Author Topic: What even makes Hilary Clinton qualified to be a poltician of any sort?  (Read 10061 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: What even makes Hilary Clinton qualified to be a poltician of any sort?
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
Two-thirds say soldiers in the U.S.-led coalition make no attempt to keep ordinary Iraqis from being killed or wounded during exchanges of gunfire.

58% say the soldiers conduct themselves badly or very badly.

60% say the troops show disrespect for Iraqi people in searches of their homes, and 42% say U.S. forces have shown disrespect toward mosques.

46% say the soldiers show a lack of respect for Iraqi women.

Link?  Not that I don't trust your numbers or anything. 

Okay.  I don't. . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 08:42:05 PM »
Two-thirds say soldiers in the U.S.-led coalition make no attempt to keep ordinary Iraqis from being killed or wounded during exchanges of gunfire.

60% say the troops show disrespect for Iraqi people in searches of their homes, and 42% say U.S. forces have shown disrespect toward mosques.

So I read the first link you posted and sure enough, there is no context to your misleading post.  The "poll" was from 2003 and the information was largely not based on first-hand contact with our troops.  Here is an excerpt from the first link:

In the multiethnic Baghdad area, where a Gallup Poll last summer of 1,178 residents permits a valid comparison, only 13% of the people now say the invasion of Iraq was morally justifiable. In the 2003 poll, more than twice that number saw it as the right thing to do.

Americans regard their men and women in uniform as liberators who are trying to help Iraq. But the Iraqis now see them as a threat and focus their anger on them.

"When they pass by on the street, we are curious, so we go out to look and they immediately point their gun at you," says Muia, the bicycle shop owner.

Except for the Kurds, such feelings are widely held. For example:

Only 11% of Iraqis say coalition forces are trying hard to restore basic services such as electricity and clean drinking water.

The Defense Department, which was shown the survey results Wednesday, said it doesn't respond to polls. But in a statement, it noted that Iraqis say their lives are getting better and said that the fact the poll could be taken indicated increased freedom in Iraq.

Secondhand information

That negative opinion of the behavior of the troops rarely is based on direct contact. Iraq is a country the size of California with a population of 25 million. Many areas are sparsely patrolled. Only 7% in the poll say they based their opinions on personal experience.

Instead, Iraqis get their information from others. For about a third, it's pan-Arabic television such as the Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya satellite news channels. The networks frequently show scenes of U.S. forces shooting into Iraqi neighborhoods in hot spots such as Fallujah, an anti-American stronghold in the center of the country. (Related poll results: Baghdad: Then and now)

Although most Iraqis watch the local, U.S.-sponsored broadcast television station, which doesn't require a satellite dish, Iraqis in the poll say the Arab satellite networks are the most trusted and break the hottest stories. Few Iraqis trust Western networks such as CNN and the BBC.

More news is spread through that oldest delivery system: marketplace chatter. In the rumor mill, interviews indicate, every confrontation between Americans and Iraqis is portrayed as an assault on the Iraqi people, not on just a few lawless insurgents.

Jalal Abbas, 20, a student in Baghdad, says it's widely believed "that when soldiers search houses, they steal gold and money. And in our houses, people are taking special (precautions) to hide their money and gold for fear of them being stolen by U.S. soldiers."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-04-28-poll-cover_x.htm

This is why you have zero credibility. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »
Beach,

you know i just punked your dropout self and now you're smarting.

Please show us a poll from 2007 that says the majority of iraq wants us there.

come on, you can do it!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Beach,

you know i just punked your dropout self and now you're smarting.

Please show us a poll from 2007 that says the majority of iraq wants us there.

come on, you can do it!!

LOL.  The mail order degree king speaks!  Care to explain why you didn't put your "poll numbers" in context? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2007, 08:52:15 PM »
LOL.  The mail order degree king speaks!  Care to explain why you didn't put your "poll numbers" in context? 

ok, so let's see.

you said you don't trust my numbers, so i posted the exact links where i got them.

