Author Topic: is anything more BORING than NASCAR?  (Read 10124 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
is anything more BORING than NASCAR?
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
basically you have 50 identical cars driving in a loop around a concrete circle FIVE HUNDRED TIMES, no way to tell who is winning, who is ahead of who, ect,ect because it is a circle, i dont understand how anyone watches this stuff. basically everyone involved with this has a country accent and is a redneck, i think its time they shut down this 'sport' and send all the fans and drivers to frontline infantry where they belong.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: is anything more BORING than NASCAR?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 12:08:15 PM »
90% of nascar fans are redneck inbreds with an IQ below 90 so it doesn't take much for them to be entertained

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
90% of nascar fans are redneck inbreds with an IQ below 90 so it doesn't take much for them to be entertained

E

Earl, you seem like a good guy and very knowledgable about sports and a diehard, loyal Steelers fan. You and I have had our differences but I'd like to think there is mutual respect BUT......

This is a truly, truly ignorant statement and I'm kind of surprised that you would make a comment like that.

True, most NASCAR fans are rednecks but to call them inbreds with low IQ's because they like a  sport that they indentify with is a stupid thing to say.

I was born and raised in North Carolina where NASCAR is king. True, it's not for everybody but honestly have you ever been to a NASCAR event? It's an awesome experience and it's more than just cars going around a race track. It is a HUGE adrenaline rush to be at one of these events and to hear those cars roar by you. There is plenty of strategy between drivers involved while watching a race.

It may not be your cup of tea but you're essentially calling me a redneck inbred by your comments. Well, suprise! I'm not a redneck. Most rednecks I know don't drive 2007 BMW .645i's nor do they like take yearly trips to Europe and other parts of the world to experience various cultures like I enjoy doing.

Simply put, you don't have to be a redneck who likes to sleep with their sister to enjoy NASCAR. I'm very surprised by your comments to say the least. It's shit like that that causes you to be one of more hated people on GETbig. Put your brain in gear before you disengage your mouth, k?

Hope all this helps. ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »
basically you have 50 identical cars driving in a loop around a concrete circle FIVE HUNDRED TIMES, no way to tell who is winning, who is ahead of who, ect,ect because it is a circle, i dont understand how anyone watches this stuff. basically everyone involved with this has a country accent and is a redneck, i think its time they shut down this 'sport' and send all the fans and drivers to frontline infantry where they belong.

okay. Sure thing, crew chief! ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »
To each his own, I guess. I suppose admiring oily, roided out men in speedos flex on a stage is more your speed.

It's cool. Everybody's into their own thing. ;)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »
To each his own, I guess. I suppose admiring oily, roided out men in speedos flex on a stage is more your speed.

Wow, this thread really offended you. Whether you like it or not most people perceive NASCAR fans as rednecks.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 02:02:51 PM »

E

That's a stupid, ignorant comment.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »
Earl, you seem like a good guy and very knowledgable about sports and a diehard, loyal Steelers fan. You and I have had our differences but I'd like to think there is mutual respect BUT......

This is a truly, truly ignorant statement and I'm kind of surprised that you would make a comment like that.

True, most NASCAR fans are rednecks but to call them inbreds with low IQ's because they like a  sport that they indentify with is a stupid thing to say.

I was born and raised in North Carolina where NASCAR is king. True, it's not for everybody but honestly have you ever been to a NASCAR event? It's an awesome experience and it's more than just cars going around a race track. It is a HUGE adrenaline rush to be at one of these events and to hear those cars roar by you. There is plenty of strategy between drivers involved while watching a race.

It may not be your cup of tea but you're essentially calling me a redneck inbred by your comments. Well, suprise! I'm not a redneck. Most rednecks I know don't drive 2007 BMW .645i's nor do they like take yearly trips to Europe and other parts of the world to experience various cultures like I enjoy doing.

Simply put, you don't have to be a redneck who likes to sleep with their sister to enjoy NASCAR. I'm very surprised by your comments to say the least. It's shit like that that causes you to be one of more hated people on GETbig. Put your brain in gear before you disengage your mouth, k?

Hope all this helps. ;)

very well said  GUTS!

i use to be the same way, i did not like it and thought it was stupid.  but i slowly came around and now i'm hooked. 
there's nothing like going to a race and have those cars go by at 200 mph!   

Wow, this thread really offended you. Whether you like it or not most people perceive NASCAR fans as rednecks.

you're right, there is a stereo-type and there are alot of hardcore redneck fans.  but most of the fans are just average joe's.

most people i talk to think BB's are self-absorbed, shriveled nut muscle heads who couldn't count to one using a calculator.

to each his own.

W

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »
HEY YALL! Just the other day I was at the Brickyard 400.. I saw me some niceee honeyes and I downed me some 14 miller lights. That on' them events ya dun forget, so ta celebrate n make 'em nights memorable I picked me up some meth and OHHYHEEE TWAS A GREAT TIME I TELLS YA!

