Author Topic: 'NYT' Reporter Who Got Iraqi WMDs Wrong Now Highlights Iran Claims  (Read 693 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
NEW YORK Saturday’s New York Times features an article, posted at the top of its Web site late Friday, that suggests very strongly that Iran is supplying the “deadliest weapon aimed at American troops” in Iraq. The author notes, “Any assertion of an Iranian contribution to attacks on Americans in Iraq is both politically and diplomatically volatile.”

What is the source of this volatile information? Nothing less than “civilian and military officials from a broad range of government agencies.”

Sound pretty convincing? Well, almost all the sources in the story are unnamed. It also may be worth noting that the author is Michael R. Gordon, the same Times reporter who, on his own, or with Judith Miller, wrote some of the key, and badly misleading or downright inaccurate, articles about Iraqi WMDs in the run-up to the 2003 invasion.

Gordon wrote with Miller the paper's most widely criticized -- even by the Times itself -- WMD story of all, the Sept. 8, 2002, “aluminum tubes” story that proved so influential, especially since the administration trumpeted it on TV talk shows.

When the Times eventually carried an editors’ note that admitted some of its Iraq coverage was wrong and/or overblown, it criticized two Miller-Gordon stories, and
noted that the Sept. 8, 2002, article on page one of the newspaper "gave the first detailed account of the aluminum tubes. The article cited unidentified senior administration officials who insisted that the dimensions, specifications and numbers of tubes sought showed that they were intended for a nuclear weapons program."

This, of course, proved bogus.

Your Iran Weapons Claim reporter was wrong last time.  3100 dead.  Do you trust him this time?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: 'NYT' Reporter Who Got Iraqi WMDs Wrong Now Highlights Iran Claims
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 05:29:47 PM »
Fool me once, ...shame on you... fool me twice... you can't get fooled again, ...or can you?  :P
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:35:56 PM »
People are buying it.

Wow, people are stupid.

They catch their daddy in a lie about Santa Claus, and still get all excited when the easter bunny comes.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:36:49 PM »
Personally I liked the tooth fairy better myself. She left $$$  :D
w