Author Topic: worst shafting in the IFBB?  (Read 3061 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: worst shafting in the IFBB?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 04:18:45 PM »
2001/2002 were jokes , like 1980 and 1981 were jokes , just ask Kevin

The plain truth is that I beat Ronnie last year [2000] and Jay Cutler beat Ronnie this year. You should not win the Mr. Olympia if your stomach is hanging out -- period. Last year, I patted Ronnie's stomach during the posedown to draw attention to the fact that he was bloated. That tactic obviously didn't work, and Ronnie beat me in the posedown to successfully defend his title for a third straight Mr. O triumph.

So now the show rolls around and Jay Cutler beats Ronnie in both prejudging rounds: symmetry and muscularity. Ronnie was spilling over with too much water during the muscularity round, and Cutler took it to him in many of the poses that Coleman usually dominates.

How can Cutler lose this contest if he wins in both symmetry and muscularity? How can Ronnie retain his title if his midsection is bloated and distended? Why should the fans get behind a champion who can't present an aesthetic image of what bodybuilding is supposed to be all about?

I'm talking about classical proportions, perfect symmetry and ideal conditioning. Based on that ideal, I should have won the Sandow in 2000, and Cutler should have taken it in 2001.

The fans deserve better than what they are getting. I'm already working hard to ensure that, in 2002, a true peoples' champ can strip the title away from Ronnie Coleman.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 04:19:39 PM »
I suppose you expect us all to believe he trashed the judges during his reign too... ::)

Shall I post quotes ?  ;) he absolutely did and he's said many times he hopes his physique was being judged and his words weren't

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 04:30:49 PM »
2001/2002 were jokes , like 1980 and 1981 were jokes , just ask Kevin

The plain truth is that I beat Ronnie last year [2000] and Jay Cutler beat Ronnie this year. You should not win the Mr. Olympia if your stomach is hanging out -- period. Last year, I patted Ronnie's stomach during the posedown to draw attention to the fact that he was bloated. That tactic obviously didn't work, and Ronnie beat me in the posedown to successfully defend his title for a third straight Mr. O triumph.

So now the show rolls around and Jay Cutler beats Ronnie in both prejudging rounds: symmetry and muscularity. Ronnie was spilling over with too much water during the muscularity round, and Cutler took it to him in many of the poses that Coleman usually dominates.

How can Cutler lose this contest if he wins in both symmetry and muscularity? How can Ronnie retain his title if his midsection is bloated and distended? Why should the fans get behind a champion who can't present an aesthetic image of what bodybuilding is supposed to be all about?

I'm talking about classical proportions, perfect symmetry and ideal conditioning. Based on that ideal, I should have won the Sandow in 2000, and Cutler should have taken it in 2001.

The fans deserve better than what they are getting. I'm already working hard to ensure that, in 2002, a true peoples' champ can strip the title away from Ronnie Coleman.

come on ND, even a biased fool like yourself should admit that Ronnie killed kevin in 2000. Maybe not in 2002. but definately in 2000

as you like to say:

I mean, seriously:

Kevin was a sore loser that year. Even Earl would probably say so 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
come on ND, even a biased fool like yourself should admit that Ronnie killed kevin in 2000. Maybe not in 2002. but definately in 2000

as you like to say:

I mean, seriously:

Kevin was a sore loser that year. Even Earl would probably say so 8)

I love when Shawn says he's happy to be second , its a conspricy and when Kev says otherwise he's being a sore loser lol hypocritical? Hulkster this is why your opinion can't be valued its not objective or honest or even that well thought out.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 04:40:05 PM »
93 I can understand.

but 99 ??

he was soft and oil filled then.

I thought he looked AWESOME, but that's just me.

Hulkster, if you HAD to pick which Flex Wheeler looked better, between '98 or '99 Olympia, which condition would you choose? By the way, none of this "Ronnie this" and "Ronnie that", just touch base on Flex.  ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
Shall I post quotes ?  ;) he absolutely did and he's said many times he hopes his physique was being judged and his words weren't

This is true. Shawn trashed many a judge in his time, on video, magazines, and probably in person to their faces. The latter I cannot vouch for. I just need three examples of everything.... :D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 04:53:35 PM »

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »
Lee Priest.

:) agreed. Then in 2006/7 when they suspended him for......   ........
bodybuildersreality.com