Author Topic: Adonis - have you hit 4% yet? Post current pics.  (Read 73108 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Adonis - have you hit 4% yet? Post current pics.
« Reply #550 on: February 12, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »
you guys are both strong as f**k if you can do strict db flyes with 100's i'll tell you that.

I`ll give everyone a little tip on this exercise that most people Fail to realize,

Stick your arm out to your side, now bend your wrist as far and as hard as you can.

Not only will you get more benefit for your chest due the synergy of the muscles from the forearm up, you will also be able to become a better "lever" to move the weight and you will not have to worry about balance as much.  This may not benefit short armed people too much, but long-armed it should dramatically make a difference.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2007, 09:25:57 AM »
I`ll give everyone a little tip on this exercise that most people Fail to realize,

Stick your arm out to your side, now bend your wrist as far and as hard as you can.

Not only will you get more benefit for your chest due the synergy of the muscles from the forearm up, you will also be able to become a better "lever" to move the weight and you will not have to worry about balance as much.  This may not benefit short armed people too much, but long-armed it should dramatically make a difference.

I almost forgot,

You want to keep moving your wrist at a 90 degree angle as much as possible.  This means moving it a bit as you do each rep.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #552 on: February 12, 2007, 09:27:56 AM »
Arms all the way extended, Dumbells must barely touch the floor.

Arms are locked all the way through.

Best Chest Exercise there is.

Good luck doing this with 100 lbs dumbbells.

Will be awesome to see.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #553 on: February 12, 2007, 09:29:25 AM »
my man, i ain't done a fly in about three months, and even then it was a set with the 60s at the end to get the blood flowing. this is more about making adonis back up his mouth for once, and if it means i have to try flyes with a ridiculous weight then i'll do it. i'll agree if he shoots a video of hitting strict flyes with a pair of 100s i'll be in some serious trouble when it comes to returning the volley, haha.  ;D
I like your attitude, MM. Your choice in music, tho.... :D

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #554 on: February 12, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
looking forward to this...... dont tear your chest magoo

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »

Not only will you get more benefit for your chest due the synergy of the muscles from the forearm up, you will also be able to become a better "lever" to move the weight and you will not have to worry about balance as much.  This may not benefit short armed people too much, but long-armed it should dramatically make a difference.

First of all, dumbell flyes? WTF? Everyone has a certain bodypart that is stronger, but I s'pose if he has accepted then fair enough.

Secondly, heavy db flyes are prone to injury anyway, but doing them with the elbows straight, and the wrists curled in is almost suicide. Some people can go really low on them, but for most people when you go past parallel to the floor, it's no longer a case of how strong your chest is, its how strong your tendons are, which isn't really what you guys are competing about.

Adonis, why not back up your original challenge and post a vid of a PL movement.  If you can't lift heavy due to low bodyweight or whatever, then you shouldn't have made the challenge in the first place.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »
First of all, dumbell flyes? WTF? Everyone has a certain bodypart that is stronger, but I s'pose if he has accepted then fair enough.

Secondly, heavy db flyes are prone to injury anyway, but doing them with the elbows straight, and the wrists curled in is almost suicide. Some people can go really low on them, but for most people when you go past parallel to the floor, it's no longer a case of how strong your chest is, its how strong your tendons are, which isn't really what you guys are competing about.

Adonis, why not back up your original challenge and post a vid of a PL movement.  If you can't lift heavy due to low bodyweight or whatever, then you shouldn't have made the challenge in the first place.

We haven`t established any rules yet, so keep them coming.   

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
I like your attitude, MM. Your choice in music, tho.... :D

hahaha, dude, that wasn't my fault. the gym i was at that day had sirius radio and i couldn't find the remote. for some reason it was on christmas rock.

We haven`t established any rules yet, so keep them coming.   

standard PL rules. so far i've posted two videos, you've posted zero. until further developments come along, you forfeit and i've won the challenge. you don't get to respond to my videos by changing the subject. you said a youtube challenge. so far i've posted TWO videos of lifts, and all you can do is duck behind old pictures that prove nothing, and a claim that you'll be doing flys with 100s.

i'm tired of being accommodating. post a video of a max bench press and a max deadlift or concede defeat. you started the youtube challenge, i agreed, and now you're trying to weasel out.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #558 on: February 12, 2007, 10:28:49 AM »
i would pay money to see that one, two ripped Greek statues training.

don't you have some 145lb emo kid and his equally skinny emo girl to own at the gym today?

what is a day without another epic self ownage story from you
Here comes the money shot

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: February 12, 2007, 10:29:52 AM »
hahaha, dude, that wasn't my fault. the gym i was at that day had sirius radio and i couldn't find the remote. for some reason it was on christmas rock.

standard PL rules. so far i've posted two videos, you've posted zero. until further developments come along, you forfeit and i've won the challenge. you don't get to respond to my videos by changing the subject. you said a youtube challenge. so far i've posted TWO videos of lifts, and all you can do is duck behind old pictures that prove nothing, and a claim that you'll be doing flys with 100s.

i'm tired of being accommodating. post a video of a max bench press and a max deadlift or concede defeat. you started the youtube challenge, i agreed, and now you're trying to weasel out.

