Author Topic: Obama on 60 Minutes  (Read 2259 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Obama on 60 Minutes
« on: February 11, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
60 Minutes just aired an interview by Steve Kroft with Obama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

He and his wife are certainly likable. It's going to be interesting to see what if any platform he runs on other than the Anti-Bush platform. I haven't heard any of his ideas yet and I don't think anyone has. His people probably haven't even formed their campaign strategy yet.

This is going to be interesting to watch. He's intelligent, charming and likable, too bad that's all we know about him. Time will tell.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: Obama on 60 Minutes.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »

He and his wife are certainly likable. It's going to be interesting to see what if any platform he runs on other than the Anti-Bush platform. I haven't heard any of his ideas yet and I don't think anyone has. His people probably haven't even formed their campaign strategy yet.

This is going to be interesting to watch. He's intelligent, charming and likable, too bad that's all we know about him. Time will tell.

How about fleeing Iraq?  Your opinion?
Thread Killer

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty good, it kinda open my eyes, I still don't trust him. Just a gut feeling...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »
How about fleeing Iraq?  Your opinion?

How about sending people that believe in the war, volunteers? You up for it?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »
How about sending people that believe in the war, volunteers? You up for it?

How about having the opponents of war the first in line to be blown up by the jihad?  You up for it?

What irrelevance - can we please address my question now?  Leaving Iraq, good or bad?
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 05:29:44 PM »

We knew even less about Bush, ...and what we did know wasn't favourable. That didn't seem to be a hindrance.
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »
We knew even less about Bush, ...and what we did know wasn't favourable. That didn't seem to be a hindrance.

Bush had a name and he was Governor of the lower 48's largest state. We knew more about him than we do about Obama.

This is all moot anyway, the country isn't ready to elect a black man yet. Perhaps 2012 or 2016 will be different.

For all intents and purposes he's laying the groundwork for his future not his present.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 06:43:30 PM »
No offense kids, but we're not leaving iraq.  Ever.  No matter who wins.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 07:15:05 PM »
60 Minutes' usual banality.

Let's face it despite the hype he's not compelling. It's obvious that Obama doesn't realize it. Nothing to do with race either.

Drudge live Sunday 10-12 pm est
http://players.eonstreams.com/FastAim/Player/Player.php?PlayerID=848

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »
No offense kids, but we're not leaving iraq.  Ever.  No matter who wins.

Ding Ding you are correct sir. So why bother bashing Bush? Isn't it a waste of time? The way I see it the next person and the next person and so on will keep us there. Will we just waste the next 50 years bashing the current president? Obama talks a good game but even as president he wouldn't be able to go alone and pull everyone. So lets just stop discussing it
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Obama on 60 Minutes
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
Ding Ding you are correct sir. So why bother bashing Bush? Isn't it a waste of time? The way I see it the next person and the next person and so on will keep us there. Will we just waste the next 50 years bashing the current president? Obama talks a good game but even as president he wouldn't be able to go alone and pull everyone. So lets just stop discussing it

Because there can be varying degrees of occupation.

Bush wants our men in the cities, in an exact ratio as we've had, growing 15% each year as the insurgency does.  Goal is to continue the stalemate - neither crush them nor leave - just hang out and run up a 200 MILLION a day bill.  That be some bullshit.

I want us to pull out of the cities and guard the bases, pipeline, and border.  let the iraqis do their own job.  keep your silly ass form getting shot.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 01:59:21 PM »
Because there can be varying degrees of occupation.

Bush wants our men in the cities, in an exact ratio as we've had, growing 15% each year as the insurgency does.  Goal is to continue the stalemate - neither crush them nor leave - just hang out and run up a 200 MILLION a day bill.  That be some bullshit.

I want us to pull out of the cities and guard the bases, pipeline, and border.  let the iraqis do their own job.  keep your silly ass form getting shot.

and 240 my friend for the 100th time I agree with you on that. However you aren't heading to congress anytime soon. So your elected dems are not going to do anything smart like that.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
and 240 my friend for the 100th time I agree with you on that. However you aren't heading to congress anytime soon. So your elected dems are not going to do anything smart like that.

well, if enough people talk about it, it will move up. 

It's all about military spending.  haliburton makes tens of millions a day because we're fighting in the cities.  We'd need maybe 20k men (IF THAT) to guard the sand between the cities and the pipeline/bases.

They wont, cause war is good business.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 02:18:28 PM »
well, if enough people talk about it, it will move up. 

It's all about military spending.  haliburton makes tens of millions a day because we're fighting in the cities.  We'd need maybe 20k men (IF THAT) to guard the sand between the cities and the pipeline/bases.

They wont, cause war is good business.

