Author Topic: "Fat Loss Revealed" by Will Brink  (Read 9267 times)

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
"Fat Loss Revealed" by Will Brink
« on: February 12, 2007, 12:10:20 PM »
Have any of you guys bought and/or read this e-book yet? 

http://www.aboutsupplements.com/

I've always liked Will Brink's writing, so I'm very interested in purchasing this, however, just wanted to see if any of you guys have checked it out first - any feedback on it?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: "Fat Loss Revealed" by Will Brink
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 08:14:10 AM »
I never thought I'd say this, but that guy really needs to do some neck presses.

Can't help you out, big guy.  Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is good though.  Free too.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:05:38 AM »
Have any of you guys bought and/or read this e-book yet? 

http://www.aboutsupplements.com/

I've always liked Will Brink's writing, so I'm very interested in purchasing this, however, just wanted to see if any of you guys have checked it out first - any feedback on it?

It sucks. You can’t trust that guy…kidding.  If you like my writing in general, you can’t really go wrong here either. Regardless, there is a money back guarantee, so if you hate it, you have that option. Good luck.

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »
I never thought I'd say this, but that guy really needs to do some neck presses.

Can't help you out, big guy.  Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is good though.  Free too.

Here's me and my neck "back in the day."

No, I was not going to win the Olympia any time soon, but I did OK with the genetics I was given. Here's me now at 42:

Again, I will not be winning any bbing shows any day soon, but I do OK. I did have some nerves cut in my neck after having a bad lymph node removed some years ago that did seem cost size there, but to be honest, I don't put a lot of focus on neck training anyway....

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:48:55 PM »
Will... I've seen you in dozens of pictures.

How come you never smile in them?

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 02:40:35 PM »
Will... I've seen you in dozens of pictures.

How come you never smile in them?

'Cause i'm even uglier when I smile! Honestly, I just hate being in front of cameras and take very few pics. I look like a tard when I smile for pics, but thanx for asking  :P

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:37 PM »
No, I was not going to win the Olympia any time soon, but I did OK with the genetics gear I was given.

Just giving you a hard time Will.  I think I was feeling bitter because I filled out some form, got some info I didn't find terribly insightful, and then got spammed for like 3 months or something.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:35:16 AM »
Just giving you a hard time Will.  I think I was feeling bitter because I filled out some form, got some info I didn't find terribly insightful, and then got spammed for like 3 months or something.

There's nothing we send out that does not have an opt out option on every email. It's not like I don't have a ton of free articles, etc on my site. Sorry to you didn't find the info recieved insightful. All the best.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 07:50:22 AM »
I actually purchased "Fat Loss Revealed" shortly after my original post, back in February.  It's a good read; though I mostly was just interested in the "supplement review" portion of it.

Personally, the REAL value came with your forum/message board!  It's absolutely killer!  Don't get me wrong, I love GetBig.com, but on your forum, I can ask for a review of ANY SUPPLEMENT OUT THERE, and I usually get a very detailed, unbiased, scientifically based response within a day or two!  Elissa is awesome (she's a moderator there).

Anywho, KICK ASS!

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »
I actually purchased "Fat Loss Revealed" shortly after my original post, back in February.  It's a good read; though I mostly was just interested in the "supplement review" portion of it.

Personally, the REAL value came with your forum/message board!  It's absolutely killer!  Don't get me wrong, I love GetBig.com, but on your forum, I can ask for a review of ANY SUPPLEMENT OUT THERE, and I usually get a very detailed, unbiased, scientifically based response within a day or two!  Elissa is awesome (she's a moderator there).

Anywho, KICK ASS!

Thanx brother. Fat Loss Revealed is a bit more of a mainstream diet/fat loss ebook, where as BodyBuilding Revealed is much more directed at people focused on gaining size/strength, so I am suprised you didn't end up there vs FLR. Forum there is also much busier with the same great mods. We just updated the ebook, so it's over 650 pages long and covers just about every supp on the planet.

Agreed, Elissa is the sh*&, but Evan, MarkS, and myself aint half bad either, as well as the members who really help each other out.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 07:22:32 AM »
FYI,  here’s my latest article and thoughts on what’s all the rage these days in sports/bbing nutrition, pre and post workout nutrition. As usual, I take a different approach to the topic and attempt to remove the hype and hyperbole…Enjoy!

The Religion of Pre and Post Workout Nutrition.

By Will Brink

Pre- and post-workout nutrition is all the rage these days, and for good reason. For some, however, it’s become more than a science—it’s become their religion, or perhaps just a place to focus their OCD-like tendencies. Regardless, people have taken the topic of pre- and post-workout nutrition to a level that is not justified by the research, or at least not confirmed by the research that currently exists.

Cont;

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?aid=110&acatid=3

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 10:28:36 PM »
Here's me and my neck "back in the day."