You have yet to match my lifts.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #560 on: February 12, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »

Can you post the youtube link? I am not reading that many pages.
E

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: February 12, 2007, 10:31:51 AM »
Can you post the youtube link? I am not reading that many pages.

I didn`t read that many pages either! lolol

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: February 12, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »

you have yet to post a single video. more than that, at best you could say that about the deadlift, there's no evidence concerning your bench.

you said a youtube challenge, so either post videos or concede defeat. what's it gonna be?

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »
So where is the proof of your claims Adonis?

Hahah dumbell flyes, can you believe this guy?  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2007, 10:38:09 AM »
you have yet to post a single video. more than that, at best you could say that about the deadlift, there's no evidence concerning your bench.

you said a youtube challenge, so either post videos or concede defeat. what's it gonna be?

You are just going to have to wait for the Adonis/Daddywaddy video.  We will do Epic Flyes for all to see.

By the way,

You still have to catch me in Deadlifts. 

I am ripped and am stronger than you on any movement.  You are obese.  I win.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
no, you don't win. you have not proved you are stronger than me in a single lift. you made the youtube challenge and immediately backed off. you have pictures that don't show a single completed legitimate lift.

so, actually, you still have to catch ME in the deadlift. and bench. and squat.  ;)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »
I am ripped and am stronger than you on any movement.  You are obese.  I win.

Hahaha I would be surprised if you could squat an empty bar with those legs. ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #567 on: February 12, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
no, you don't win. you have not proved you are stronger than me in a single lift. you made the youtube challenge and immediately backed off. you have pictures that don't show a single completed legitimate lift.

so, actually, you still have to catch ME in the deadlift. and bench. and squat.  ;)

Yes I do Win.  I have PROVED my deadlifts of well over 510 lbs already.  

I haven`t backed off anything.

I will do my flyes when DaddyWaddy and I get together.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #568 on: February 12, 2007, 10:43:56 AM »
Yes I do Win.  I have PROVED my deadlifts of well over 510 lbs already. 

You actually asked for a youtube challenge.
E

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: February 12, 2007, 10:44:07 AM »
Yes I do Win.  I have PROVED my deadlifts of well over 510 lbs already. 

no you didn't. you challenged me to post videos on youtube. until you post videos, you haven't proved anything. which means the challenge is, so far:

magoo - 2
adonis - 0

8)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #570 on: February 12, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
Can we also re-read the title of this thread?

After 25 pages, I'm guessing you won't post pics cos you look like shit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: February 12, 2007, 10:45:58 AM »

You are delusional.  Give up the Muscle Bear Act already.  You look like a dirty-pig who roots around in a stall.
You, sir, have accomplished the minimalist peasantry style so wonderfully by not bathing and raiding the Goodwill rack for training uniforms.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: February 12, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »
no you didn't. you challenged me to post videos on youtube. until you post videos, you haven't proved anything. which means the challenge is, so far:

magoo - 2
adonis - 0

8)

I`ve already proved that I have deadlifted 600 Lbs 3 years ago.
My challenge still is valid.  Daddywaddy and I are making a training video.

Adonis- 2
Fag-goo- -1  for being a dirty muscle bear that no gay pig would even want to molest.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #573 on: February 12, 2007, 10:48:43 AM »
Same sh*t, different day.

"Proven" was established to mean "YOUTUBE VIDEO."

Nothing has been proven.

Magoo already wins by default.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: February 12, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
Can we also re-read the title of this thread?

After 25 pages, I'm guessing you won't post pics cos you look like shit

he won't post pics, he won't post videos. he's a coward of the grandest sort.

You are delusional.  Give up the Muscle Bear Act already.  You look like a dirty-pig who roots around in a stall.
You, sir, have accomplished the minimalist peasantry style so wonderfully by not bathing and raiding the Goodwill rack for training uniforms.

i'm delusional? let's think that one over.

magoo: posted videos proving he has at least a 335 bench and a 510 deadlift, just like he said. never claimed he looked good.

anus: claimed to be more ripped and stronger both than magoo, won't post pictures proving he's ripped, won't post videos proving he's strong.

analysis: anus's delusional levels are up around an 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 to goodrum, magoo's are down around 2.