Author Topic: Mirko CroCop documentary  (Read 2049 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Mirko CroCop documentary
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
thanks. havent seen that one. all ive seen was some old video where he works out at the gym but it didnt have any subtitles
Z

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »
that was awesome

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
cool shit. Amazing how chatty he is, yet he's Mr. Stoneface come fight time. I'm beginning to think that's just his schtick. He clearly loves to talk and joke around.
!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 10:16:19 PM »
hahaha yes very cool. he started out because of van damme  ;D
and with a straight face he says "sex is necessary evil"
and he didnt like how they treated rambo and locked him up haha.

he talks really fast. not anything like what we see in the ring.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »
hahaha it's brilliant. his training partner says he's ugly because he had the same girlfriend for 6 years hahha

haaghaha best documentary ive seen! he goes out of the elevator and tell em to do a takedown because he's bored! that's some crazy shit.
all documentaries should be like this.

craziest shit ive seen. knocking on the hotel door on some japanese teens and throw water in their face! hahaha...
Z

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 12:06:36 AM »
I love when they ask him who would win in a fight.. him or Van Damme.. and he says in all seriousness.. 'are you crazy? Van Damme of course!" good to see he can be humble like that.

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 02:28:10 PM »
Thats badass... really lets you know he is human... id hate to be the one who took his dog and held it for ransom  :-\

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 07:48:21 AM »
Thanks for posting that very cool to bad i don't have time to watch it, I have to go to work now :( lol.
P

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 08:30:25 AM »
these vids are so different from the cro cop you normally see

he's so stonefaced before and after a fight

is it a game face?  is he nervous?  or is it a bit of a gimmick, he and fedor kind of have that serial killer michael myers stalking look 

E
E

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 05:43:52 PM »
Thats how alot of people made their first weight set over there. Some empty pails, concrete and a metal bar and you had a set that rivaled Weider's.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 05:19:34 AM »
I think his stone face when coming into a fight is because of a) he's focused on the fight b) it's part of an image, he can't walk through the ring wearing t-shirts of croation special forces or whatever and smile.
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 09:28:58 AM »
ha ha, that was some funny shit. those croations are nuts.

the old guy wasn't to happy after running on to that right hand and getting ktfo.

i'd say the stoney face is because he is focused on the fight and a good fighter controls all of his emotions come time to fight. he becomes like a machine and simply goes about his business of systematically destroying his opponent.

fedor and mirko are great examples of this and it's no wonder they are at the top of their game.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »
They are just calm and focused all good fighters do this when you panic you get your self in trouble and can be manipulated. Fighting involves a great deal of pshycology as well, you can make people do the things you want them to do if you can asses their personality.

A simple exsample of this is a small guy pushes a big guy knowing the big guy will want to show how much stronger he is so he pushes hard back then the little guy drops the resistance on one shoulder sending the big guy dwn face first wile the small guy jumps on the back and chokes or ko's with punches.

in short if you don't show any emotions it's hard for your opponent to manipulate you, or figure out what they should do with you.

The other reason is being emotional is tiering, ever had a stress full day at work and you barley physically worked yet you feel exhausted? This can happen in a fight hell fear alone can turn a troublesome fighter in to a cake walk. imagine all the other emotions you could use to your advantage.
P

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »
I also like how both fedor and cro cop show little emotion after a win

They might crack half a smile at most 

it's like they expected to win and it seems for real unlike guys like liddell who claim to never get nervous yet run around the octagon overly celebrating after a win

not that there is anything wrong with that but I just think it makes him look a little insecure

E

E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 08:29:01 AM »
I also like how both fedor and cro cop show little emotion after a win

They might crack half a smile at most 

it's like they expected to win and it seems for real unlike guys like liddell who claim to never get nervous yet run around the octagon overly celebrating after a win

not that there is anything wrong with that but I just think it makes him look a little insecure

E

i think that's standard protocol with the ufc.

points above are pretty spot on.

only issue i have is the 'fear' part.

fear is something you can't avoid.

fear, hatred, passion, pride, etc can be fantastic motivaters. many people fight better in these circumstances.

the catch is that you must control and utilise them.

it's like a fire. useful if you control it, but it can easily become a hazzard or even a disaster if you can't.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 09:49:30 AM »
i think that's standard protocol with the ufc.

points above are pretty spot on.

only issue i have is the 'fear' part.

fear is something you can't avoid.

fear, hatred, passion, pride, etc can be fantastic motivaters. many people fight better in these circumstances.

the catch is that you must control and utilise them.

it's like a fire. useful if you control it, but it can easily become a hazzard or even a disaster if you can't.
True fact!
S