*Suddenly, aware that you called me out and i backed it up, you took a NEW angle, saying those numbers were old.

Well, public opinion has, if anything, worsened in iraq, so I asked you for a more recent poll.

*Suddenly you say it is taken OUT OF CONTEXT?

You don't have any info here, so you insult my masters degree from an accredited Fl University, after admitting yourself that you dropped out of school in high school to start a family.

Guess what?  You are embarassing yourself.  back away from the thread slowly...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2007, 08:56:50 PM »
ok, so let's see.

you said you don't trust my numbers, so i posted the exact links where i got them.

*Suddenly, aware that you called me out and i backed it up, you took a NEW angle, saying those numbers were old.

Well, public opinion has, if anything, worsened in iraq, so I asked you for a more recent poll.

*Suddenly you say it is taken OUT OF CONTEXT?

You don't have any info here, so you insult my masters degree from an accredited Fl University, after admitting yourself that you dropped out of school in high school to start a family.

Guess what?  You are embarassing yourself.  back away from the thread slowly...

::)  Does that mean you won't explain your misleading poll numbers?  That post is a prime example of why nothing that you represent can be taken at face value. 

So how much did you pay for your mail order master's degree? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2007, 09:05:40 PM »
::)  Does that mean you won't explain your misleading poll numbers?  That post is a prime example of why nothing that you represent can be taken at face value. 

yeah, meltdown.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

My degree is real.  And youuuuuuu have lost this one.  Now eat your hot dog of shame.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »
My degree is real.  And youuuuuuu have lost this one.  Now eat your hot dog of shame.

I think this shows they don't teach critical thinking in correspondence school.  You deserve your money back. 

You posted yet more anti-American, anti-military garbage, which was an excerpt of a "poll" that attempted to show that Iraqis basically hate our military.  When you provided the link at my request, I actually read it, and discovered the "poll" was taken in 2003, about four years ago, and that many of the people who participated in the poll did not have direct contact with American soldiers:

"That negative opinion of the behavior of the troops rarely is based on direct contact. Iraq is a country the size of California with a population of 25 million. Many areas are sparsely patrolled. Only 7% in the poll say they based their opinions on personal experience."

Your brain is tied in knots again 240.  The facts always seem to do that to ya. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2007, 10:36:18 PM »
hey dude, bet me $500 on paypal that I have a mail order degree if you're so sure ;)

Guess what.

You can't find any info that shows the majority of iraqis want us there.

And it's just BURNING you up, isn't it?

You can't accept being wrong.  it's sad, man.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2007, 10:39:07 PM »
hey dude, bet me $500 on paypal that I have a mail order degree if you're so sure ;)

Guess what.

You can't find any info that shows the majority of iraqis want us there.

And it's just BURNING you up, isn't it?

You can't accept being wrong.  it's sad, man.

So, mail order man, why DID you post such a misleading, four-year-old "poll" about our military?  And why do you hate our military so much? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2007, 10:47:41 PM »
I love our military.  I just hate to see them die in the cities, doing a job they're not trained to do, interacting with people they can't trust, understand, and who don't want us there.

My original point stands - iraqis don't want us there.  You have tried and you cannot disprove it. 

Put your money where your mouth is on the degree :)  I'm very proud of my masters of admin degree from a FL business school.  actually it has an accred. that only 25% of American business schools have attained. 

I'm sure your GED is willy willy nice too ;)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 10:49:23 PM »
I love our military.  I just hate to see them die in the cities, doing a job they're not trained to do, interacting with people they can't trust, understand, and who don't want us there.

My original point stands - iraqis don't want us there.  You have tried and you cannot disprove it. 

they love SF guys.  Watch any Discovery Channel documentary.  we do agree on the fact the are not trained correctly.  They don't like the conventional forces because the younge Marines are cocky dickheads.
Squishy face retard

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2007, 04:02:15 AM »
Honestly, I mean what does it say about the people of NY?  Now people want her to be President.  Seriously now people think she is qualified to be President?  Maybe someone should tell her to raise, not lower, police and fire department pay.  That'll show she has some smarts by taking care of the people that protect citizens.

