Author Topic: Shawn Ray's Best Year?  (Read 4029 times)

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: Shawn Ray's Best Year?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 12:09:44 PM »
I have to say, 94. ;D
 I thought I looked, felt and trained the best at any other time in my career but when it was Olympia time, I always rose to the occasion and enjoyed the journey very much!
I had some great training partners and some adversaries that brought out the best in me, not to mention going up against some very critical judges! :-*
Thanks,
S. Ray

talking about judges, you should have won shawn, t'ill this day, i cannot believe you didn't won mr.o.....
i seriously hope juges will change their minds about how a physique should look.........
are you delusional?

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
i like how, for once, someone answered questions in a well thought out manner and presented their opinions without lots of anger and rage.  A+++++ and a gold star for Mr. Shawn Ray!!!!
F

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »
Thanks!
This clip was from 99' I had already started my exit strategy, regarding my frame of mind.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »
If Shawn had won in 1994, I wonder what bodybuilding would be like today.... Would there be ANY gut monsters? Would BB be more popular?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »
Shawn, what about the special invite you got for the (I think) 2002 Olympia? Maybe it was '03, since you took a year off then got the special invite. Had you even planned on doing the contest once you got the invite? If not, how come you received the invite to begin with? :)
Thanks. :)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 03:40:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply Shawn.  It's great you left the game healthy.  I'm a Yates fan, but he looked horrendous in '94, espeically compared to your awesome physique.