IN the OG Gold's tank top nonetheless ;D

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 06:37:18 AM »
IN the OG Gold's tank top nonetheless ;D

Hey, I still have that tank top!  ;D

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 07:37:34 AM »

Anywho, KICK ASS!

I'm also back to putting out a regular news letter after being a lazy SOB for a while. If interested, here's March 2008 Brinkzone Newsletter Contents

* My Apologies : Why Newsletters Have Not Been Going Out.
    * Video Of The Month  : Behind the Scenes of the Arnold Classic
    * Article Of The Month : Calorie Restriction
    * Exercise Video Of The Month : Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    * Q&A Of The Month : An anti-cholesterol medication called Pravastatin
    * Photo Of The Month : Irvin Gelb's Photo Time
    * Learning and Fun Aboard the Sun - My Life Extension Cruise.
    * My Quotes Of The Month
    * Transformation : Have you transformed your Physique?
    * References

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?aid=116&acatid=8

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
I'm also back to putting out a regular news letter after being a lazy SOB for a while. If interested, here's March 2008 Brinkzone Newsletter Contents

* My Apologies : Why Newsletters Have Not Been Going Out.
    * Video Of The Month  : Behind the Scenes of the Arnold Classic
    * Article Of The Month : Calorie Restriction
    * Exercise Video Of The Month : Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    * Q&A Of The Month : An anti-cholesterol medication called Pravastatin
    * Photo Of The Month : Irvin Gelb's Photo Time
    * Learning and Fun Aboard the Sun - My Life Extension Cruise.
    * My Quotes Of The Month
    * Transformation : Have you transformed your Physique?
    * References

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?aid=116&acatid=8

what do you think about dairy while cutting up....i do not compete or anything, just trying to get abs again

i eat fat free cottage cheese twice a day(1 cup twice daily)....some people say dairy is bad while cutting....not sure if this is true?

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »
what do you think about dairy while cutting up....i do not compete or anything, just trying to get abs again

i eat fat free cottage cheese twice a day(1 cup twice daily)....some people say dairy is bad while cutting....not sure if this is true?

Many people cut out dairy when attempting to lose fat, but interestingly, recent studies find dairy intake is actually associated with less bodyfat. People attempting to get to very low BF levels, below 5%, levels where minor water retention can be seen, often feel dairy makes them hold subQ water, and will stop dairy.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 11:07:47 AM »
Many people cut out dairy when attempting to lose fat, but interestingly, recent studies find dairy intake is actually associated with less bodyfat. People attempting to get to very low BF levels, below 5%, levels where minor water retention can be seen, often feel dairy makes them hold subQ water, and will stop dairy.

thanks man!! i am not looking at 5% or less...more like 8-10%, so i am fine

on the water retention subject, i have been eating a Gala apple everyday mid morning and they seem to be excelent
for giving me a dryer look....not sure if it is the fiber or what, but everytime i eat one i get the same effect hours later

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
its cause of the calcium, or so says MD research team

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »
its cause of the calcium, or so says MD research team

On fat loss or water retention? If fat loss, unless they have some new study I have not seen, no, it's not just the calcium. They did studies with calcium (as they assumed the effect was perhaps coming from the calcium) and it failed to have the same effects on fat loss compared to dairy. From my article "The Whey to Weight loss" :

“…dairy sources of calcium markedly attenuate weight and fat gain and accelerate fat loss to a greater degree than do supplemental sources of calcium. This augmented effect of dairy products relative to supplemental calcium is likely due to additional bioactive compounds, including the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and the rich concentration of branched-chain amino acids in whey, which act synergistically with calcium to attenuate adiposity.”

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?acatid=3&aid=11

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
you think its a combination of whey protein and calcium????

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »
you think its a combination of whey protein and calcium????

I don't "think" it, I follow the data and facts that exist, and it's been shown calcium alone is not what causes the fat loss. Whether it's strictly the whey fraction of the dairy + calcium is unclear, but that data on whey as a fat loss agent and general supp/food helpful to fat loss is compelling and covered fully in my article.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 12:23:05 PM »
the whole calcium = weight loss is just another women's weight loss marketting ploy
for a product that targets women

i have a women's weight loss center and i have had clients try:

- the french fry "diet"
- soup "diet"
- grapefruit "diet"

seems very common for overweight women to take advice from a 300lb lady that has lost
5 pounds than look at the fitness community for advice

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »
the whole calcium = weight loss is just another women's weight loss marketting ploy
for a product that targets women
rom a 300lb lady that has lost
5 pounds than look at the fitness community for advice

He asked a question about dairy, I answered it. The above has no bearing on that or useful context to the conversation. The data finds dairy is associated with fat loss period. That does not change with diet marketers taking advantage of women or stupid diets like french fry diets. The effect of dairy is fairly weak in the studies, bit the effect is there none the less, and that effect has been shown to not be due to simple calcium content.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »
there is more to calcium and fat loss than just a scam to women, no patience.

look it up, there is actually very strong eveidence in support of a calcium deficiency causing obesity