Author Topic: How will you vote in 2008?  (Read 2996 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
How will you vote in 2008?
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »

I will not vote for anyone who supports the current regime's 'death in Iraq' policy either in philosophy or in voting practice (with respect to the congressmen who claim they oppose the President's war, yet continue to fund it). 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: How will you vote in 2008?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »
I will not vote for anyone who supports the current regime's 'death in Iraq' policy either in philosophy or in voting practice (with respect to the congressmen who claim they oppose the President's war, yet continue to fund it). 

The irony is, of course, that people in Iraq may now also vote.  Who will they choose?
Thread Killer

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »
How will you vote in 2008?

Simple...

If Hillary wins the Democratic nomination, I will vote Republican...

If anyone else wins, I will vote Democrat. 

Ron: "I am lazy."

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »
I think this will be a tough decision for many people. So many people are so incensed by the current administration that they all think voting Democrat is the only rationale thing to do.

Yet what are the alternatives to a Republican?

Hillary? God forbid.
Obama? He will never be elected and we know almost nothing of him politically.

When people start thinking rationally instead of thinking with anger I think they will realize that there is no strong Democratic candidate right now. For me it's McCain, yet I don't know if he'll win the nomination or if he'll be too old to be an effective leader. His time may have passed.

For me this is going to be a difficult decision if McCain isn't nominated.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 07:24:37 PM »
For me it's McCain, yet I don't know if he'll win the nomination or if he'll be too old to be an effective leader. His time may have passed.

For me this is going to be a difficult decision if McCain isn't nominated.

What makes you think McCain won't be just a continuation of Bush II?  How did McCain vote on the reauthorization of the "Patriot Act"?  If he voted yes, he won't be getting my vote.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 07:25:49 PM »
What makes you think McCain won't be just a continuation of Bush II?  How did McCain vote on the reauthorization of the "Patriot Act"?  If he voted yes, he won't be getting my vote.

McCain yes on the patriot act.
McCain made it very clear this year he's slipping into the neocon void.

McCain will be the far right candidate - keeping at the war, okay with the "newt world order" domestic bullshit.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 07:40:06 PM »
McCain yes on the patriot act.
McCain made it very clear this year he's slipping into the neocon void.

McCain will be the far right candidate - keeping at the war, okay with the "newt world order" domestic bullshit.

Great.  >:(

We really don't have much in the way of choices.  McCain = more of the same. Hillary will pursue a domestic agenda somewhat to the left of Karl Marx. Obama? Where the hell did he come from?  The media had been pushing him just a little too hard for my tastes. I can't seem to get the phrase "Manchurian Candidate" out of my mind.  Edwards? He's a self-serving trial lawyer with even less charisma than John Kerry (if that's even possible).  Rudy?  Maybe... I like that he's economically conservative and socially liberal, but his law enforcement background and his "up close and personal" experience with 9/11 makes me think he would support the Patriot Act crap even more than McCain. Besides, he'll never make it past the GOP primary.

Can I vote for Arnold?  ::)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 07:49:51 PM »
Rudy or McCain.  Never Hilary or Obama.  McCain is my top choice.  Moderate enough to gain bipartisan support.
Squishy face retard

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 08:11:07 PM »

That's a good question, I don't know that he won't be a continuation of Bush II. I do know that I trust him much much more than I do our current President. Whether that trust is unfounded at this point I don't know.

We need a STRONG leader to either get us out of Iraq or right the ship in Iraq and I don't see any Democrats doing that and McCain's the only Republican I see that fits the bill.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »
We need a STRONG leader to either get us out of Iraq or right the ship in Iraq and I don't see any Democrats doing that and McCain's the only Republican I see that fits the bill.

Hilary and Obama have both said we'll be out of Iraq, and fast.

McCain supports Bush and said we'll be there longterm.  He believes the current course is the right course, and says that the no-confidence vote being kicked around is bad.  It was up here two days ago.  He has moved from "avoid the military ind complex" to a position of strong neo in the last 2 months.

of all the current candidates, mcCain is right now, the one most likely to change nothing.  And since he just shifted from moderate to neocon, a very strong jump after years of consistency, I'm a little worried he's pandering to the base.  VERY bad, as it will make him a slave to defense contractors once he's in.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 08:41:13 PM »
Hilary and Obama have both said we'll be out of Iraq, and fast.

McCain supports Bush and said we'll be there longterm.  He believes the current course is the right course, and says that the no-confidence vote being kicked around is bad.  It was up here two days ago.  He has moved from "avoid the military ind complex" to a position of strong neo in the last 2 months.

of all the current candidates, mcCain is right now, the one most likely to change nothing.  And since he just shifted from moderate to neocon, a very strong jump after years of consistency, I'm a little worried he's pandering to the base.  VERY bad, as it will make him a slave to defense contractors once he's in.

McCain played the good soldier after doing a little hemming and hawing and stepped aside for Bush. You are probably correct in your assessment that he's pandering to the "base" but I don't necessarily see that as a HUGE negative because I think he's desperate to get the nomination before his time is up and is probably doing what he thinks he has to do to get the nomination.

