Author Topic: According to some here, terrorim started during the Bush reign  (Read 6886 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: According to some here, terrorim started during the Bush reign
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »
Erm, okay.

Do they play dodge ball in the land down under?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 07:07:14 PM »
Do they play dodge ball in the land down under?

We play AFL:

http://afl.com.au

It would crush you  ;)
Thread Killer

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 04:07:13 AM »
It's a fact the vast majority of terrorists are Islamic.  Until this is not the case, they will be discussed hand in hand.

That is not a fact.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 07:37:16 AM »
That is not a fact.

-Hedge

Sure seems that way.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 07:39:20 AM »
Sure seems that way.

Seems like you should back it up with stats then.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 07:57:29 AM »
Seems like you should back it up with stats then.

Seems like you should just be quiet already.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »
Seems like you should just be quiet already.   ::)

In other words, you can't back it up, just like you couldn't back up your claim I was wrong that the majority of Iraqis want us out.

It's hilarious - now that your neocon wet dream is starting to collapse, suddenly every poll or stat is 'hogwash'.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »
So what happened to 1984 Beirut, 1993 WTC and 2000 USS Cole?  Was Bush reincarnated?  Does he have magic powers? 

here's what Jag stated on the thread i started

Bush didn't confront terrorists. Bush toppled the sovereign nation of Iraq and gave birth to terrorists.
He provided justification for their cause, and validated them in the minds of many wouldbe terrorists.
He spread the seeds for terrorism, as well as hatred and distrust towards America, and watered and fertilized them well. Now everyone is stuck dealing with the weeds that have sprung up.

unbelievable
W

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »

here's what Jag stated on the thread i started

unbelievable

Bush's blunder in Iraq allow terrorism to flourish in iraq where it was tiny beofre the war.

He didn't give birth to them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »
Bush's blunder in Iraq allow terrorism to flourish in iraq where it was tiny beofre the war.

Bush did facilitate terrorist growth in Iraq, this is undeniable.  Two reasons:

1) Saddam had a set of controls in place so that anytime three people got together, saddam got a memo and they got questioned.  None of this roving death squad shit.  No civil fighting.  Everyone was so scared of saddam they didn't start shit.  They respected the law, incredibly.  Do they respect it now?

2) There were no jihadist targets in iraq before 2002.  There are 130,000 now. :(

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »
Of course they do, but you have to admit the British creation of Israel was one of the worst decisions ever. Yeah, put a bunch of eastern europeans in semetic land that is literally the stuff of legend and early human history.

Early human history that they were a part of, bright spot. Last time the Palestinians controlled Jersualem, you couldn't walk around in it without getting shot. I forget that you're a sand nig, camel jockey.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »
In other words, you can't back it up, just like you couldn't back up your claim I was wrong that the majority of Iraqis want us out.

It's hilarious - now that your neocon wet dream is starting to collapse, suddenly every poll or stat is 'hogwash'.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

Not necessarily.  I remember reading that Saddam was providing financial rewards to the families of suicide bombers in Israel. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 10:18:20 AM »
Not necessarily.  I remember reading that Saddam was providing financial rewards to the families of suicide bombers in Israel. 

Every one who did was given $25,000.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
Early human history that they were a part of, bright spot. Last time the Palestinians controlled Jersualem, you couldn't walk around in it without getting shot. I forget that you're a sand nig, camel jockey.  ::)

I'm not even from the middle east. You can't even argue the point at hand so you resort to racial slurs, which just makes you look bad. Maybe my opinions hit home? Are you jewish? If so, I don't have anything against you or the nation of Israel. Even people like Hedge have come out and said this, so is he a sand guy too?

I was just trying to make you understand the consequences of the creation of Israel. I'm not saying Israel doesn't have right to exist, or anything of that nature. Most Israelis now were born there and have every right to their country. Maybe my opinions hit home? Are you jewish? If so, I don't have anything against you or the nation of Israel.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
Every one who did was given $25,000.

Sounds like sponsoring terrorism to me. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »
Sounds like sponsoring terrorism to me. 

That's the first time i've heard that about 25K.  Was it a PR thing?  was it real?  I'm sure you have some links.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:21 AM »
That's the first time i've heard that about 25K.  Was it a PR thing?  was it real?  I'm sure you have some links.

Oil-for-food
funded terror
U.S. to reveal tomorrow Saddam used U.N. to aid suicide bombers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 16, 2004
6:36 p.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A U.S. congressional committee will reveal tomorrow that money taken by deposed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein from the U.N. oil-for-food program was used as reward payments to families of Palestinian suicide bombers, WorldNetDaily has learned.

The committee, led by Rep. Henry Hyde, R-Ill., chairman of the House Committee on International Affairs, will reveal tomorrow that some of the $10 billion Saddam allegedly forced contractors to kick back from the oil-for-food program between 1997 and 2002 was used to fund families of Palestinians suicide bombers.

Israel has said the aid received from Saddam provided major financial motivation to underprivileged teenagers who could help their cash-strapped families with the large payments that would be issued upon completion of a suicide mission.

The U.N. Security Council launched the oil-for-food program in 1996 so Iraq could raise funds for food, medicine and other humanitarian goods in spite of sanctions against the Saddam regime.

Iraq sold more than $67 billion worth of oil before the program was ended by the U.S. invasion last year.

According to the rules outlined by the Security Council, Iraq was allowed to choose its own suppliers and oil traders. Under the program, the Security Council established a separate committee made up of member states, the so-called "661 Committee," to approve all contracts issued by the Iraqi government.