NASCAR is fucking boring and gay. It's not a sport and I'm sick of hearing about it on ESPN.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »
It's not a sport and I'm sick of hearing about it on ESPN.

well, get your mylanta handy, ESPN and ABC start airing races this summer!

Go

W

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:50:49 PM »
watching 50 cars going in circles, wow, now thats sport right there!!!
are you delusional?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 03:53:19 PM »
watching 50 cars going in circles, wow, now thats sport right there!!!

hahaha

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 04:26:07 PM »
I am overfuckingwhelmed with the lack of original subjective opinion here.

Denial isn't a river in Egypt, boys! Your tunes would drastically change if you ever went to a live NASCAR event.

Oh well, can't save you all! ;)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »
I am overfuckingwhelmed with the lack of original subjective opinion here.

Denial isn't a river in Egypt, boys! Your tunes would drastically change if you ever went to a live NASCAR event.

Oh well, can't save you all! ;)

i know my tune changed.   i'm tapping a vein on NASCAR now. 

i don't understand why people must degrade someone or something they don't like or understand. 

immaturity maybe??  i guess it makes them feel cool.

Hey Guts, do you still follow racing?  Who's your driver??

W

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »
i know my tune changed.   i'm tapping a vein on NASCAR now. 

i don't understand why people must degrade someone or something they don't like or understand. 

immaturity maybe??  i guess it makes them feel cool.

Hey Guts, do you still follow racing?  Who's your driver??

#20 Tony Stewart!

I was at the Coca-cola 600 at Lowes Speedway last year in Charlotte. Last event I've been to. I'm dying to get back!

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 05:02:18 PM »
#20 Tony Stewart!

I was at the Coca-cola 600 at Lowes Speedway last year in Charlotte. Last event I've been to. I'm dying to get back!

i'm a die-hard stewart fan myself, since his rookie year.

i was at the 600 too!  my wife is a huge kasey kahne fan and she had a blast watching him win at her first race.
daytona 500 next week,  it's stewarts year this time!
W

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 05:03:24 PM »

I have a high IQ and I love NASCAR. 

;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 05:21:32 AM »

Hope all this helps. ;)

meltdown ;)

maybe you're the exception to the rule, I did say 90% :)

maybe it's just the nascar fans in my area but I stand by my comment

also why did you respond to my post twice? ???

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 05:24:33 AM »

oh no don't start acting like you think bodybuilding is gay like 90% of the assclowns ON A BODYBUILDING BOARD like to think ::)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 09:01:29 AM »
oh no don't start acting like you think bodybuilding is gay like 90% of the assclowns ON A BODYBUILDING BOARD like to think ::)

E

No. It was more directed at Alexx because he likes to slam every sport outside of bodybuilding. He's quick to make fun of MMA as being "gay" because dudes roll around on a mat pummeling each other. So my retort was that he'd much rather gawk at oily muscle bound men in underwear prancing and posing on a stage instead.

Which is entirely true.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »
meltdown ;)

maybe you're the exception to the rule, I did say 90% :)

maybe it's just the nascar fans in my area but I stand by my comment

also why did you respond to my post twice? ???

E

I'll take a meltdown all day in exchange for putting you and your ignorant comments in place any day of the week. ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 10:25:36 AM »
NASCAR evolved from Moonshine runners. Thing is most of Nascar fans drive cars that are technically more advanced than the cars they watch racing. A rear ladder suspension? Come on, that is ancient.

Even the King himself, said that NASCAR has to remain low tech, and should not be high tech, and that entertainment is most important. So, its the entertainemnt value, not the racing that is important.
That is the reason why the cars are painted bright colors (with splashes of TIDE, SPLASH, DEWALT)

1st and formenost:Entertainment

2nd, Racing, which why they run around in circles. Easier to pack mor people in a Circus Maximus style arena than have a  race track like Leguna Seca or Sebring.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
answer: soccer, golf, chess, baseball, WNBA

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »
I'd rather watch bass fishing on espn or attend a wnba game.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 01:52:38 PM »
NASCAR evolved from Moonshine runners. Thing is most of Nascar fans drive cars that are technically more advanced than the cars they watch racing. A rear ladder suspension? Come on, that is ancient.

Even the King himself, said that NASCAR has to remain low tech, and should not be high tech, and that entertainment is most important. So, its the entertainemnt value, not the racing that is important.
That is the reason why the cars are painted bright colors (with splashes of TIDE, SPLASH, DEWALT)

1st and formenost:Entertainment

2nd, Racing, which why they run around in circles. Easier to pack mor people in a Circus Maximus style arena than have a  race track like Leguna Seca or Sebring.

i'll agree. 
NASCAR has evolved into a very high-tech game.  and the gap between the high dollar teams and the low level teams is widening farther every year.  which is making for less competition.

W