I don't know what he'll do if elected but as I said I trust him more than the current administration. As I said, this is going to be a tough election for a lot of people. We're in a bad place right now and we need strong leadership.

Who is going to be that strong leadership? Please, don't say Hillary or Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 08:46:49 PM »
Define "strong".

It could be argued that bush is one of the strongest presidents in history.  Does he listen to polls?  No.  He completely ignores the will of the people!  Cheney has said it could be 99% of Americans against the war and we wouldn't leave.  That might be "strong". 

An unwillingness to negotiate with people we don't like, opting for war instead.  Starting 3 wars (iran is soon!) and spending a trillion on war - that might be strong.

At this point, strong = the world hates us, our leaders don't give a shit what we want, and we're spending 200 million A DAY in iraq, with 3100 dead.

I don't want 'strong' anymore.  I want diplomacy and brains.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
Define "strong".

It could be argued that bush is one of the strongest presidents in history.  Does he listen to polls?  No.  He completely ignores the will of the people!  Cheney has said it could be 99% of Americans against the war and we wouldn't leave.  That might be "strong". 

An unwillingness to negotiate with people we don't like, opting for war instead.  Starting 3 wars (iran is soon!) and spending a trillion on war - that might be strong.

At this point, strong = the world hates us, our leaders don't give a shit what we want, and we're spending 200 million A DAY in iraq, with 3100 dead.

I don't want 'strong' anymore.  I want diplomacy and brains.

Excellent point, strong can and often does have many meanings.

I think strength and brains can co-exist. We clearly need a leader we can trust to lead us either out of Iraq (doubtful) or a leader who is strong and smart enough to device a strategy to accomplish our goals with the fewest lost lives. That's not an easy task.

I also think those soldiers over in Iraq and any that are headed over in the future want a leader they can believe in and that they at least think has them in mind when actions are decided upon. I might be wrong on that though, maybe the soldiers don't care about the leader, maybe they just see the mission and everything else isn't important.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 09:53:11 PM »
mitt romney hopefully

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »
mitt romney hopefully

what is his stance on the war?  he hasn't gotten much pub lately.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »
mitt romney hopefully

Mitt's done, and he's starting to flip flop worse than Kerry. Check out his stance on new taxes.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »
what is his stance on the war?  he hasn't gotten much pub lately.
he's one of the few people who supported the troop increase.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
Mitt's done, and he's starting to flip flop worse than Kerry. Check out his stance on new taxes.
kerry came very close to winning.  and the democrat candidates so far are very weak.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »

i haven't followed him much.  each party has like 10 folks running already.  it's all a crapshoot after the big 4 (rudy, mccain, hilary and obama)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 10:03:21 PM »
kerry came very close to winning.  and the democrat candidates so far are very weak.

kerry was a very weak candidate, and there was no defining issue in 2004 - almost everyone loved the war.  And if they had done an Ohio recount, statistically, he would have had a 49,999/50,000 chance of winning on the paper ballots.  That's another issue tho...

In 2008, you could run a purple dinosaur saying we'd leave iraq, next to Ronald Reagan saying "keep the men there" and I think barney would win.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 10:08:15 PM »
I think McCain would be great for the country.  Many Dems like him and have respect for him.  Despite the feelings toward Bush I think he'd do great.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »
I think McCain would be great for the country.  Many Dems like him and have respect for him.  Despite the feelings toward Bush I think he'd do great.

See, I don't see how he would be that much of a difference.

his personality, etc etc are different.  But on the main issue, Iraq, he doesn't want to change anything. 

You must believe Bush is doing great for the country currently?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 10:12:32 PM »
See, I don't see how he would be that much of a difference.

his personality, etc etc are different.  But on the main issue, Iraq, he doesn't want to change anything. 

You must believe Bush is doing great for the country currently?
I think Bush isn't horrible but I def disagree with how forces are used, not the war.  I hate the illegal immirgration situation, especially where I live.  McCain will be better.  There is no guarantee he will stay the course 100% if elected.  You think he wants to alienate his backers right now?
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 10:14:54 PM »
I think Bush isn't horrible but I def disagree with how forces are used, not the war.  I hate the illegal immirgration situation, especially where I live.  McCain will be better.  There is no guarantee he will stay the course 100% if elected.  You think he wants to alienate his backers right now?

But youre betting on "maybe he'll go back on his word" as the only way he'll exit Iraq. 

If he is bold enough to run on a platform in which only 25% of America supportes (stay course), I seriously doubt he'll start 'doing the right thing' once in office.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »
But youre betting on "maybe he'll go back on his word" as the only way he'll exit Iraq. 

If he is bold enough to run on a platform in which only 25% of America supportes (stay course), I seriously doubt he'll start 'doing the right thing' once in office.

I'm saying it's possible.  I like the fact that he can garner Dem support which is important.  I like that he has served as opposed to the past two.  I think he has good morals unlike number 42.  I think he is more level headed and independent thinking than the current Pres.  I still respect Bush.  He sticks to his guns despite criticism.  I respect men like that.
Squishy face retard