The General Accounting Office, the auditing arm of the U.S. Congress, reported Hussein illegally diverted and sold goods intended for the Iraqi population.

Sources tell WorldNetDaily Hyde will detail the methods used by Saddam to funnel some of the money from the proceeds to fund Palestinian terrorism against Israelis. A U.S. official said the money was wired to an account in the Rafaidan Bank of Jordan then transferred to the personal account of Iraq's ambassador to Jordan, who would then have the money delivered to the Palestinians.

As WorldNetDaily reported, remnants of Saddam's regime may still be funding terrorism against Israel by continuing the payments to families of Palestinian suicide bombers the dictator previously provided, according to a document recently seized in Iraq and obtained by WorldNetDaily .

The document, discovered by a U.S. military unit on the body of an Iraqi combatant in Northern Iraq in September, is a general "Certificate of Martyrdom" honoring a family member who carries out a suicide attack against Israelis. It was provided to WorldNetDaily by an American military source in Iraq.

Unlike documents Saddam issued while in power, the new certificate refers to the former Iraqi leader as a "Freedom Fighter" and is not signed by Saddam himself, but by the "Iraq Sector Command," a reference not previously used in such certificates, indicating that post-Saddam militants may be seeking to fund Palestinian terrorism.

Military analysts experienced in Iraqi affairs told WorldNetDaily the document appears indeed to be post-Saddam, although it is unclear whether it was printed while Saddam went into hiding or after he was captured in December 2003.

While in power, Saddam paid the families of Palestinian suicide bombers as much as $25,000 each. The checks were thought to provide major financial motivation to underprivileged teenagers who could help their cash-strapped families with the payments that would be issued upon completion of a suicide mission.

According to documents captured in 2002 by Israel's Operation Defensive Shield, Saddam set up an "Arab Liberation Front" – a Ba'ath party department in the Palestinian areas used to encourage terrorism and issue checks, usually through the Palestine Investment Bank, to the families of suicide bombers.

The payments were $15,000 at the start of the intifada, and were later raised to $25,000.

Saddam would also issue checks of $10,000 to the families of "ordinary" Palestinians killed in the intifada by other means, such as "through the aggression of the Zionist army."

Along with the checks came the martyrdom certificates, signed by Saddam, that read: "A gift from President Saddam Hussein to the family of a martyr in the al-Aqsa intifada. To those who irrigate the land with their blood. You deserve the honor you will receive from Allah and you will defeat all who bow before your will."

A $25,000 check and martyrdom certificate, for example, was transferred June 23, 2002, to Khaldiya Isma'il Abd Al-Aziz Al-Hurani, mother of the Hamas terrorist Fuad Isma'il Ahmad Al-Hurani, who carried out a suicide attack on March 19 of that year in Jerusalem's Moment Cafe. Eleven Israelis were killed and 16 wounded in the attack.

Checks for $15,000 each were given along with the martyrdom certificates to the families of Hamas suicide terrorists who blew themselves up in Zion Square in Jerusalem Dec. 1, 2001.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41487

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 10:28:29 AM »
I'm not even from the middle east. You can't even argue the point at hand so you resort to racial slurs, which just makes you look bad. Maybe my opinions hit home? Are you jewish? If so, I don't have anything against you or the nation of Israel. Even people like Hedge have come out and said this, so is he a sand guy too?

I was just trying to make you understand the consequences of the creation of Israel. I'm not saying Israel doesn't have right to exist, or anything of that nature. Most Israelis now were born there and have every right to their country. Maybe my opinions hit home? Are you jewish? If so, I don't have anything against you or the nation of Israel.

I'm not Jewish but it's just going to show you don't know much about early world history if you don't think the Jews have a claim to that land.

Beachbum, 240 is probably going to claim that article was written by some corrupt NYT reporter and that there's no proof to it.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »

And this is the same thug that was once our ally and to whom we gave weapons.   :-X

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »
That is not a fact.

-Hedge

AAhhhh, when was the last time you heard of a Christian blowing themselves and other up??

Show me where it's not a fact....and don't go to some conspriacy site to get becuase that will just blow your credibility all to hell!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »
I'm not Jewish but it's just going to show you don't know much about early world history if you don't think the Jews have a claim to that land.

I didn't say they didn't, genius. Most of the people that relocated there were of eastern european descent and had little racial connection to the early Israelites. The Palestian people could have been jewish at one time too, but they were converted to Islam in the late 7th century AD. A jewish state could have been created anywhere in europe, but I guess they want to give up their land, so they just created a state on one of their colonies. And I guess they had every right to do so because England gained control of Palestine after WWI, and to the victor goes and spoils of war.

You don't understand me, as I never said that they don't have a claim to that land. I said creating Israel has caused a lot of problems. Try and understand that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »
Thanks, BB. 

Very interesting.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »
Oil-for-food
funded terror
U.S. to reveal tomorrow Saddam used U.N. to aid suicide bombers

good post beach.
but i think it's moot, they will still defend saddam and terrorists
W

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »
Ok, title of this thread...who are the "some" that believe Bush started terrorism?

You must have some specific people in mind and stats to back it up.

Who are the "They" that defend Sadaam and terrorism?
Do they post on this board?  If so, name names and proof to back it up.

Just because people have differing opinions means just that.  It doesn't automatically make them Bush haters and terrorist lovers.

Open your ears as well as your minds.  This is specifically to cap86 if you really believe people posting on this forum think terrorism started with Bush. 
Also, specifically to Mighty mouse 72 if you really believe people posting here are supporters of sadaam and terrorism.

Sandra