How can you say this after trumpeting the rising costs of the war, and the supposed fiscal mismanagement of the Bush Administration?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »
How can you say this after trumpeting the rising costs of the war, and the supposed fiscal mismanagement of the Bush Administration?

ahhh you're getting there!

The govt, our nation, our social security - all going f'king broke by spending $200 million a day on the war.

the defense contractors (collectively called the mil. industrial complex) and war logistics firms are making a mint.  The mil. ind. comp. and the Pentagon are very closely tied to one another - people often move in and out of positions in govt, and positions in these firms, as administrations change.  Look at cheney's resume- when the repubs were in power, he worked in the white house/pentagon.  When out, he worked for defense contractors.  Many of the top guys do this.  Rummy did it too. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
ahhh you're getting there!

The govt, our nation, our social security - all going f'king broke by spending $200 million a day on the war.

the defense contractors (collectively called the mil. industrial complex) and war logistics firms are making a mint.  The mil. ind. comp. and the Pentagon are very closely tied to one another - people often move in and out of positions in govt, and positions in these firms, as administrations change.  Look at cheney's resume- when the repubs were in power, he worked in the white house/pentagon.  When out, he worked for defense contractors.  Many of the top guys do this.  Rummy did it too. 

Oh, okay.  Thanks for clearing that little bit of triviality up for me.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
Oh, okay.  Thanks for clearing that little bit of triviality up for me.

are you mocking that idea?  berserker posted a great google movie 'why we fight' i think it was called.  very clearly details eisenhower's warning about the mil. ind. complex, and very clearly details how they have profited from wars since and extended them for the sole purpose of gaining financially - even as this always means more dead.

once you realize there are a group of firms making good $ from us fighitng in the cities, and you realize these groups influence bush admin/pentagon, this little "stall" technique starts to make sense ;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
are you mocking that idea?  berserker posted a great google movie 'why we fight' i think it was called.  very clearly details eisenhower's warning about the mil. ind. complex, and very clearly details how they have profited from wars since and extended them for the sole purpose of gaining financially - even as this always means more dead.

once you realize there are a group of firms making good $ from us fighitng in the cities, and you realize these groups influence bush admin/pentagon, this little "stall" technique starts to make sense ;)

Uh huh, what better way to make a fortune than to fly a few platoons thousands of miles across the world to a derelict desert nation.  I'd sure buy into your plan if I was President too.  Or not.

PS. I'm not disputing that some firms are profiting from the liberation of Iraq.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »
Uh huh, what better way to make a fortune than to fly a few platoons thousands of miles across the world to a derelict desert nation.  I'd sure buy into your plan if I was President too.  Or not.

PS. I'm not disputing that some firms are profiting from the liberation of Iraq.

these groups of defense contractors are making a lot of money.  They are run by ex-generals and scientists who make money when there is spending on war machinery.

they have been there since WWII and they'll always be there. 

Bush is surrounded by people who work/have worked for them.

Have they influenced him/  I dont know. What do you think?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
these groups of defense contractors are making a lot of money.  They are run by ex-generals and scientists who make money when there is spending on war machinery.

they have been there since WWII and they'll always be there. 

Bush is surrounded by people who work/have worked for them.

Have they influenced him/  I dont know. What do you think?

I don't think Bush went into politics to become rich, there are better (and less scrutinised) ways of getting there.  You'll probably laugh, and others worse, but I do think he is a good man.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 03:55:49 PM »
I don't think Bush went into politics to become rich, there are better (and less scrutinised) ways of getting there.  You'll probably laugh, and others worse, but I do think he is a good man.

{ROTFLMAO} {ROTFLMAO} {ROTFLMAO} {ROTFLMAO} {ROTFLMAO} {ROTFLMAO}
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 04:59:21 AM »

1.  Bush went into politics because it's easier to make money in the private sector when you control policymaking.  When Bush41 puts his eggs in the saudi oil basket, right before Bush43 opens up financial floodgates for oil companies, then Bush43 has a very nice pile of family money as a result.  The family knows energy and they make very good money by trading while controlling trading rules.

2.  I believe that Bush DOES believe he's doing the right thing for America as well as for his own future.  However, we are living thru the initial 25 years of self-attack and elective wars which will pave the way for American exploitation of mid east region for the next 200 years.  Ask someone 100 years from now "Did Bush make America better"? and they might say yes.   Ask someone whose son took a nosedive from the SOuth Tower if Bush made their life better, tho... :(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 07:32:14 AM »

I don't think Dubya went into to politics for the money either.  He was probably financially secure before he ran for governor (was part owner of the Texas Rangers).  But the presidency is a very lucrative job.  The pay is okay, but after they leave office they are pure gold:  lifetime secret service protection, huge book advances and royalties, and six or even seven-figure speaking fees, etc.  Good work if you can get it.   :)