Author Topic: Good experiment with meat injection  (Read 1223 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Good experiment with meat injection
« on: February 09, 2007, 03:14:57 PM »
Bro, I was injecting a london broil with marinade.... using a big as 6ml marunade injector with a needle on the end.. it was cool because if you want an idea of how the gear goes in the muscle you can see exactly when doing this with meat..

when I injected the meat with the needle very deep, the marinade stayed in the meat and you could see the meat swell slightly in that area..

however, when I injected the needle only a half an inch, the marinade sprayed (some of it) back out the injection hole, showing that when not going deep enough into the muscle, the gear could be lost between skin and fatty tissue. I guess this is common sense for most, but some are careless with  injections and are probably loosing a good bit of gear.

When doing injections, VERY IMPORTANT:

be sure to hit muscle at 90 degree angle, and be sure to press and go deep as hell
ah yeah Im a voodo child

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Good experiment with meat injection
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
John-I think you got a real good point there.  Its gona depend on that person & the amt of fat at the site.
My quads have next to zero fat, I can hit them w/ a 1'' or even a 5/8". 
On Hip/ medial glutes, I go 1" and press HARD, or  use1 1/2 in.

Duchane used to write about using slin pins  on arms & delts, loading out of big multiMix vials.
Pull the plunger and fill from back. Seems to work fine on thin skin for 1/2 cc or so.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »
Bro, I was injecting a london broil with marinade.... using a big as 6ml marunade injector with a needle on the end.. it was cool because if you want an idea of how the gear goes in the muscle you can see exactly when doing this with meat..

when I injected the meat with the needle very deep, the marinade stayed in the meat and you could see the meat swell slightly in that area..

however, when I injected the needle only a half an inch, the marinade sprayed (some of it) back out the injection hole, showing that when not going deep enough into the muscle, the gear could be lost between skin and fatty tissue. I guess this is common sense for most, but some are careless with  injections and are probably loosing a good bit of gear.

When doing injections, VERY IMPORTANT:

be sure to hit muscle at 90 degree angle, and be sure to press and go deep as hell

LOL, Bro you have wayyyyy to much time on your hands. ;D
U

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »
Hahaha I could see John in the kitchen with the mad scientist look in his eye shooting the LB with a marinade syringe. Friggin funny man!

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »
Hahaha I could see John in the kitchen with the mad scientist look in his eye shooting the LB with a marinade syringe. Friggin funny man!

you should try it
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 08:32:10 PM »
Even if all the gear does not go into the muscle, i.e. some of it seeps out and settles outside the tissue, it will still be absorbed. It will take a little longer to get into your system and it could possibly lead to a potential swelling of the injected site due to it cupping outside the muscle...but it will disperse.