In order to raise police and fire department pay, she would have to raise the tax. But you get what pay for I suppose.

The same goes for public schools, lot of people complain about the lack of education level in the US youth, and how this puts USA at an disadvantage. But only if the public schools gets a lot more funding, will you see a rise.

The question is how you should fund the schools.

Also, I thought it was the mayor department of New York who decided on what the NYPD and NYFD wages were?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2007, 05:05:41 AM »
Also, I thought it was the mayor department of New York who decided on what the NYPD and NYFD wages were?

good question.

cap?

rudy or bloomberg to blame here?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2007, 07:26:22 AM »

Put your money where your mouth is on the degree :)  I'm very proud of my masters of admin degree from a FL business school.  actually it has an accred. that only 25% of American business schools have attained. 

I'm sure your GED is willy willy nice too ;)

Oh please.  You post enough anti-military trash to fill about a garbage can a day.   ::)

And I can't believe you are defending those poll numbers.  You posted a four-year-old poll, without qualification.  The article admits it is not based on first-hand contact with our troops.  Either you didn't read the article or you were deliberately deceptive with your selective quotes.   

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
It's fun watching beach and 240 go at it.  ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »
In order to raise police and fire department pay, she would have to raise the tax. But you get what pay for I suppose.

The same goes for public schools, lot of people complain about the lack of education level in the US youth, and how this puts USA at an disadvantage. But only if the public schools gets a lot more funding, will you see a rise.

The question is how you should fund the schools.

-Hedge
True that taxes go to schools but when we spend for programs for illegals (too many to list) the rest of us suffer.  All the English learner programs and other bullshit detract from funds for regular citizens.  The problem is that schools need this shit if they want federal funding which screws them over.

From what I know, Hilary dropped the salaries this year.  I thought of applying and she dropped starting pay for NYPD 2 grand.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2007, 07:54:47 AM »
Over here in the UK, we'll just be happy to see the back of Bush.  Unfortunately with the Iraq fiasco, (which I know we are involved in as well) he has become a laughing stock all over the world.  Tony Blair had his tongue firmly shoved up Bush's ass, lost the respect of the British public and now he has been unofficially pushed aside for someone else to take over, to start afresh. 
I think the US needs someone in charge who can rebuild people's confidence in your country again.  Whether thats Hillary or someone else is for you to debate.  I know Bill Clinton had his moments when he was President, but since then his stock has risen so much, and I know a lot of people who would gladly see him back in the White House (as the First Gentleman?!)

Personally, I HATED the idea of term limits, ...until Bush. Then I thought term limits were great.  :D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
And I can't believe you are defending those poll numbers.  You posted a four-year-old poll, without qualification.  The article admits it is not based on first-hand contact with our troops.  Either you didn't read the article or you were deliberately deceptive with your selective quotes.   

I'll ask you straight up - Do the majority of iraqis want us there? 

(The answer is No, and you won't find any poll data that says otherwise.  You're owned again by your assumptions.  Go eat your hot dog now).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
I'll ask you straight up - Do the majority of iraqis want us there? 

(The answer is No, and you won't find any poll data that says otherwise.  You're owned again by your assumptions.  Go eat your hot dog now).

::)  Go read your four-year-old poll.  Good grief . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2007, 07:03:36 PM »
::)  Go read your four-year-old poll.  Good grief . . . .

Twas true then.  Tis true now.  Ye cannot debunk and ye be pissed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2007, 07:08:44 PM »
Twas true then.  Tis true now.  Ye cannot debunk and ye be pissed.

You're boring me son.  You are clueless.  I give up.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
You're boring me son. 

there's that 'son' line again.
you use it to try to assume a position of authority in the room.

If your arguments carried any weight, you wouldn't have to overcompensate with degrading names.