Author Topic: Will Americans discriminate again based on religion in the Presidential race?  (Read 6627 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I know about the bombing of which you speak.  As far as the war, people didn't want loss of life and the hippy generation kept that going.

So you completely discount the fact that the population felt they shouldn't be there in the first place?
Of course people are going to object to an increasing body count if they believe they shouldn't be there in the first place. 

Learn to read for God sakes.  They had worse casualties and a harder war and they didn't bitch and gripe like all these sissies from the 70's on.

I do know how to read. I wish yu would learn how to comprehend.
The difference between WWII and Vietnam is that the public supported the war and believed in the cause.

Nobody complained when there were casualties in Gulf War I. The protests and anti-war positions come out strong when there is no proper justification for going to war. The population was all for it when they thought there were WMDs and that they were days away from seeing a mushroom cloud over their cities, ..but now that they know it was all a lie, increased casualties is like throwing good money after bad.

If you want to see increased support for the military, your governement needs to restore the military to it's place of honour, and not use it to feed corporate greed. HH6 said he doesn't want to see morale go down like it did after Nam, but the current path this administration is on pretty much guarantees it.

And can we return back on topic? remember the topic you started... religion and the presidential race?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Nobody complained when there were casualties in Gulf War I.

???

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
I didn't skew the topic.

Before I switch back.  You're theory on Gulf War 1 discounts 240 and his theory that nobody wants us to be world police.  Why did Kuwait call for our help then?

Back to topic.  The liberals don't want a Catholic Pres because they think that 1.) the Pope will control the office, 2.) abortion will be overturned.  That is why. 
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
cap,

you're quickly marginalizing yourself.

you're appearing irrational and making plain ol nonsense arguments:

1. The average American (like Cindy Sheehan)

The average american thinks we should never lose a life in combat or it's a lost cause

This remark encompasses everyone under 30 that I know in terms of the wars or police or any other person of authority. 

You just said the avg american is like Cindy sheehan.
You just said one war death is unacceptable to americans.
You just claimed to know thoughts of hundreds or thousands of people.

Don't "Rush" into being labeled an emotional screamer with zero facts or basis in reality.

24KT

• Getbig V
I didn't skew the topic.

Before I switch back.  You're theory on Gulf War 1 discounts 240 and his theory that nobody wants us to be world police.  Why did Kuwait call for our help then?

Because it was the USA that gave him permission to invade Kuwait in the first place.
Furthermore, Desert Storm & Desert Shield, was not a unilateral US force. It was a coalition of nations.

Back to topic.  The liberals don't want a Catholic Pres because they think that 1.) the Pope will control the office, 2.) abortion will be overturned.  That is why. 

That was the same bogus argument made against JFK (with the exception of Roe v. Wade)

So what's Guliani's position on reproductive rights?
It is possible for one to be a Catholic, but support birth control even though the Pope had decreed against it.

Are you catholic, ...have you ever masturbated? see what I mean?

Again, it should come down to the issues, and their stance on it, rather than their religion.
w

24KT

• Getbig V

Don't "Rush" into being labeled an emotional screamer with zero facts or basis in reality.

Rob, ...cut him a little slack. He's Calabrese. They wrote the book on emotional screaming.  :P

(if that offends you cap, I'll delete it)
w

Cap

• Getbig V
Because it was the USA that gave him permission to invade Kuwait in the first place.
Furthermore, Desert Storm & Desert Shield, was not a unilateral US force. It was a coalition of nations.

That was the same bogus argument made against JFK (with the exception of Roe v. Wade)

So what's Guliani's position on reproductive rights?
It is possible for one to be a Catholic, but support birth control even though the Pope had decreed against it.

Are you catholic, ...have you ever masturbated? see what I mean?

Again, it should come down to the issues, and their stance on it, rather than their religion.
The Church's stance on contraception is a man made law, abortion is not.  Keep trying.

It will come down to religion and the issues, but def not 9/11.

Don't Rush.  Haha.  Please.  You claim that Americans care about 9/11 this much.  Get a clue pal.  I have never ever heard of anyone talking about this topic the way you do.  Get a life, enjoy the family, do something but find a new hobby.  I stand by my posts because I see the average people and hear them speak every day.

Their criticisms of Bush:
1.) Bad orator
2.) Don't like death of soldiers
3.) War is not the answer
4.) No WMD

9/11 What??
Squishy face retard

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve

Are you reading this?

Cheney said the will of the AMerican people no longer influences the Bush Admin decision making on the war.

If 99% of AMerica writes a letter to the WHite House asking them to end the war, they will not listen.  This is what he's saying. 

