullshit.  The sudden oil surplus (you know, the oil we're not buying/stealing from iraq) is giving the US more power over opec and IMO they'll milk that a bit.
can't follow you there... they plan on ending it all and starting over, at least they have for a very long time so I don't see why they would up and not try to make happen whats been in the works for generations... they may or may not be successful doing that, but that is what it looks like they want.  The puppet masters, Illuminati, whatever you want to call them, in their minds they'll go from the most powerful people to gods.  To me, it'll look more like the morlocks and elois...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think it's happening in a diff way - the US is exporting its culture and keeping troops in plae to ensure it stays that way.  Middle east now.  S. America in 20 years.  We've been growing into other regions since 1947 and it's going to continue to ensure any new hitlers are killed before they get strong, and that we can siphon the resources from these nations while we do it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: 240 just brought up GWB and political capital.... which has me wondering...
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 09:44:46 AM »
I think it's happening in a diff way - the US is exporting its culture and keeping troops in plae to ensure it stays that way.  Middle east now.  S. America in 20 years.  We've been growing into other regions since 1947 and it's going to continue to ensure any new hitlers are killed before they get strong, and that we can siphon the resources from these nations while we do it.
who do you thinks making the new hitlers to begin with.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: 240 just brought up GWB and political capital.... which has me wondering...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »
who do you thinks making the new hitlers to begin with.

Whatever.
America is about to lose their last Air base in South America. A whole scale invasion is not taking place.
http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/feb/08/us-military-faces-eviction-south-america/
Z