That is bullying, yes.  Or, it's taking a big dump in your lap and calling it democracy.

Crazy thing is America was never meant to be a "democracy." The founding fathers didn't intend for 51% to choose for 49%. That is why we elect politicians. I can't help it americans dont' realize that. Bush and company were chosen to lead our country. Not listen to what evry tom dick and harry wants to do. This bullshit in america of 10% being offended by the mention of god and 90% not being offended, yet we cater to the 10% is BS. Until Bush leaves it hs constitutional right to make the decisions he sees as neccesary.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Crazy thing is America was never meant to be a "democracy." The founding fathers didn't intend for 51% to choose for 49%. That is why we elect politicians. I can't help it americans dont' realize that. Bush and company were chosen to lead our country. Not listen to what evry tom dick and harry wants to do. This bullshit in america of 10% being offended by the mention of god and 90% not being offended, yet we cater to the 10% is BS. Until Bush leaves it hs constitutional right to make the decisions he sees as neccesary.

You're embarassing your country right now, a US soldier telling us these things.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV

You're embarassing your country right now, a US soldier telling us these things.

It is the truth carck head. Just like how the settlers came here why? Unfair taxes, how did we end up the most taxed nation in the world? DEMOCRATS
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
It is the truth carck head. Just like how the settlers came here why? Unfair taxes, how did we end up the most taxed nation in the world? DEMOCRATS

You have dog shit where your brain should be.  You do.  Repubs held power for 6 years and had power to do whatever they wanted to taxes.  You spelled crackhead wrong also.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
You have dog shit where your brain should be.  You do.  Repubs held power for 6 years and had power to do whatever they wanted to taxes.  You spelled crackhead wrong also.

I never said I approve of what the GOP has done the last 6 years. They were pussies. nothing on Abortion, Gay marriage, the border, taxes etc...... I am not a Republican, I do tend to lean towards thier stance on issues (see afformentioned issues) but I don't think they even have a stance on them. If it was my way we would create at least one more party.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I never said I approve of what the GOP has done the last 6 years. They were pussies. nothing on Abortion, Gay marriage, the border, taxes etc...... I am not a Republican, I do tend to lean towards thier stance on issues (see afformentioned issues) but I don't think they even have a stance on them. If it was my way we would create at least one more party.

You said the dems were to blame for making us the most taxed nation earth:
Unfair taxes, how did we end up the most taxed nation in the world? DEMOCRATS

Aside from the fact I think you're very wrong we're the most taxed nation,

Why didn't the republicans FIX the taxes in the last 6 years?  By allowing it to continue, they took ownership and therefore responsibility.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Jag, what province do you live in
Valhalla awaits.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
You said the dems were to blame for making us the most taxed nation earth:
Aside from the fact I think you're very wrong we're the most taxed nation,

Why didn't the republicans FIX the taxes in the last 6 years?  By allowing it to continue, they took ownership and therefore responsibility.

reread and see that I dislike the fact that the GOP didn't adress taxes among other things
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
Unfair taxes, how did we end up the most taxed nation in the world? DEMOCRATS

:o  Dude, you ever been to Canada, ...let alone England?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Jag, what province do you live in

Ontario
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Tho I'm not American, I think I have more of a pulse on the mentality of the average American than you.

'Aware' Canadians typically know way more about America and American politics than the average Americans do.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Hmm... I'm going to say that no... Religion will not be a big factor in 2K8.

It certainly wasn't a factor in 2K6... Besides, I think most people realize that MOST politicians are Christian... How can religion be a factor? They are almost all of the SAME religion anyway.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
'Aware' Canadians typically know way more about America and American politics than the average Americans do.

I would agree with that. 

jimmy and jag share a common belief about 9/11 too.   Perhaps with time the rest of us will catch up with them.

Cap

• Getbig V
Hmm... I'm going to say that no... Religion will not be a big factor in 2K8.

It certainly wasn't a factor in 2K6... Besides, I think most people realize that MOST politicians are Christian... How can religion be a factor? They are almost all of the SAME religion anyway.
Tell that to the Lutherans and other non-Catholics that always win.  One Catholic president and he was killed (not for that reason though).

I would agree with that. 

jimmy and jag share a common belief about 9/11 too.   Perhaps with time the rest of us will catch up with them.
If Jag's "knowledge" is where I need to catch up to, then I'll stay put.  She needs to learn how to stick by her posts and not back pedal, and for the record she either posts nasty comments or just commends you.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Tell that to the Lutherans and other non-Catholics that always win.  One Catholic president and he was killed (not for that reason though).

Well, I am not saying that there isn't some prejudice between the sects of Christianity... but damn, they're still Christians...